Last updated on August 25th, 2023 at 08:10 am
Facts About Donna Vekic
|26 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Croatian tennis player
|5 feet 10 inches
|Stan Wawrinka (Ex-boyfriend)
|Source of Wealth
Donna Vekic is a Croatian professional tennis player who received her career-high singles ranking of World No. 22 on June 10, 2019. Vekic has won two singles titles on the WTA Tour: the 2014 Malaysian Open and the 2017 Nottingham Open. Vekic's best performance to date was in a Grand Slam singles event against German Julia Georges, reaching the quarter-finals at the 2019 US Open.
Donna Vekic Lost Her Chance to Reach the Semi-Finals of US Open 2019
Recently, on September 4, 2019, Donna Vekic got thrashed out by Switzerland's famous player, Belinda Bencic in the quarterfinal match of the ongoing US Open held at Arthur Ashe Stadium on Wednesday.
Bencic outclassed Vekic in two straight sets to enter semifinals of the tournament with 7-6 and 6-3 such that Vekic couldn't make a comeback in the second set and lost the match.
Though Vekic had won the match against German Julia Georges in a Grand slam event held on September 2, 2019, with 6-7, 7-5 and 6-3 marathon win. This match is considered to be her best performance to date.
What is Donna Vekic famous for?
- Vekic is famous as the tennis player winning two singles titles on the WTA Tour.
When and where was Donna Vekic Born?
Donna Vekic was born on June 28, 1996, in Osijek, Croatia. Her birth name is Donna Vekic. Her nationality is Croatian. Vekic belongs to White ethnicity while Cancer is her zodiac sign.
Vekic was born in a family having a sports background to Igor Vekic(father) and Brankica Vekic(mother). Her father used to play football while her mother had participated in 100m dash, 100m hurdle and 400m dash.
She was raised along with her brother named Brunco Vekic. Branco is also a football player.
Vekic had a keen interest to be a gymnast since her childhood until when she accidentally twisted her ankle during one of her practices. After then she switched to tennis and started playing tennis when she was just six.
How far Has Donna Vekic Gone in her Professional Career: Tennis Player?
- Vekic started her professional career on the WTA Tour at the 2012 Tashkent Open.
- With reaching the finals, Vekic became the youngest female player to reach a WTA final since 2005.
- Vekic started her year off by entering the main draw of the 2013 Australian Open.
- In 2013, Vekic debuted in the top 100 rankings where he reached the finals in the Birmingham Classic.
- Vekic then won her first career WTA title and one of the biggest wins in her career in the Malaysian Open against Cibulkova in 2014.
- Vekic began her 2015 year as the world No. 81 beating Louisa Chirico at Indiana Wells.
- In the year 2016, Vekic began the season with rank 103 and ended up to the rank 101.
- In 2017, Vekic reached the second round at the Australian Open and won her second WTA title in the Nottingham Open in June 2017.
- In September 2018, Vekic reached the semifinals in Tokyo defeating Sloane Stephens and Caroline Garcia ranking No. 34 at the end of the season.
- Vekic won the match against German Julia Georges in a Grand slam event held on September 2, 2019, with 6-7, 7-5 and 6-3 marathon win.
- This match is considered to be one of the best performances to date.
- On September 4, 2019, Donna Vekic got thrashed out by Switzerland's famous player, Belinda Bencic in the quarter-final match of the ongoing US Open.
Who is Donna Vekic Dating/ Married: Personal Life?
The 23 aged tennis player, Donna Vekic was in a relationship with Stan Wawrinka. Stan is a three-time Grand champion eleven years older than Donna. The couple had been together after Wawrinka got divorced from his previous wife which was six years of marriage.
However, Vekic just had a recent break-up with Stan. They haven't been in talks to the press about this yet.
It was also rumored that Vekic dated an Australian tennis player, Thanasi Kokkinakis.
Personally, Vekic is single now and she has shown her likes for sportspeople and men with good hairstyles. She also mentioned the fact that she dates the only sportsperson because only a professional athlete can understand how busy schedules they have.
How much is Donna Vekic Worth?
The beautiful tennis player, Vekic has managed to amass a lucrative amount of salary through her career. Vekic has a net worth of around $3 million. Vekic has won around $926,700 as prize money through her career to date.
How tall is Donna Vekic?
Keeping in consideration to her daily workout routines, Vekic has managed to have a well maintained slim body physique. Vekic stands tall with a height of 5 feet 10 inches. She has a body weight of 141 lbs.
Talking about her outer looks, she has a fair complexion with blonde hair and eyes.