Donny van de Beek - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Transfer, Contract, Salary, Current Team, Award, Height, Dating, Girlfriend, Family, Facts, Wiki, Nationality
Donny van de Beek is a professional footballer. He is playing for his current team, Manchester United as a Midfielder position and for Netherlands national team as well. Initially, he joined Ajax's youth academy in 2008 at the age of eleven, and later, he rose to fame after his career with the Eredivisie club Ajax, with whom he signed in the year 2015. He was named Ajax's Talent of the Future in the year 2015. He also helped Netherlands' U-17 squad earn a silver medal at the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship. He finished as the runner-up in the 2017 UEFA Europa League and Eredivisie with Ajax. He made his debut for the Netherlands under-17 team against Germany on 11th September and made his senior international debut against Romania in a friendly match on 14th November 2017. Recently, he signed a five-year contract for a reported £35 million, plus £5 million in add-ons on 2nd September 2020 with the English Premier League club Manchester United.
Manchester United signed Donny van de Beek from Ajax for £34.7 Million
Manchester United have completed the signing of the Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek, paying €39 Million (£34.7 Million) plus a possible €5m in add-ons to secure the Netherlands international on a five-year contract. He was in the Ajax team beaten by United in the 2017 Europa League final, and last year reached the semi-final of the Champions League before being knocked out by Tottenham. He has made 10 appearances for the Netherlands, making his debut in 2017, and came on as a substitute in the final of last year's Nations League. He said: "I cannot begin to explain how incredible an opportunity it is to join a club with such an amazing history. I would like to thank everyone at Ajax, I grew up there and will always have a special bond with the club, but now I am ready to take the next step in my career. I want to perform at the highest level and there is no higher standard than Manchester United".
- Being a famous Footballer from Netherland.
- Playing as a midfielder for Manchester United.
What is the Birthplace of Donny van de Beek?
On 18th April 1997, Donny van de Beek was born in Nijkerkerveen, the Netherlands. His nationality is Dutch and his ethnicity is Dutch-White. His race is White and Aries is his Zodiac sign. He was born to his parents; Andre (father) and Gerdina van de Beek (mother). His father is a supporter of Ajax and took Donny to their stadium at the age of five. He also has a sibling; a brother named Rody who plays for Veensche Boys. As of 2020, he celebrated his 23rd birthday.
For which team, Donny van de Beek is playing for?
- Donny van de Beek started his football career by playing with the local Veensche Boys' academy and after that, he joined the Ajax youth academy in August 2014.
- For the team, Ajax, he signed a three-year contract and was placed to the D-team.
- He was also part of the team which won the A1 team Supercup against the Feyenoord A1 team.
- Again, he signed a contract extension on 27th January 2015 to keep him at the club until mid-2018.
- His debut match came for the team Ajax against Sparta Rotterdam in January 2015.
- In March, he played against ADO Den Haag as an injury replacement.
- He also became successful to win the AFC Ajax Talent of the Future award at the end of the 2014-2015 season.
- Later, he was called to the senior team for a UEFA Europa League match against Scottish club Celtic in November 2015 where he made his European debut in the match.
- He termed his debut as "beautiful" and added: "I have taken my duels well. It was of course difficult because the game went back and forth continuously. But I think I did fine."
- He made his first-team debut in a 2-0 league victory against PEC Zwolle.
- He scored his very first goal for the team against Norwegian club Molde FK. Hitting the goal, his head collided with opposition player Joona Toivio's causing his left eyebrow to bleed.
- His goal won him the club's Goal of the Month award.
- Later, he was promoted to the first team on 16th February and he also began playing regularly for the Ajax under-19 team in the UEFA Youth League in the 2015-2016 season.
- He was then included in the Ajax squad for the UEFA Champions League qualification match against Greek club PAOK at the starting of the 2016-2017 season.
- He made his Champions League debut against PAOK, starting in the 1-1 draw on 26th July.
