Last updated on August 11th, 2023 at 10:23 am
Facts About Don Lemon
|Celebrated Name||Don Lemon|
|Age||57 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Don Lemon|
|Birth Name||Don Lemon|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States|
|Siblings||Leisa Lemon, Yma Lemon|
|Height||5 Feet 6 Inch|
|Weight||79 kg or 174 lbs|
|Best Known For||CNN Tonight|
|School||Baker High School|
|College / University||Brookyn College|
|University||Louisiana State University|
|Net Worth||$12 million (As of 2023)|
|Famous For||For hosting the program ‘CNN Tonight’|
|Salary||$4 million per year (CNN)|
|Links||Wikipedia Facebook Twitter Instagram|
One of the famous American journalist and author is Don Lemon. His birth name is Don Carlton Lemon. In New York City, he is the news anchor for CNN. He is also commonly known for his work on NBC and MSNBC. While he was in college, Lemon worked as a news assistant at WNYW in New York City. He is engaged to real estate agent Tim Malone, announced in April 2019.
What is Don Lemon Famous For?
- For hosting the program ‘CNN Tonight’.
CNN Host Don Lemon Announced His Engagement To Real Estate Agent Tim Malone
Don Lemon, CNN news anchor announced his engagement to real estate agent Tim Malone. The award-winning news anchor took to Instagram to announced their big day. The 53-years old shared a picture of bowtie-shaped dog tags engraved, "DADDY WILL YOU MARRY PAPA?" as well as displaying their couple rings. The tags were on their puppies, Boomer, and Barkley. Don Lemon captioned the picture, "He gave me a present on his birthday. How could I say no?".
The CNN host started dating real estate agent around mid-2017. Their affair rumor escalated after the two were seen together several times. Despite the rumors of their affairs, they kept it secret for quite a time. Don Lemon finally confirmed their relationship when he publicly kissed Tim Malone on CNN New Year's Live show on 1 January 2018.
In June 2019, to mark the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots in Greenwich Village, New York, an event widely considered a watershed moment in the modern LGBTQ rights movement, Queerty named him one of the Pride50 "trailblazing individuals who actively ensure society remains moving towards equality, acceptance and dignity for all queer people".
Don Lemon’s Early Life
Don Lemon was born on 1st March 1966 in Baton Rouge Louisiana, the U.S. As of 2018, he is 52 years old. His nationality is American and horoscope is Pisces. His father's name is Mr. Richardson and mother name is Katherine Clark. He has two sisters named as Yma and Leisa. He holds a mixed ethnicity of African-American and French.
Regarding his education, he attended Baker High School in East Baton Rouge Parish. In Brooklyn, he majored at Brooklyn College in broadcast journalism. He attended Louisiana State University. In New York City, he also worked as a news assistant in WNYW.
Don Lemon’s Body Features
Don Lemon has got very attractive body features. His tall height is 5 feet 6 inches. His eye color is brown and the hair color is black. He has a balanced and healthy body. With his glowing smile and charming face, he attracts a lot of followers towards him. His body measurement is 40-32-35 in. His shoe size is 10 (US). His other body measurement such as arms size, waist size will be updated soon.
Don Lemon ‘s Career
- In Birmingham, Alabama and WCAU in Philadelphia, he was reported as a weekend anchor for WBRC.
- For KTVI St. Louis, he was also the anchor and investigative reporter.
- He worked as the correspondent for Today and NBC Nightly News for NBC News. He also worked as the anchor on Weekend Today and MSNBC.
- He began at NBC O&O station WMAQ-TV. He was also a reporter as well as a local news co-anchor.
- In the year 2006 of September, he joined CNN.
- He has hosted CNN’s New Year’s Eve special since 2014. In 2018 January he broadcasted with “This is CNN Tonight, I’m Don Lemon. The President of the United State is racist.”
- In April 2023, Variety published a report alleging that Lemon had a history of misogynistic behavior towards his colleagues, including Soledad O'Brien, Kyra Phillips and Nancy Grace, dating back to 2008. This reportedly included questioning whether O'Brien was black, threatening Phillips, and mocking Grace.
- On April 24, 2023, Lemon was fired by CNN; his contract would have expired in 2026.
Don Lemon’s Awards and Honors
In Emmy Award, Don Lemon won the award for a special report on the real estate market in Chicago. He also received the Edward R. Murrow Award for his coverage of the D.C. area sniper. He also won a number of awards for reports on Hurricane Katrina and AIDS epidemic in Africa. He was voted as one of the 150 most influential African-Americans. He was also named in the list of worst journalism of the year.
Who is Don Lemon married too?
Don Lemon said that he was the victim of sexual abuse as a child when he was eight years old. At the age of thirty years, he revealed it to his mother. In his memoir, Transparent, he came out as gay. He discussed his sexual abuse and colorism in the black community.
Currently, he is engaged to real estate agent Tim Malone. During the celebration of New Year 2018, he kissed his boyfriend Tim, in front of his co-anchor, Brooke Baldwin on a live show, which was shared on Twitter. The couple is living happily together and there is no sign of separation between them. They are enjoying their life peacefully without any disturbance. The couple announced their engagement in April 2019.
What is Don Lemon's Annual Salary?
Don Lemon's net worth was estimated to be $3 Million U.S. dollar as of 2018. Celebrity Net Worth estimates that Don Lemon has a net worth of $10 million. He earns a salary of about $125000 per year. He is earning a cool amount of money from his career. He is satisfied with his earning.
Don Lemon's Personal Likes
Regarding his personal taste, his favorite actor is Matt Damon and his favorite actress is Alexandra Daddario. His favorite holiday destination is Miami. His favorite color is Blue. He loves listening to music and traveling a lot.
Trivias About Don Lemon You Need To Know.
- He has also anchored on Weekend Today and MSNBC.
- He suffered a controversary in the year 2015.
- He won the award for a special report on the real estate market in Chicago.
- Currently, he is dating Tim Malone.
- While he was in college, Lemon worked as a news assistant at WNYW in New York City.