Elijah Wood - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Girlfriend, Family, Ethnicity, Parents, Facts, Height, Awards, Salary, Career, TV Shows, Siblings, Children, Wiki
Elijah Wood is an American actor who is well known for portraying the role of Frodo Baggins in the hit film trilogy, " Lord of the Rings"(2001–2003) and "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"(2012). Having his career started with his film debut with "Back to the Future Part II"(1989) at age of 8, Wood has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the popular actors in cinematic movies.
He has become successful throughout his career which started initially as a model then as a child actor and now as an experienced actor. Wood also has worked as a voice actor and even has provided a voice to several successful animation films like "The Adventures of Tom Thumb and Thumbelina", "Happy Feet", "Over the Garden Wall" and "9".
Besides, he is active on Twitter with over 966k followers on his verified Twitter account: @elijahwood.
What is Elijah Wood Famous for?
- Famous for his role Frodo Baggins in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.
Where was Elijah Wood Born?
Elijah Wood was born on January 28, 1981, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States. His birth name is Elijah Wood. His nationality is American. Wood belongs to mixed ethnicity and is of English, Danish, Irish, and German ancestry, while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
Elijah Wood was born as the second child to his parents; Warren Wood(father) and Debra Wood(mother). Alongside his older brother named Zachariah and a younger sister named Hannah, Elijah grew up in his hometown in the Catholic religion.
He was a talented kid right from an early age as he started modeling at the age of 7 and even took piano lessons to polish his musical abilities.
Growing up, he also participated in the elementary school plays including the titular character in ‘The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, and even served as a choirboy in "See How They Run".
His mother always supported him as they even moved to Los Angeles for Wood to pursue an acting career, however his parents divorced when he was 15.
Elijah Wood's Career Highlights
- Elijah Wood began his career as a child model getting his first big break following his appearance in Paula Abdul’s music video ‘Forever Your Girl' in 1989.
- He made his acting debut with a role in the TV film, ‘Child in the Night’ and a minor role in ‘Back to the Future Part II.’
- In 1990, he got his first-ever major film role as Aidan Quinn’s character’s son in the Oscar-nominated movie, ‘Avalon.’
- He then appeared in ‘Internal Affairs’, ‘Paradise', ‘Forever Young’ and ‘Radio Flyer.’
- In 1993, Wood played the title character in Disney's adaptation of "The Adventures of Huck Finn".
- He then appeared in movies, 'The Good Son,’ ‘The War,’ and ‘North', followed by The Ice Storm,’ ‘Oliver Twist,’ ‘Deep Impact,’ ‘The Faculty,’ ‘Black and White,’ and ‘Chain of Fools.’
- He got his biggest breakthrough when he portrayed the lead role of Frodo Baggins in Peter Jackson's film adaptation of the hit movie, ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’ in 2001.
- He went on to reprise his role in two other films of the trilogy: ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.’
- Alongside his reprising roles in the trilogy, he voiced Tom Thumb in the direct-to-video release of ‘The Adventures of Tom Thumb and Thumbelina.’
- He then performed impressive performances in hit fils, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,’ ‘Sin City,’ ‘Everything Is Illuminated,’ and ‘Green Street.’
- He even voiced the character of ‘Mumble’ in the animation film ‘Happy Feet,’ which went on to win an ‘Academy Award’. Followed by the voice acting of the lead character in the animated feature film version of the short film ‘9.’
- Apart from her acting career, he also launched his record label ‘Simian Records' under which several albums have been released.
- In 2010, he founded a production company, "The Woodshed" along with Daniel Noah and Josh C. Waller.
- He reprised his voice role as ‘Mumble’ in ‘Happy Feet Two.’
- He also reprised his breakthrough role as Frodo Baggins in the epic fantasy film, ‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' in 2013.
- He also played the leading role in the Hitchcockian suspense thriller, "Grand Piano".
- Also, he was cast alongside Vin Diesel in the dark fantasy action film ‘The Last Witch Hunter’ in 2015.
- He co-starred alongside Nicolas Cage in the black comedy film ‘The Trust' in 2016.
- In 2017, he co-starred in the comedy thriller film, "I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore" which even was awarded Grand Jury Prize.
- He played Todd Brotzman in the BBC America series Dirk Gently's "Holistic Detective Agency" from 2016 till 2017.
- He also had recurring roles in various TV series, such as ‘Tron: Uprising,’ ‘Over the Garden Wall,’ ‘Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency,’ and ‘Star Wars Resistance.’
Who is Elijah Wood Dating?
Elijah Wood is currently in a relationship with Mette-Marie Kongsved. Mette is a popular Danish film producer with who Wood has been together since 2016. They have been dating for over 5 years now and even have a child together who they welcomed in 2019.
She is well-known for producing films; "The Raid 2"(2014), "ABCs of Death 2"(2014), and "I don’t feel at home in this world anymore"(2017).
Before Mette, Wood dated popular actress, Elliot Page. Besides, he is a philanthropist and an active humanitarian and has worked closely with several charities. He has supported nonprofit organizations, such as ‘Keep a Child Alive’ and ‘Youth AIDS.’
Also, alongside the First Lady of Chile, Cecilia Morel, he visited the towns of Chile which was hit with the hardest magnitude earthquake in 2010.
Elijah Wood's Net Worth
Elijah Wood has quite good earnings from his profession as an actor and producer. Having his career started when he was a child, Wood has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the prominent actors in Hollywood.
With his breakthrough role of Frodo Baggins, he surely has earned a healthy fortune, as his starting salary was original $250,000 for the first installment of LOTR but as it reached the end of a trilogy it was increased to $1 million.
Including others of his portrayed roles and LOTR, he has a net worth estimated to be around $20 million.
Elijah Wood's Height and Weight
Elijah Wood is a good-looking man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his 40s. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inches.(1.68m) while his body weighs around 64kg (140 pounds). He has a fair complexion with brown hair and a distinct pair of sparkling blue eyes with a beard on his face.