Ed helms - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Height, Family, Kids, Facts
Ed Helms is an American actor, comedian, singer, writer, and producer. He is best known for his role as Andy Bernard in the NBC sitcom, The Office from 2006 to 2013 and Stuart Price in The Hangover trilogy film series. He rose to prominence after he started working as a correspondent on Comedy Central's The Daily Show. He has starred in as well as provided voiceover in numerous movies and tv shows.
What is Ed Helms Famous For?
- His role as Andy Bernard in the NBC sitcom, The Office from 2006 to 2013.
- His role as Stuart Price in The Hangover trilogy film series.
Who are Ed Helms' parents?
Ed Helms was born on 24 January 1974. His birth name is Edward Parker Helms. His birth place is in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States. He holds American nationality. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was born to his father, John Helms, and his mother, Pamela Parker. He has two siblings, John Paxton (brother), and Susan Carol (sister). His zodiac sign is Aquarius.
Regarding his educational background, he attended Interlochen Center for the Arts as a youth. He later graduated from The Westminister Schools. He attended Oberlin College as a geology major. He switched his subject and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in film theory and technology in 1996. He also spent a semester as an exchange student at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts.
Ed Helms Career
- Ed Helms started his comedy and acting career right after graduating from Oberlin.
- He was a writer and performer with New York City sketch comedy bands.
- He also studied improvisation with the Upright Citizens Brigade troupe.
- He concurrently worked as a trainee film editor at Crew Cuts, a post-production facility in New York City.
- He soon landed several voiceover works.
- He then landed a job as a correspondent on Comedy Central's The Daily Show and hosted various segments of the show.
- He left the show in 2006. He has occasionally returned to The Daily Show for brief appearances.
- The same year, he landed his first major acting role on television on the NBC sitcom, The Office. He landed the role of paper salesman, Andy Bernard.
- He initially starred in a recurring role and became a series regular from the season.
- He later became one of the producers of The Office.
- He has starred in several other tv series, including Cheap Seats, Arrested Development, Childrens Hospital, and The Mindy Project among others.
- He is the co-creator, writer, and executive producer of the 2021 sitcom, Rutherford Falls.
- He has guest voiceover roles in series, Sunday Pants, Samurai Love God, American Dad!, Family Guy, BoJack Horseman, and Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock among others.
- He hosted SNL in 2011.
- He co-wrote, produced, and starred in the Yahoo! Screen web series Tiny Commando in 2013.
- Helms made his film debut as Bunker McLaughlin in the 2004 film, Blackballed; The Bobby Dukes Story.
- He is best known for his role as Stuart Price in The Hangover trilogy film series.
- The first series of The Hangover was released in 2009.
- He later went on to reprise his role in The Hangover Part II and The Hangover Part III.
- He had appeared in several other films including I'll Believe You, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, Lower Learning, The Smell of Success, Night at the Museum, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, Cedar Rapids, We're the Millers, Someone Marry Barry, Stretch, Vacation, National Lampoon's Vacation, Love the Coopers, The Clapper, Father Figures, Tag, Chappaquiddick, Coffee & Kareem, and Together Together among others.
- He has voiceover works in films, Everyone's Hero (2006), Monsters vs. Aliens (2009), The Lorax (2012), Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017), Mune: Guardian of the Moon (2017), Penguins (2019), and Ron's Gone Wrong (2021).
- Helms is also a singer and musician.
- He is in a bluegrass band, The Lonesome Trio with members Ian Riggs, and Jacob Tilove.
- The band was formed when they were at Oberlin College.
- They get together to play a few shows every year.
- A self-confessed "bluegrass nerd", he founded the annual LA Bluegrass Situation festival.
- He and Amy Reitnouer co-founded a music blog, The Bluegrass Situation.
- It summarizes its mission as "Creating and covering content across every level of the international scene, ranging from timeless traditional bluegrass, blues, and old-time to contemporary singer/songwriter, Americana, folk, and everything rootsy beyond and in between."
- The Bluegrass Situation debuted a weekly music and comedy program, The Whiskey Sour Happy Hour in April 2020. The show was created to benefit the MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund and Direct Relief.
Who is Ed Helms' Wife?
Ed Helms is a married man. He has one daughter. He maintains a very private life regarding his personal life. Thus, there is not many details about his wife and kids. He was once rumored to be dating actress Demi Moore.
He has a residence in Los Angeles, California.
What is Ed Helms Height?
Ed Helms stands at the height of 1.82 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of 163 lbs i.e. 74 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Ed Helms' Net Worth?
Ed Helms is a complete entertainment package. He started his career in sketch comedy and later went on to star in numerous movies and tv shows, mostly in comic roles. He is also a voiceover actor who has provided the voice in numerous films and tv series. He has also done commercial voiceover work in campaigns for Burger King, Doritos, Hotels.com, Sharp Aquos, and Advair asthma medication. He launched his own production company, Pacific Electric Picture Company in 2013. The company has a two-year developmental deal with Universal Television.
Summing up, Helms makes his fortune from his career in the entertainment industry. At present, his net worth is estimated at $25 million.
Trivias About Ed helms You Need To Know.
- He is of English, Irish, German, Dutch, and French descent.
- He had nine hours long open-heart surgery at age 13 to correct a severe congenital heart defect.
- He plays guitar, banjo, piano, and sitar.
- He was the celebrity guest on the August 3, 2015 survival skills reality show Running Wild with Bear Grylls.
- He has appeared in music videos, "Hopeless Wanderer", "Clouds", "The Wolf", "Don't Wanna Know", and "Wanna Do Day".
- He is the recipient of an honorary Doctor of Fine Arts from Knox College.
- In 2014, he gave the convocation speech at Cornell University, the alma mater of Andy Bernard, the character he portrayed for seven seasons on The Office.
- He gave the commencement speech at the University of Virginia in 2015.
- He is a board member at RepresentUs, a non-profit organization seeking to pass anti-corruption laws in the United States.