Eden Hazard - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Wife, Children, Age, Facts, Wiki
Eden Michael Hazard professionally known as Eden Hazard is a Belgian professional football player. He currently plays for La Liga club Real Madrid and the Belgium national team. His playing position is a winger or an attacking midfielder.
Eden Hazard started his youth career at the local club Royal Stade Brainois and had played for other clubs including Tubize and Lille before moving to Chelsea. He has won two Premier League, UEFA Europa League, one FA Cup, and the Football League Cup titles with Chelsea. On 1 July 2019, he signed for Spanish club Real Madrid for a transfer worth up to €150 million, making it one of the highest transfer fees ever however continuous injuries resulted in him playing a limited amount of games and declining in performance. With Real Madrid, he won two La Liga, one Supercopa de Espana, UEFA Champions League, and the UEFA Super Cup.
Eden Hazard Famous For
- Being a Belgian professional football player.
- For playing as a winger or an attacking midfielder for La Liga club Real Madrid.
Early Life of Eden Hazard
Eden Hazard was born on 7 January 1991. His birth name is Eden Michael Hazard. His birthplace is La Louviere, Belgium. His father's name is Thierry Hazard who was a midfielder and his mother's name is Carine Hazard who was a striker in Belgium's women’s first division. His nationality is Belgium. His astrological sign is Capricorn. He is from the Belgian ethnic group. Eden also has three brothers named Thorgan Hazard, Kylian Hazard, and Ethan Hazard. All of his brothers are also football players.
Eden Hazard Football Career (Club Career)
Eden Hazard played for the youth team of Royal Stade Brainois and Tubize.
- In 2005, Eden Hazard joined Lille. Initially, he played for their youth system. He was promoted to the club’s reserve team at the start of the 2007-2008 season. he made his debut on 1 September 2007. In the 2008-2009 season, he was promoted to the senior team permanently. He goal his first career goal. In the 2009-2010 season, he made a positive note in the first competitive match of the season. he was given the UNFP Player of the Month. He was nominated for the UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year award. In the 2010-2011 season, he featured in six league matches and UEFA Europa League. He was also named as UNFP Player of the Year becoming the youngest player. He was also rewarded with a place in the organization's Team of the Year for a second consecutive season. In the 2011-2012 season, he made his UEFA Champions League debut. He also recorded his first professional hat-trick. He won Ligue 1 and Coupe de France at Lille.
- On 4 June 2012, Eden Hazard was officially signed by Chelsea. On 18 July, he made his Chelsea debut. In the 2012-2013 season, he made his competitive debut for Chelsea and Champion’s League debut. He was in the 2013 UEFA Europa League but later he was ruled out due to injury. In the 2013-1014 season, he was in the 2013 UEFA Super Cup. He was named as one of the PFA Young Player of the Year. He was also voted as Chelsea’s Player of the Year. In the 2014-2015 season, he became the only player who has taken more than 15 penalties. He was also voted as Chelsea’s Player of the Year. In the 2015-2016 season, he was in the Champions League group stage match. In the 2016-2017 season, he opened the Premier League Match. He was named as Premier League Player of the Month for October. In the 2017-2018 season, he entered the 2018 FA Cup Final.
- With Chelsea, Eden Hazard has successfully won two Premier Leagues in 2014-15 and 2016-17, an FA Cup in 2017-18, a Football League Cup in 2014-15, and the UEFA Europa League in 2012-13 and 2018-19. Additionally, he has acquired several individual awards at Chelsea. Some of them are Premier League Player of the 2014-15 season, 2013-14 PFA Young Player of the Year, 2013-14, 2014-15, and 2016-17 Chelsea Player of the Year, and FWA Footballer of the Year.
- At Chelsea, he made 352 appearances for the club, scoring 110 goals and providing 92 assists in all the competitions.
- On 1 July 2019, Eden Hazard signed for Spanish club Real Madrid for a transfer worth up to €150 million, making it one of the highest transfer fees ever however continuous injuries resulted in him playing a limited amount of games and declining in performance. With Real Madrid, he won two La Liga, one Supercopa de Espana, UEFA Champions League, and the UEFA Super Cup.
- Eden Hazard has represented Belgium at various age levels.
- Eden Hazard has represented Belgium at U15, U16, U17, U19, and the senior level.
- Eden Hazard made his senior international team debut for Belgium on 19 November 2008 in a 1-1 friendly draw against Luxembourg. On his debut, he became the eighth youngest international player in Belgian football history, at 17 years and 316 days.
- On 7 October 2011, nearly three years after his debut, Eden Hazard scored his first international goal for Belgium in a 4-1 win against Kazakhstan in the European qualifier.
- Eden Hazard was a member of the Belgian squad which reached the quarter-finals of the 2014 FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016, and UEFA Euro 2020.
- At the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Eden Hazard captained Belgium to third place which was their best finish in history, receiving the Silver Ball as the second-best player of the tournament.
- Since 2015, Eden Hazard has been the captain of the team which coincided with the time Belgium topped the FIFA men's ranking for the first time, the longest continuous reign of any European teams.
- Since making his debut, Eden Hazard has obtained 120 caps and 33 goals for Belgium.
Who is Eden Hazard's Wife?
Looking at his personal life, Eden Hazard is a married man. He got married to his longtime girlfriend Natacha Von Honacker in 2012. They began their relationship when Eden Hazard was just 14 years old. They got married in a low-key ceremony attended by a small group of close family and friends. The couple is blessed with four children named Yannis Hazard, Samy Hazard, Leo Hazard, and Santi Hazard. At present, he has an intimate relationship with his wife and children where they are living their life happily together.
