Facts About Dominic West
|Celebrated Name||Dominic West|
|Age||53 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Dominic Gerard Francis Eagleton West|
|Profession||Actor , Director , Musician|
|Place Of Birth||Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire|
|Famous For||His role as Jimmy McNulty in The Wire (2002–2008) and as Noah Solloway in The Affair (2014–2019)|
|Father||Thomas George Eagleton West|
|Mother||Pauline Mary Cleary|
|College / University||Eton College, Trinity College Dublin, Guildhall School of Music and Drama|
|Debut Movie||Richard III|
|Debut Television Show/Series||Out of Hours|
|Married Date||26 June 2010|
|Daughter||Dora, Christabel, Martha|
|Height||1.83 m (6 feet)|
|Weight||195.8 lbs (89 kg)|
|Chest Size||42 inches|
|Waist Size||35 inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Net Worth||$14 million|
Dominic Gerard Francis Eagleton West, popularly known as Dominic West is an English actor, director, and musician. West is best known for playing Jimmy McNulty in the crime drama series, The Wire from 2002 to 2008 and Noah Solloway in the drama series, The Affair from 2014 to 2019. He is also known for playing serial killer Fred West in the crime drama television film, Appropriate Adult and Fred Casely in the 2002 film, Chicago.
He has starred in numerous films and television series and has earned several awards including Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture and Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble for Chicago, British Academy Television Award for Best Actor for Appropriate Adult, Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama for The Affair, and Broadcasting Press Guild Award for Best Actor for The Hour.
What is Dominic West Famous For?
- His role as Jimmy McNulty in The Wire (2002–2008).
- His role as Noah Solloway in The Affair (2014–2019).
Where is Dominic West From?
Dominic West was born on 15 October 1969. His birth name is Dominic Gerard Francis Eagleton West. His birth place is in Sheffield, West Riding of Yorkshire in England. He holds an English nationality. He was born to a father, Thomas George Eagleton West, and a mother, Pauline Mary Cleary. He is of Irish ancestry. He belongs to White ethnicity. His religion is Christianity. He has 6 siblings: 5 sisters and 1 brother. His zodiac sign is Libra.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Eton College. He then attended Trinity College Dublin where he studied English literature. He graduated from Trinity College Dublin in 1993. He then attended the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, from where he graduated in 1995.
Dominic West Career
- He made his acting debut with the 1991 short film, 3 Joes.
- He made his feature film debut with the 1995 film, Richard III.
- He appeared in films True Blue, Surviving Picasso, E=mc2, The Gambler, Diana & Me, Spice World, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Star Wars: Episode I-The Phantom Menace from 199 to 1999.
- From 2000 to 2010, he starred in films, 28 Days, Rock Star, Ten Minutes Older, Chicago, Mona Lisa Smile, The Forgotten, 300, Hannibal Rising, Punisher: War Zone, Centurion, Words of the Blitz, and From Time to Time.
- For his role in the 2002 film Chicago, he won the Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Acting Ensemble and Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture.
- His movie appearances in the 2010s are Johnny English Reborn, The Awakening, John Carter, Pride, Testament of Youth, Genius, Money Monster, The Square, Tomb Raider, and Colette.
- He had voice roles in films, Jackboots on Whitehall, Arthur Christmas, and Finding Dory.
- He made his television debut with the medical drama television series, Out of Hours in 1998.
- He is best known for his main role as Detective Jimmy McNulty in the crime drama series, The Wire from 2002 to 2008.
- He won Crime Thriller Award for Best Actor for his role.
- He is also known for his role as Noah Solloway in the drama series, The Affair from 2014 to 2019.
- For his role in The Affair, he won the Satellite Award for Best Actor-Television Series Drama. He was also nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor-Television Series Drama.
- His another major role includes Hector Madden in the drama series, The Hour from 2011 to 2012.
- For his role in The Hour, he won the Broadcasting Press Guild Award for Best Actor and was nominated for Golden Globe Award and Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor.
- He appeared in television series, A Christmas Carol (1999), Les Miserables, Stateless, The Catherine Tate Show, and The Devil's Whore.
- He won the British Academy Television Award for Best Actor for his work in Appropriate Adult. He was also nominated for Crime Thriller Award and the Royal Television Society Award for Best Actor for his role.
- He has also starred in television films, The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby (2001), Breaking the Mould (2009), Appropriate Adult (2011), and Burton & Taylor (2013).
- For his work in Burton & Taylor, he was nominated for British Academy Television Award and Satellite Award for Best Actor.
- He played Gordon in the Australian drama series, Stateless in 2020.
- He has been playing Dr. Chris Cox in the comedy-drama series, Brassic since 2019.
- He played Edward in Harley Granville Barker's The Voysey Inheritance directed by Peter Gill at the Royal National Theatre in 2006.
- He starred at London's Donmar Warehouse as the protagonist in Helen Edmundson's adaptation of Pedro Calderon de la Barca's existential drama Life Is a Dream in 2009.
- He played the title role in Simon Gray's classic comedy, Butley, playing at the Duchess Theatre in London from 1 June 2011.
- He played Iago to his former Wire co-star Clarke Peters's Othello at the Crucible Theatre in September 2011.
- He starred in Jez Butterworth's The River at the Royal Court Theatre in London in 2012.
- He played Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady at the Crucible Theatre in Sheffield from December 2012 to January 2013.
- Between 2015 and 2016, he starred alongside Janet McTeer in Les Liaisons Dangereuses at the Donmar Warehouse in London.
Dominic West Wife
Dominic West is a married man. He is married to Catherine FitzGerald. They had dated at university. They had separated at the time. The two rekindled their affair and this time it led to their marriage. The couple got married on 26 June 2010. The couple has four children together: Dora, Senan, Francis, and Christabel. He also has a daughter named Martha from his previous relationship with Polly Astor.
West made headlines in October 2020 after he was spotted kissing and holding hands with actress Lily James. Questions about his marital status were raised in the media outlets.
He is a supporter of care charity Helen's Trust. He led Team Canada/Australia for Walking With The Wounded, a fundraising event for wounded soldiers. He trekked to the South Pole against Team UK (led by Prince Harry) and Team America (led by Alexander Skarsgård).
Dominic West Height
Dominic West stands at a height of 1.83 m i.e. 6 feet tall. He has a body weight of 195.8 lbs i.e. 89 kg. He has a slim body build. He has a chest size of 42 inches, a waist size of 35 inches, and a biceps size of 16 inches. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown. His sexual orientation is straight.
Dominic West Net Worth
Dominic West earns from his career in the entertainment industry. The majority of his income comes from his acting career. He has starred in numerous films, television series, tv shows, and theater productions in his career. For his work, he has also earned numerous accolades. He promoted French coffee brandCarte Noire in 2009. It can be concluded that he has made his fortune from his acting career. His net worth is estimated at $14 million.
Trivias About Dominic West You Need To Know.
- His father owned a plastics factory.
- His mother was an actress.
- He is the first cousin once removed of American politician Thomas Eagleton.
- He had a voice role in an animated tv film, Revolting Rhymes in 2016.
- He narrated an episode of the current affairs documentary program, Panorama.
- West was offered the role of Mance Rayder in the HBO fantasy series Game of Thrones, but he turned it down.
- West was one of 200 public figures in August 2014 who were signatories to a letter to The Guardian expressing their hope that Scotland would vote to remain part of the United Kingdom in September's referendum on that issue.
- In November 2010, West was awarded an honorary degree for services to the Arts by Sheffield Hallam University.
- He was awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Sheffield.