Last updated on August 17th, 2023 at 02:17 am
Facts About Earl Sweatshirt
|Celebrated Name||Earl Sweatshirt|
|Age||29 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Earl Sweatshirt|
|Birth Name||Earl Sweatshirt|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||12 (US)|
|Current City||Hollywood, California|
|Best Known For||his debut mixtape, Earl and his debut studio album, Doris. Both earned critical acclaims.|
|Place Of Birth||Chicago, Illinois|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|School||UCLA Lab School|
|High School||New Roads High School and Middle School in Santa Monica|
Thebe Neruda Kgositsile, popular by his stage name Earl Sweatshirt is an American rapper and record producer. He is also the member of hip-hop group, Odd Future, along with Tyler the Creator. He is also known by the name Sly Tendencies, Randomblackdude, DJ Earl Fletcher, and Dar Qness. He is often called a "hip-hop prodigy". He earned recognition and received critical praise following the success of his debut mixtape, Earl, released in March 2010. At the time, he was just 16 years old. In 2011, he was branded as the most exciting emerging rapper. Recently, he has released his third studio album, Some Rap Songs., themed around his father's death.
Gossips and Rumors
As preannounced, Earl Sweatshirt has released his third studio album titled, Some Rap Songs on 30 November 2018. He stated that this album is based on the theme around his father's death. The album contains 15 tracks including "The Mint", "Red Water", "December 24", and "Playing Possum". He has released his third studio album almost after three years. His last album, "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside" was released in March 2015.
Best Known For
- He is often called a "hip-hop prodigy" and was branded as the most exciting emerging rapper.
- His debut mixtape, Earl and his debut studio album, Doris. Both earned critical acclaims.
Early Life of Earl Sweatshirt
The real name of Earl Sweatshirt is Thebe Neruda Kgositsile. He was born on 24 February 1994 in Chicago, Illinois in the United States. He was born to Keorapetse Kgositsile and Cheryl Harris. His father was a South African poet and political activist, whereas his mother was a law professor at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has a brother named Randy Mafalanka. His father died at the age of 79 due to illness on 3 January 2018 in South Africa. He holds American nationality and belongs to black ethnicity. His birth sign is Pisces.
He attended the UCLA Lab School in Los Angeles. Then, he attended New Roads High School and Middle School in Santa Monica. He started rapping at a very young age.
Career of Earl Sweatshirt
- Earl started creating and releasing music via his 'MySpace'. Back then, he used a name, Sly Tendencies and formed a group, The Backpackerz with his friends, Loofy and Jw Mijo. The band disbanded soon after in 2009.
- Tyler the Creator discovered Earl in 2009, recruited him in the hip-hop collective 'Odd Future'. It is when he changed his name to Earl Sweatshirt after joining the group.
- In 2010, at the age of 16, Earl released his first official mixtape, Earl, which earned him recognition and was critically praised.
- Despite gaining a positive response, his mother did not granted him further to produce music with Odd Future.
- His mother sent him to a therapeutic retreat school, Coral Reef Academy in Samoa to overcome his wrong habits.
- He returned to the United States in 2012 and released a preview of his new song. He confirmed his return via his Twitter account.
- Odd Future released their debut album, The OF Tape Vol. 2, where Earl appeared on the song "Oldie".
- Earl created his own record label imprint, Tan Cressida in April 2012.
- After returning from Samoa, Earl released his first solo single, "Chum" in November 2012.
- His debut album Doris, previously titled Gnossos, was released in August 2013. The album received critical acclaims and debuted at number five on the US Billboard 200 as well. It also debuted at number one on US Top Rap Albums chart.
- Earl released his second studio album, "I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside" in March 2015.
- Earl released a ten-minute track titled "Solace" via YouTube in April 2015, which earned him more attention.
- He announced via his Twitter that he left Odd Future.
- Vince Staples single titled, "New earlsweatshirt-Interlude" from his album FM!, featured Earl. Vince and Earl are frequent collaborators and Vince notified others that Earl will soon be back with his new album.
- Recently, on 30 November 2018, Earl released his third studio album titled Some Rap Songs, which he stated is themed around his father's death.
- He has collaborated with several artists. Some of them are Casey Veggies, Frank Ocean, Domo Genesis, The Alchemist, Flying Lotus, MellowHype, Vince Staples, Mac Miller, and RZA.
Personal Life of Earl Sweatshirt
Earl previously dated model Mallory Llewellyn in 2013. Their relationship ended because of Earl's drug problems. He then dated another model Kinda Salty in 2014. This relationship did not work out either after Kinda suspected him cheating on her.
He currently lives in Hollywood, California. He briefly lived in Samoa, as his mother send him to reform boarding school to deal with his drug habits. He successfully overcame his drug problems but relapsed having returned to the United States.
He is active on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and iTunes.
Body Measurements of Earl Sweatshirt
Earl Sweatshirt stands 1.8m i.e. 5r feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 154 lbs i.e. 70 kg. He has black colored hair and his eye color is dark brown. His distinctive features are his big lips. He wears a shoe of size 12 (US).
Net Worth of Earl Sweatshirt
The American rapper and record producer has an estimated net worth of $4 million, as of 2018. He earned his fortune via his exceptional talent in hip-hop music. Most of his wealth comes from his rap career. He has a successful career ahead of him which will eventually increase his net worth in the future.
Trivias About Earl Sweatshirt You Need To Know.
- His debut mixtape, Earl contains the song about the references to rape and murder.
- Samiyam's song "Mirror" featuring Earl was originally meant for Earl second studio album, I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside.
- Earl's music is influenced by other artists such as Eminem, Jay-Z, James Pants and Madvillain.