Facts About Eamonn Holmes
|Celebrated Name||Eamonn Holmes|
|Age||63 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Eamonn Holmes|
|Profession||Radio Host , Broadcaster , Journalist|
|Place Of Birth||Belfast, Northern Ireland|
|Education||Holy Family Primary School|
|Spouse||Gabrielle Holmes (M. 1985; Div. 2005) and Ruth Langsford (M. 2010 - Present)|
|Height||5 feet 11½ inches|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Brothers||Conor Holmes, Colm Holmes, Brain Holmes, and Leonard Holmes|
|College / University||St Malachy's College and Dublin College of Business Studies|
|University||Queen's University Belfast and University of Staffordshire|
|Total Number of Awards||07|
|First Award||TRIC Awards (2008)|
|Total Featured Movies||03|
|Links||Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Eamonn Holmes OBE is an Irish journalist and broadcaster who began his media career in the 1990s. During his career, he hosted many shows and has been honored with several awards as well. Besides TV shows, he played several films as well as hosted several radio shows. Also, he released his autobiography in 2006. As of now, he has more than 643K followers on his Instagram, 1M followers on his Twitter, and 161.1K followers on his Facebook account. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Eamonn Holmes famous for?
- A Northern Irish journalist and broadcaster.
Where is Eamonn Holmes from?
Going back to his early life, Eamonn was born under the birth sign of Sagittarius to his parents, Leonard Holmes and Josephine Holmes in the year 1959. Also, he has four siblings named Conor Holmes, Colm Holmes, Brain Holmes, and Leonard Holmes to whom they are growing up in Belfast, Northern Ireland. His nationality is Irish and ethnicity White. Further, he follows Catholicism.
For education, He attended the Holy Family Primary School and St Malachy's College, Belfast. He then studied journalism at the Dublin College of Business Studies. Later, he enrolled at Queen's University Belfast where he was awarded an honorary degree. He has also received an honorary degree from the University of Staffordshire.
What does Eamonn Holmes do?
- Talking about his career journey, Eamonn started working for a Dublin-based business magazine during his early career days.
- Later, he worked as a host and reporter for the station's Farming Ulster program after joining Ulster Television in 1979.
- In 1982, He moved to Ulster Television's flagship Good Evening Ulster program as an anchor.
- He also hosted other Ulster Television productions, including Miss Northern Ireland gala specials in 1985 and 1986.
- With Ulster Television, he won a Hometown Radio Award.
- In 1986, He departed to join BBC where he worked as a presenter on the daytime Open Air program which was broadcast nationally on BBC1.
- In 1993, He started working at GMTV, where he is hosting the first show with Anne Davies. He had a falling-out with his subsequent co-host Anthea Turner.
- He was also the presenter of ITV's coverage of the Phil Taylor vs. Raymond van Barneveld showdown at the Wembley Conference Centre in 1999.
- He presented the BBC National Lottery game show Jet Set between 2001 and 2007.
- From 2003, He presented The Eamonn Holmes Show on Radio 5 Live on Saturday mornings between 9 and 11 am for 6 years, last airing on 30th May 2009 as Holmes' contract with the BBC was not renewed
- In 2005, He hosted his program on London radio station Magic 105.4.
- The same year, he left GMTV, stating the show had run out of real news and became celebrity-obsessed shortly before his departure.
- After that, He joined Sky News six months later to present the new-look Sunrise program.
- He initially hosted the show with Lorna Dunkley between October 2005 and January 2007, then with Charlotte Hawkins from 2007 to 2014.
- In 2008, He took over Michael Parkinson's Sunday morning show on Radio 2.
- In 2016, He announced his departure from the program after eleven years. Also, He presented Channel 5 panel show It's Not Me, It's You.
- The same year, He presented his radio show on Talkradio. The show was called Let's Talk With Eamonn Holmes and was broadcast on Saturdays from 6 am to 8 am and Sundays from 11 am to 1 pm.
