Facts About Eddie Mekka
|Celebrated Name||Eddie Mekka|
|Age||71 Years Old|
|Birth Name||Rudolph Edward Mekjian|
Eddie Mekka was an American actor who was well-recognized for his role as Carmine Ragusa on the hit television sitcom "Laverne & Shirley" (1976-1983). Besides this, he had appeared in "24", "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "The Bold and the Beautiful", "Catch Me If You Can", "The Young and the Restless", "A League of Their Own", "Hail Mary!", "Silver Twins", "Heaven Help Us", "C Me Dance" and more. Apart from being an actor, he was also a dancer and a teacher. Sadly, he died on 27th November 2021. His death cause is still to get disclosed yet.
Eddie Mekka, 'Laverne & Shirley" actor, dies at 69
Eddie Mekka who appeared as Carmine "The Big Ragoo" Ragusa, on the hit series "Laverne & Shirley," dies on 27th November 2021 at his home in Newhall, California at the age of 69. His death cause is still to get disclosed yet. Cindy Williams, who played Shirley, tweeted, "My darling Eddie, A world-class talent who could do it all. I love you dearly. I'll miss you so much. But oh the marvelous memories."
Eddie Mekka Cause of Death
Eddie Mekka passed away on 27th November 2021. He dies at 69 in Newhall, California, the USA at his home. His death cause has not been revealed yet.
What is Eddie Mekka Famous For?
- Being an American Actor.
- For his appearance in the television sitcom "Laverne and Shirley".
Who are the Parents of Eddie Mekka? His Real Name, Ethnicity, and Education
Eddie Mekka was born with the birth name of Rudolph Edward Mekjian on 14th June 1952. His birthplace was in Worcester, Massachusetts, the USA. He was the son of an Italian mother, Mariam, and an Armenian father, Vaughn Mekjian. His mother was a presser and his father was a World War II veteran. He had not shared anything about his sibling's details with the media. He held American nationality whereas he was from a mixed ethnic background (Armenian-Italian). He lastly celebrated his 69th birthday. His Zodiac sign was Gemini and he followed the Christianity religion.
About his education, Eddie Mekka graduated from Burncoat High School and then he attended the Berklee College of Music.
Eddie Mekka Career Timeline and Life Story
- Eddie Mekka taught young people how to sing in the early 1970s.
- Performing on Broadway in The Lieutenant, he was nominated for a Tony Award.
- After moving to Los Angeles, he landed the role of Carmine 'The Big Ragoo' Ragusa for "Laverne & Shirley" in the year 1976 until 1983.
- Marking his career, he has starred roughly in 50 TV shows and movies.
- His recent television work included "24", "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody", "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "The Bold and the Beautiful", and Detective Murdoch in the Fox television movie "Catch Me If You Can".
- In addition, he also had a small role in the 1992 film "A League of Their Own".
- Similarly, he had also made stage performance in "Hairspray" at the Luxor in Las Vegas, Nevada, and in a national tour of "Grease" with Cindy Williams.
- On 15th July 2008, he starred in Steve Solomon's long-running comedy "My Mother's Italian, My Father's Jewish & I'm In Therapy!" at the Westside Theatre.
- In November 2008, he reunited with his "Laverne & Shirley" co-star Cindy Williams in a comedy play "It Had to Be You".
- He wrapped production in the independent film "Code Enforcer" in 2008 and also he starred in "Happy Days".
- He starred as Tevye in "Fiddler on the Roof" at the John W. Engeman Theater in Northport, New York, from April 29 until June 20.
Eddie Mekka Married Life: Who was he married to?
Eddie Mekka was a married man as per his marital status. He tied a knot to his first wife, DeLee Lively in 1983. By profession, DeLee Lively is an actress. After ten years of their married life, they split. Then, he married his second wife, Yvonne Marie Grace in the year 1994. The duo is blessed with a daughter, Mia. Before Eddie's demise, the duo was enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay.
How much was Eddie Mekka Net Worth?
Eddie Mekka was a renowned actor, dancer as well as a teacher. As of 2021, Eddie Mekka's had a net worth of $500K at the time of his death. He made most of this fortune from the TV industry. Throughout his career, he was a part of "Happy Days", "Fidler on the Roof", "The Suite Life of Zack and Cody". He was making a salary of $100K annually. As per the report, he used to earn about $20K every month at the time of his demise. His main source of wealth was from his acting career. Prior to his death, he was living at a luxurious house with his spouse and kids.
How tall was Eddie Mekka?
Eddie Mekka was a handsome actor who had an average body type with a height of 1.8 m matching with his bodyweight of 80 Kg. Further details about his body measurements and more are still to get disclosed yet. He had salt and pepper hair with a pair of black eyes. He had a wide charming smile.
Trivias About Eddie Mekka You Need To Know.
- Eddie was an instructor at the the Worcester County Light Opera in Massachusetts, and performed on Broadway in The Lieutenant.
- He had guest appeared on the TV series; Family Matters, The Jamie Foxx Show, and Fantasy Island.
- Gemini was his Zodiac sign.
- His birth name was Rudolph Edward Mekjian.
- He was known for his role as Carmine Ragusa in the TV sitcom "Laverne & Shirley".