Donovan Mitchell - Bio, Net Worth, NBA, Coronavirus, Current Team, Jersey, Contract, Stats, Trade, Salary, Dating, Height, Parents, Age, Facts, Wiki
Donovan Vernell Mitchell Jr. professionally named Donovan Mitchell is a famous basketball player from the USA who is currently playing for the Utah Jazz of the NBA. For Louisville Cardinals, he played college basketball and later, he was selected by the Denver Nuggets with the 13th overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft. Then, he was traded to the Utah Jazz. His jersey number is 45. Overall, he is a very talented basketballer.
- Being selected by the Denver Nuggets with the 13th overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft.
- Being the player for Utah Jazz.
- Being named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team and won the 2018 Slam Dunk Contest.
Donovan Mitchell speaks out for the first time since testing positive for COVID-19
Donovan Mitchell was the second NBA player that tested positive for the coronavirus after his teammate, Rudy Gobert, became the first player to test positive. Gobert had been careless in the locker room in terms of touching other players and their belongings despite warnings about the severity of the situation. On Thursday afternoon, Mitchell took to Instagram to confirm the fact that he had tested positive for the coronavirus, and to thank those that had reached out to him since the news broke. On Saturday, Mitchell provided an update via video and told fans that he feels fine, and is spending his time in isolation playing video games. "Just want to say thank you guys so much for your continued support. It means a lot to me," the 23-year-old Mitchell said. "I feel fine. Things are going well. Just taking the proper precautions as told to me by the authorities. I was told to stay in isolation, so, solo in here, playing videogames all day. Can't wait to get back out there and play in front of the best fans in the world. Really miss playing in front of you guys and I'll see you guys soon." The league announced it has suspended the current season after Wednesday night's matchup between the Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder was postponed as a result of Gobert testing positive. The contest between the Jazz and Thunder was the first of two games that was canceled on Wednesday night, as the game between the Pelicans and Kings was also called off.
What is the birthplace of Donovan Mitchell?
On 7th September 1996, Donovan Mitchell was born in Elmsford, New York, the USA as Donovan Vernell Mitchell Jr. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is Mixed. As of 2019, he celebrated his 23rd birthday. He was born to Donovan Sr. and Nicole, his parents. He spent his childhood around Major League Baseball locker rooms. He also has a younger sister named Jordan. He played AAU basketball for both The City and the Riverside Hawks programs out of New York City. In the year 2010, Mitchell was present at the Boys and Girls Club of Greenwich when LeBron James announced to the world his decision to sign with the Miami Heat. He attended Brewster Academy High School and later he went to Louisville College.
For Which Team Donovan Mitchell is Playing For?
- His high school career ended after his injury dashing for a pop-up in the infield where he collided with a catcher, who suffered a broken jaw while he received a broken wrist as a result.
- In his college career, he opted to wear number 45 on his jersey in appreciation for Michael Jordan.
- As a freshman at the University of Louisville, Mitchell started in no more than five games and averaged 7.4 points, 1.7 assists, and 3.4 rebounds for the season.
- He averaged 15.6 points, 2.7 assists, and 4.9 rebounds per game while shooting 46.3 percent from the floor as well as 35.4 from behind the arc and 80.6 percent from the free-throw line in his sophomore season.
- He was named to the First Team All-Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Though he did not immediately hire an agent, he then declared for the 2017 NBA draft on the heels of his sophomore campaign
- He was drafted by the Denver Nuggets with the 13th overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft only to be traded to the Utah Jazz for the 24th pick (Tyler Lydon) and Trey Lyles.
- He signed a four-year rookie scale contract with the Jazz on 5th July 2017.
- Moreover, he signed a multi-year shoe deal with Adidas on 11th July 2017.
- He then scored 37 points against the Memphis Grizzlies in the 2017 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, the most by any player during the 2017 NBA Summer League.
- In his NBA debut on 18th October 2017, he registered 10 points and 4 assists against the Denver Nuggets.
- He surpassed Darrell Griffith's team-record 38 in 1981.
- He was named the Western Conference Rookie of the Month for December 2017 after averaging 23.1 points, 3.4 assists, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.8 steals in 34.3 minutes per game during the month of December on 4th January 2018.
- He was named by the NBA as an injury replacement for Orlando Magic forward Aaron Gordon (strained left hip flexor) for the 2018 NBA Slam Dunk Contest on 5th Feb 2018.
- He won the contest scoring a 48 and 50 in the first round, then a 50 and 48 in the final round being the first rookie to win the contest since Zach LaVine.
- On 1st March 2018, he was named as the Western Conference Rookie of the month for the third time that season for games played in February.
- On 22nd May 2018, he was named to the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- Donovan opened the 2019-2020 season with a 32-point, 12-assist performance in a 105-95 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder on 23rd October 2019.
- On 23rd November, he surpassed that season-high with 37 points in a 128-120 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans.
- He recorded 30 points, seven rebounds and nine assists in a 120-107 win over the Clippers on 28th December.
- On 16th January 2020, he tied his career-high 46 points in a 138-132 overtime loss to the Pelicans.
- On 30th January, he was named an All-Star for the first time in his career, being selected as a Western Conference reserve.
- On 12th March, he tested positive for COVID-19, making him the second NBA player to contract the disease, after teammate Rudy Gobert.
- On 14th March 2020, he stated that he is “doing fine” and that he is recovering from the coronavirus.
How much is Donovan Mitchell's Net Worth?
The net worth of Donovan Mitchell's is estimated to have $5 Million as of 2020 whereas his net worth is estimated to have $2.5 Million as of 2018. For the 2019-2020 season, he will earn $3.6 Million. He reportedly signed a two-year contract worth $5,732,760 with Utah Jazz in 2018. In 2018-19 Donovan had $3,111,480 cap hit. was the 11th best-paid player of Utah Jazz in 2019 and 10th best-paid player of 2018. His source of earning is from his basketball career.
Who is Donovan Mitchell Dating?
Donovan Mitchell is not a married person. Previously, he was in a relationship with Deja Lighty. More information about their affairs has not been revealed yet. The duo quit their relationship in 2019. After their separation, he was seen with another girl. Information about his new girlfriend will be added soon once we get information about it. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Donovan Mitchell?
Donovan Mitchell is a very handsome basketball player with a charming personality. He stands at a tall height of 1.85 m or six feet one inch. His balanced weight consists of 98 Kg or 215 lb. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet but it will be added once we get information about it. His body build is athletic. On 12th March 2020, he tested positive for COVID-19, making him the second NBA player to contract the disease, after teammate Rudy Gobert.
Trivias About Donovan Mitchell You Need To Know.
- He has a sister named Jordan.
- He became teammates with French center Rudy Gobert upon joining the Jazz.
- He won the 2018 NBA Dunk Contest.
- He played baseball for two years in high school.