- He has guest presented numerous episodes of Good Morning Britain since April 2017.
- In 2018, He co-presented Do the Right Thing with Ruth Langsford on Channel 5. The same year, he has presented the weekday show on Talkradio.
- Besides these, He appeared several TV shows like SUDO-Q (2005-07), Sunrise (2005-16), Songs of Praise (2009-14), Big Brother's Bit on the Side (2014-18), Love Island: The Reunion (2018), Celebrity Gogglebox (2019) and many others.
- Also, he appeared in several films like Robots (2005), Mrs. Brown's Boys D'Movie (2014), and Wonder Park (2019).
- Apart from these, he writes a column for The People newspaper. He also released his autobiography, "This is MY Life" in May 2006.
What are the achievements of Eamonn Holmes?
Eamonn Holmes has honored several awards during his career which are listed below:
- TRIC Awards - Satellite/Digital TV Personality (2008-11)
- TRIC Awards - News Presenter/Reporter (2013)
- Legends of Industry Award - Services to Broadcasting and Journalism (2013)
- TRIC Awards - News Presenter (2018)
What are the controversies of Eamonn Holmes?
- Eamonn Holmes was faced many controversies during his career. Once he was accused of being opposed to LGBT parenting when he told two gay interviewees in a 2000 GMTV episode that "You are not meant to have children. You are going against nature!"
- In 2011, He elaborates singer Jonathan Wilkes as "retarded" on the air in the show, This Morning. He later apologized after complaints and calls for him to be sacked. He said: "I have to say sorry to three or four of you who are upset because I used the word retarded. You seem to have taken it personally or think I am being insulted. I would never want to do that. There is this man who has an autistic child and said I insulted his child. I would never use it in that context. Sorry if that caused you offense."
- In 2020, He appeared to perpetuate the conspiracy theory that the building of 5G masts had led to the coronavirus pandemic. In a feature on This Morning surrounding "Fake News" related to the virus he stated that he "didn't accept mainstream media immediately slapping it down." Later, he read a statement that stated "there is no connection between the present national health emergency and 5G, and to suggest otherwise would be wrong and indeed it could be dangerous."
Who is Eamonn Holmes Married to?
Eamonn Holmes has been married twice to date. Firstly, he was married to Gabrielle Holmes in 1985. Together, the couple welcomed three children named Declan, Rebecca, and Nail Holmes. However, They separated in 1995, due to his father's death and journalism career taking a toll on their marriage.
After that, He started a romantic relationship with Ruth Langsford in 1997, but the couple kept their relationship secret out of respect for Gabrielle and their children. Later, the lovebirds welcomed their first child in 2002. After divorce with Gabrielle in 2005, He married Ruth Langsford at Elevetham Hall, near Hartley Wintney, Hampshire on 26th June 2010.
The couple adopted a dog, Maggie from the charity in 2011. The couple supports the Dementia Friends campaign, which is an Alzheimer's Society initiative. Further, He became a celebrity ambassador for the children's charity, Variety GB.
What is Eamonn Holmes Salary?
Eamonn Holmes has earned the sum of a good amount of money from his profession as a journalist and broadcaster. as per the online sites, he has reported $5 million net worth as of 2020. He also adds up her fortune through his appearances in several films and radio hosts.
What is Eamonn Holmes's height?
Eamonn Holmes has a height of 5 feet 11½ inches. He has a pair of hazel eyes and salt and pepper hair color. Further, his sexual orientation is straight.
Trivias About Eamonn Holmes You Need To Know.
- He was on an episode of All Star Family Fortunes.
- In March 2002, his then girlfriend Ruth Langsford gave birth to a baby boy named Jack Alex.
- He is an avid John Wayne fan and has appeared on several documentaries stating his case.
- Was a contestant on Ant and Dec's Gameshow Marathon, a part of ITV's 50th birthday celebrations.