Don Brown - Bio, Net Worth, Team Coach, Salary, Contract, Age, Facts, Wiki, Defense, Football Coach, Wife, Family, Michigan, Football, Career, News
Don Brown is an American former football player and a college football coach who currently works as the defensive coordinator at the University of Michigan. Brown also had worked as a defensive coordinator at Boston College and the University of Connecticut. Brown is regarded as one of the top defensive minds in the country who is in his fourth season as Michigan's Matthew and Nicole Lester Family Football Defensive Coordinator in 2019.
What is Don Brown famous for?
- Famous as the defensive coordinator at the University of Michigan.
Where is Don Brown from?
Don Brown was born on July 31, 1955, in Spencer, Massachusetts, United States. Brown's nationality is American. Brown belongs to White ethnicity while Leo is his zodiac sign.
Brown was raised in his hometown by his parents where he attended David Prouty High School. Brown played as running back during his days at Norwich University from where he got graduated in 1977. After 19 years, he graduated from Plymouth State University with a master's degree in 1996.
Brown was known as a bad coach.
Don Brown Career Highlights
- Brown began his college coaching career as an assistant and then as defensive coordinator at Dartmouth.
- Later then Brown joined the Mansfield University of Pennsylvania.
- In 1987, Brown joined Yale University as a defensive coordinator. He was even named as the interim head baseball coach at Yale during the 1992 season.
- In 1993, Brown joined Plymouth State University as head coach which helped Plymouth to win the Freedom Football Conference championship.
- Brown was named the "Freedom Conference Coach of the Year" all three of his seasons at Plymouth State. In 1994, he was also named the American Football Coaches Association District I Coach of the Year.
- In 1996, Brown served as a defensive coordinator at Brown University.
- In 1998, Brown moved to the University of Massachusetts Amherst(UMass), which won the Division I-AA national championship.
- He then served as a head coach at UMass for four years during which UMass posted the best five-year record in school history.
- Brown held his second head coaching job at Northeastern University in 2000.
- On January 9, 2009, the University of Maryland announced the hiring of Brown as its defensive coordinator.
- On February 4, 2011, Brown was hired as the defensive coordinator at the University of Connecticut.
- On December 21, 2015, Brown was named defensive coordinator at Michigan under head coach Jim Harbaugh.
- Don Brown is in his fourth season as Michigan's Matthew and Nicole Lester Family Football Defensive Coordinator in 2019.
- Brown has coached three players to five major Big Ten honors: two Nagurski-Woodson Defensive Players of the Year, two Butkus-Fitzgerald Linebackers of the Year and one Tatum-Woodson Defensive Back of the Year.
Is Don Brown Married?
The 64 years old football coach, Don Brown is a married man. The name of Brown's name is unknown.
How much does Don Brown make at Michigan?
Don Brown has quite a well earning through his professional career as a football coach. Brown has managed to amass a good fortune of the amount in million dollars through his skills and defensive minds. Brown enjoys his fortune which is to be around $1 million.
Besides, Brown was signed to Michigan with a five-year contract worth $1.4 million.
How Tall is Don Brown?
Don Brown is a white man with a fair complexion, white hair and brown eyes.