Eden Hazard's Net Worth, Salary, Contracts
Eden Hazard is a Belgian professional football player who currently plays for La Liga club Real Madrid. He is is a very talented football player and with his continuous hard work and dedication, he has accumulated a huge amount of money from his football career which is his major source of wealth. In July 2012, he signed for Premier League club Chelsea for a transfer fee of £32 million. In July 2019, he signed for Spanish club Real Madrid for a transfer worth up to €150 million, making it one of the highest transfer fees. As of 2022, his net worth is believed to be €120 million where he received £19 million as a yearly salary from his current club. Besides this, he also earns a decent amount of money from sponsorship, salary from the national team, endorsement deals with various brands including Nike, and more. In 2012, he signed a sponsorship deal with sportswear and equipment supplier, Nike. He also features on the cover of EA Sports FIFA video game FIFA 15 in Belgium, the UK, the Netherlands, and France, along with Lionel Messi. Hazard, Marco Reus, James Rodríguez, and Anthony Martial were announced as the official ambassadors of the game and were the finalists to be the new face of FIFA 17. He was then named the new face of the franchise in 2019-taking over from Cristiano Ronaldo-appearing as the cover star of the regular edition of FIFA 20. About his house, since moving from London to Madrid back in 2019, currently, he lives in a six-bedroom £10m mansion with his family. The mansion has 10 bathrooms, a gym, a spa, and a tennis court-having been stocked with state-of-the-art technology. Moreover, about his car collections, he rides a Mercedes Benz AMG GTR, Audi R8 V10, BMW X6, Audi RS4 Avant, Range Rover, etc. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle. In addition, his market value is around €12 million.
Eden Hazard's Body Measurements
Eden Hazard stands at a height of 1.75m i.e. 5 feet and 9 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 74kg. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. He has a well-maintained body. His chest size is 38 inches, his arms size is 14 inches and his waist size is 30 inches. His eye color is light blue and his hair color is black. Overall, he has got a healthy body with tattoos on his body parts. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight.
Eden Hazard's Transfer History
- Eden Hazard played for the youth team of Royal Stade Brainois and Tubize.
- In 2005, Eden Hazard joined the youth team of Lille and began his career at the club.
- In July 2012, Eden Hazard signed for Premier League club Chelsea for a transfer fee of £32 million.
- In July 2019, Eden Hazard signed for Spanish club Real Madrid for a transfer worth up to €150 million, making it one of the highest transfer fees.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2010-11 Ligue 1 with Lille.
- Won the 2010-11 Coupe de France with Lille.
- Won the 2014-15, 2016-17 Premier League with Chelsea.
- Won the 2017-18 FA Cup with Chelsea.
- Won the 2014-15 Football League/EFL Cup with Chelsea.
- Won the 2012-13, 2018-19 UEFA Europa League with Chelsea.
- Won the 2019-20, 2021-22 La Liga with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2021-22 Supercopa de Espana with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2022 UEFA Super Cup with Real Madrid.
- Won the 2008-09, 2009-10 UNFP Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year.
- Won the 2011 France Football Best Foreign Player.
- Won the 2011 Bravo Award.
- Won the 2010-11, 2011-12 UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year.
- Won the 2013-14 PFA Young Player of the Year.
- Won the 2014-15 FWA Footballer of the Year.
- Won the 2014-15 Premier League Player of the Season.
- Won the 2014-15 PFA Players' Player of the Year.
- Won the 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17, 2018-19 Chelsea Player of the Year.
- Won the 2014-15, 2018-19 Chelsea Players' Player of the Year.
- Won the 2017, 2018, 2019 Belgium Player of the Year.
- Won the 2017, 2018, 2019 Best Belgian Footballer abroad.
- Won the 2018 Belgian Sportsman of the year.
- Won the 2018 FIFA World Cup Silver Ball.
- Won the 2018-19 Premier League Playmaker of the Season.
- Won the 2018-19 PFA Fans' Player of the Year.
- Won the 2018-19 UEFA Europa League Player of the Season.
- RBFA Belgium Ultimate Icon: 1895-2020
- UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Month: March 2010, March 2011, March 2012, April 2012
- Premier League Player of the Month: October 2016, September 2018
- PFA Fans' Premier League Player of the Month: October 2016
- Premier League Goal of the Month: February 2017, April 2019
- Chelsea Goal of the Year: 2015-16 (vs. Tottenham Hotspur), 2016-17 (vs. Arsenal), 2018-19 (vs. Liverpool)
- UNFP Ligue 1 Team of the Year: 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12
- FIFA FIFPro World11: 2018, 2019
- PFA Premier League Team of the Year: 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2016-17
- UEFA Team of the Year: 2017, 2018
- UEFA Europa League Squad of the Season: 2018-19
- ESM Team of the Year: 2014-15, 2018-19
- FIFA World Cup Fantasy Team: 2018
- IFFHS Men's World Team: 2018
- IFFHS All Time Belgium XI
Trivias About Eden Hazard You Need To Know.
- Eden Hazard started playing football at the age of 4.
- His father, Thierry Hazard was also a footballer who spent most of his career at the semi-professional level with La Louvière in the Belgian Second Division, playing mainly as a defensive midfielder.
- His mother, Carine Hazard was also a footballer who played as a striker in the Belgian Women's First Division and stopped playing when she was three months pregnant with Eden.
- Eden Hazard also has three brothers named Thorgan Hazard, Kylian Hazard, and Ethan Hazard. All of his brothers are also football players.
- In 2012, Eden Hazard signed a sponsorship deal with sportswear and equipment supplier, Nike. He appeared in an advert for the Nike Green Speed II alongside Mario Götze, Theo Walcott, Raheem Sterling, Christian Eriksen, and Stephan El Shaarawy in November 2012.