- He was included in the UEFA Europa League Team of the Week for his performance against Panathinaikos in November.
- He also replaced Schone in the 70th minute of the Europa League final against Manchester United, with Ajax losing the match 2-0.
- In October of 2017-2018 season, English club Tottenham Hotspur scouted him in the Netherlands where he made the goal in both legs of the Champions League qualifier against French club Nice.
- After that, he scored a hat-trick in an 8-0 league victory against NAC Breda on 18th November.
- In July 2018, he was offered by Italian club Roma citing that "Ajax is the right place for his development" but he declined.
- He then started playing in attacking midfielder position for Ajax in the 2018-2019 season.
- The team also won their first league title in five years and surprisingly qualified for the semi-final of the 2018-2019 UEFA Champions League as well.
- On 16th April, he scored against Juventus in the second leg of the quarter-final to help his team knock out the Italian champion with a 3-2 on aggregate.
- Additionally, he again scored against Tottenham Hotspurs in the first leg of the semi-final which resulted in a 1-0 away victory for Ajax.
- In the 2019-2020 Champions League season, he scored against Valencia in a 3-0 away win, and Chelsea in a 4-4 draw; but Ajax lost 1-0 at home to Valencia being eliminated from the group stage.
- After his long career with Ajax, he was transferred to Manchester United on 2nd September 2020 where he signed a five-year contract for a reported £35 million, plus £5 million in add-ons.
- For the team, Manchester United, he wore the shirt number of 34 as a tribute to former Ajax teammate Abdelhak Nouri.
Donny van de Beek's International Career
- Considering his international career, Donny Van made his debut for the Netherlands under-17 team against Germany on 11th September 2013.
- He was also the part of the squad that managed to reach the final of the 2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship after defeating Scotland in the semifinal.
- He made his senior international debut against Romania in a friendly match on 14th November 2017.
- Not only this but he has also appeared in both games in the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals as a substitute, as the Netherlands defeated England 3-1 but lost to Portugal in the final 0-1.
Awards and Achievements of Donny van de Beek
- Ballon d'Or 28th place: 2019
- Ajax Talent of the Future: 2014-2015
- Eredivisie: 2018-2019
- KNVB Cup: 2018-2019
- Johan Cruyff Shield: 2019
- UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2016-2017
- UEFA European Under-17 Championship runner-up: 2014
- UEFA Nations League runner-up: 2018-2019
Who is Donny van de Beek's Girlfriend?
Donny van de Beek is not a married man. He is still getting married. At present, he is not single but he is in a relationship. He is dating his beautiful girlfriend, Estelle Bergkamp who is Dennis Bergkamp's daughter. The duo started dating since their teenage. The couple is leading a happy life at present without any disturbances. He is straight by sexual orientation and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Donny van de Beek?
Donny van de Beek is a professional footballer who has made a huge amount of money from his career i.e Football career. His major source of earning is from a football career which includes contracts, bonuses, salary, and more. As of 2020, the net worth of Donny is estimated to have between 1 Million Euros to 10 Million Euros. Recently, he signed a contract with Manchester United that nets him a whopping salary of 7 Million Euros. As of today, he is living a luxurious lifestyle from his career earnings.
How tall is Donny van de Beek?
Donny van de Beek is a very charming and cool footballer with an athletic body build. He has got a tall height of 1.84 m with a balanced body weight of 74 Kg. His body build is athletic. His hair color is light blonde and his eye color is blue. He has no tattoo inked in his body.
Trivias About Donny van de Beek You Need To Know.
- He joined Ajax's youth academy in 2008 at the age of eleven.
- He was named Ajax's Talent of the Future in the year 2015.
- He finished as the runner-up in the 2017 UEFA Europa League and Eredivisie with Ajax.
- He was born to his parents; Andre (father) and Gerdina van de Beek (mother).
- He made his debut for the Netherlands under-17 team against Germany on 11th September 2013.