Don Cheadle - Bio, Net Worth, Actor, Married, Wife, Family, Personal Life, Nationality, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Career, Movies, Awards, Children
Don Cheadle is an American actor, author, director, producer and writer, who is best known for his performance as the lead role as Rwandan in the historical genocide drama film, "Hotel Rwanda"(2004) for which he even got nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actor.
Having started his professional career since 1985, Cheadle has undoubtedly managed to act in several movies including "Hamburger Hill", "Colors", "Rosewood", "Blue Dress", "Boogie Nights". He also starred as Marty Kaan on the Showtime comedy series, "House of Lies" for which he won a Golden Globe Award in 2013.
Cheadle went on to earn global recognition with his role as the superhero War Machine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as he already has appeared in the sequel of "Iron Man" and sequel of "Avengers". Besides, Cheadle is quite active in social media sites with over 724k followers on his Instagram: @doncheadle and with over 845k followers on his Twitter account: @DonCheadle.
What is Don Cheadle Famous for?
- Famous as an African-American actor winning 8 awards.
- Best known for his role as the superhero War Machine in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Where was Don Cheadle Born?
Don Cheadle was born on November 29, 1964, in Kansas City, Missouri, United States. His birth name is Donald Frank Cheadle Jr. His nationality is American. Cheadle belongs to African-American ethnicity and is of Cameroonian descent as per DNA test while Saggitarius is his zodiac sign.
Don Cheadle was born in a well-to-do family to Bettye Cheadle(mother) and Donald Frank Cheadle Sr.(father). Her father, Donald Sr. is a clinical psychologist while his mother, Bettye is a teacher. He grew up along with his siblings: a sister, Cindy, and a brother, Colin. His family moved from city to city throughout his childhood. He began attending Hartley Elementary School in Lincoln, Nebraska, from 1970 which he continued for 4 years till 1974. Later, he got graduated in 1982 from East High School in Denver, Colorado.
Cheadle always had an interest in music as during high school, he played saxophone in the jazz band, sang in the choirs, and was active in the theater department, performing in musicals, plays, and mime shows. He also spent a year living in Bracknell, UK, where he attended Ranelagh School. Later, in 1986, Cheadle got graduated earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts(BFA) in Theater from the California Institute of the Arts.
Don Cheadle Movies and TV Shows
- Don Cheadle began his professional career with his debut on the big screen in the comedy film, "Moving Violations" in 1985.
- He then made an appearance in a war movie, "Hamburger Hill" in 1987. He also played small roles in series, "Hill Street Blues", "Night Court", "Homeboy, Sweet Homeboy", "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", "The Golden Palace".
- He played the role of Rocket in the crime film, "Colors" in 1988.
- Cheadle then appeared playing the role of D.A. John Littleton in family drama series, "Picket Fences" for 3 seasons from 1993 till 1995.
- He first received widespread recognition for his portrayal of Mouse Alexander in the film, "Devil in a Blue Dress" in 1995. For his role, he won Best Supporting Actor awards from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association and the National Society of Film Critics.
- In 1996, he played the title role as Earl Manigault in HBO TV movie, "Rebound: The Legend of Earl "The Goat" Manigault".
- Cheadle also made appearances in several films and TV series including "Volcano"(1997), "Rush Hour 2"(2001), "The Rat Pack"(1998), "A Lesson Before Dying", "Things Behind the Sun"(2001).
- He has made appearances in films including "Rosewood", "The Family Man", "Boogie Nights", "Out of Sight", "Traffic", and "Ocean's Eleven".
- He soon gained popularity and appeared as well as co-produced the Oscar-winning Best Picture titled "Crash" in 2004.
- His portrayal of Paul Rusesabagina in the movie "Hotel Rwanda" earned him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor in 2005.
- In 2009, Cheadle and Boondocks creator Aaron McGruder worked on a potential comedy show on NBC. The same year, he performed in "The People Speak", a documentary feature film.
- Cheadle earned global recognition with his well-renowned role of War Machine/James Rhodes in a superhero film, "Iron Man 2" in 2010. He reprised this role in "Iron Man 3"(2013), "Avengers: Age of Ultron"(2015), "Captain America: Civil War"(2016), "Avengers: Infinity War"(2018), "Captain Marvel"(2019), and "Avengers: Endgame"(2019).
- In 2012, he began to star in the Showtime TV series, "House of Lies" which he continued for 4 years till 2016. The same year, a biographical drama film, "Miles Ahead", for which Cheadle spent ten years writing and producing the film was released.
- In 2019, Cheadle starred as Maurice Monroe in the Showtime series, "Black Monday". During the promotions of its second season, he opened up about his past experiences with police and discrimination during a virtual visit to "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" on June 25, 2020.
Don Cheadle Awards and Honors
- 2 Golden Globe Awards
- 2 Satellite Awards
- 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards
- 1 Grammy Award
In 2007, Cheadle was awarded the BET Humanitarian Award for his humanitarian work for the people of Darfur and Rwanda.
Don Cheadle Married to Bridgid Coulter
Don Cheadle is married to his long-term partner, Bridgid Coulter. Coulter is also an American actress and producer who is well known for her role in "Rosewood"(1997), "Westworld"(2016), and "Martin"(1992). The couple got married in 1992 and is blessed with 2 daughters named Ayana and Imani. Also, his family history was profiled on the PBS series, "African American Lives 2" in 2008.
Besides, in 2010, Cheadle was named U.N. Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador. He also has co-founded the "Not On Our Watch Project", an organization focusing global attention. Cheadle also has co-authored two books together entitled "Not On Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond" and "The Enough Moment: Fighting to End Africa's Worst Human Rights Crimes".
Don Cheadle Net Worth
Don Cheadle has quite great earnings from his professional career as an actor and producer. Having been in this field for over 3 decades since 1985, Cheadle has managed to amass a healthy fortune from his several hit movies and series.
With his well-renowned role as War Machine in Marvel Movies and as Maurice Monroe in series, "Black Monday", Cheadle has undoubtedly earned a worth enough for his living. His net worth is estimated to be around $35 million. Besides, Cheadle has appeared in NFL commercials promoting the Super Bowl from 2002 to 2005.
How Tall is Don Cheadle?
Don Cheadle is a handsome Black man in his 50s. With his charismatic acting and smile, Cheadle has won several hearts all around the world. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73m) while his body weighs around 74kg(160 lbs). He has a dark complexion with black blad hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Don Cheadle You Need To Know.
- Cheadle was active in the theater department, performing in musicals, plays, and mime shows during high school.
- Cheadle was named U.N. Environment Program Goodwill Ambassador in 2010.
- As per DNA test, it was confirmed that he is of Cameroonian descent.