Duke Ragan - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Married, Wife, Parents, Family, Nationality, Age, Height, Weight, Wiki, Facts, Medals, Rankings, Education, Kids
Duke Ragan is an American professional boxer. Ragan is best known for winning a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the featherweight division. He is the first American to win a medal for the US team in boxing. As an amateur, he won a silver medal in bantamweight in the 2017 World Championships and the 2019 Pan American Games. He turned professional in August 2020. As of 2021, he has recorded a 4-0 boxing record. His first professional win was via TKO against Luis Alvarado in August 2020.
What is Duke Ragan Famous For?
- Won the silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the featherweight division.
Where is Duke Ragan From?
Duke Ragan was born on 18 September 1997. His birth place is in Cincinnati, Ohio in the United States. He holds an American nationality. His hometown is Cincinnati, Ohio. He belongs to the African-American ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was born to his father is Derek Ragan and his mother, Marry Walker. He has an older brother named Louis Walker. Information about his education, high school, and college is not available at present.
Duke Ragan Career
- Duke Ragan started boxing at an early age. His father introduced him to boxing.
- He trained at the Cincinnati Golden Gloves boxing club in the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood of his hometown, Ragan.
- As an amateur, he won silver medals in the bantamweight division at the 2017 World Championships.
- He won another silver medal, as an amateur, in the bantamweight division at the 2019 Pan American Games.
- He turned professional in July 2020.
- James Price became his manager.
- He signed a multi-year promotional contract with Top Rank in August 2020.
- He made his professional debut against Luis Alvarado at the MGM Grand Conference Center on 22 August 2020.
- He defeated Alvarado via first-round TKO.
- He then defeated John Moraga in October 2020, Sebastian Gutierrez in November 2020, and Charles Clark in April 2021. All three victories came via decision.
- Less than a year after he turned professional, he qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the featherweight division.
- He defeated Samuel Kistohurry and Serik Temirzhanov to reach the final in the featherweight division in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- In the final, he faced Russian boxer Albert Batyrgaziev.
- He lost his gold medal bout 3:2 against Batyrgaziev.
Who is Duke Ragan Girlfriend?
Duke Ragan is not married. Not many details about his personal life are available at present. However, he has a daughter named, Kynnedi. His daughter was born in 2017. Any information about his personal life, dating, and relationships will be updated soon.
How Tall is Duke Ragan?
Duke Ragan stands at a height of 1.65 m i.e. 5 feet and 5 inches tall. He has a body weight of 125 lbs i.e. 57 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Duke Ragan Net Worth and Salary?
Duke Ragan is an American professional boxer who won a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. He is currently signed to Bob Arum's Top Rank. He has a multi-year promotional contract with Top Rank. His income comes from contracts, salaries, prize money, and sponsorships. At present, his net worth is estimated below $1 million at present. However, the promising boxer will surely make a good fortune out of his professional boxing career in the near future.
Trivias About Duke Ragan You Need To Know.
- He is a member of the Cincinnati Golden Gloves.
- He is the first professional boxer to win a medal for the US team.
- He is only the second silver medalist for the American men's team since 2004, joining Shakur Stevenson.
- He previously boxed in the featherweight division.
- His other favorite sport is table tennis.
- He is a dog lover and has two.