Facts About Elisabeth Moss
|40 Years Old
|Elisabeth Singleton Moss
|Place Of Birth
|Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Actress, voice actor
|School of American Ballet
|Married But Divorced - In a Relationship
|5 feet 3 inches
|Source of Wealth
|$1 Million per episode
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Elisabeth Moss is an American television, film, and stage actress. She is best known for her performances in television series The West Wing and Mad Men. Born in Los Angeles, California, to musician parents, she grew up aspiring to be a performer and professional dancer. She moved to New York City to train as a ballet dancer and attended classes for the same.
Soon, she began to land offers for acting and learned to balance both education and career from a very young age. Being home-schooled, she graduated before most of her contemporaries. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Elisabeth Moss famous for?
- An American actress.
- Her work in several television dramas, earning such accolades as two Prime-time Emmy Awards and two Golden Globe Awards, which led Vulture to name her the "Queen of Peak TV".
When was Elisabeth Moss born?
Recalling her early life, Elisabeth Moss was born in Los Angeles, in the states of California in the year 1982. Her nationality is American and ethnicity is mixed. Her birth name is Elisabeth Singleton Moss. The name of her father is Ron Moss and his mother's name is Linda Moss. Both her parents were involved in the music industry. They were a musician.
During her early life, dancing always fascinated her. Consequently, she did learn ballet at the School of American Ballet in New York City.
Where is Elisabeth Moss educated?
Concerning her education, Elisabeth studied dancing from her teenage period. She was home-schooled and later graduated in 1999. Then, she starts performing at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.
When did Elisabeth Moss begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Elisabeth began her acting career at the age of eight. Her first screen role was in the NBC miniseries Lucky/Chances (1990).
- From 1992 to 1995, she appeared as Cynthia Parks in seven episodes of the TV series Picket Fences. She also voiced Holly DeCarlo in the TV special Frosty Returns (1992). In 1993, she voiced Michelle in the animated film Once Upon a Forest.
- In 1993, she appeared in the televised version of the film Gypsy. She then played the role of Harvey Keitel's on-screen daughter in the film Imaginary Crimes (1994).
- In 1995, she appeared in Escape to Witch Mountain, a remake of the Walt Disney film. She also played a role in the television biopic Love Can Build a Bridge. She then played a supporting role in the drama Separate Lives and a small role in the black comedy film The Last Supper.
- In 1995, she voiced Kathy in the animated TV series Freakazoid! The following year, she voiced a character in the animated TV special It's Spring Training, Charlie Brown.
- In 1999, Elisabeth Moss began playing Zoey Bartlet, one of her most distinguished roles, in the television series The West Wing. Her character occupies the central position in the plot during the fourth season of the show. The series finale was aired in 2006.
- In 1999, she played the supporting role of a mental institution patient in James Mangold's Girl, Interrupted. The same year, she also played a small role in the drama film Anywhere but Here, and then played a minor role in the movie Mumford.
- In 2003, she played a supporting role in Ron Howard's revisionist western thriller The Missing. She also appeared in the movie Virgin for which she earned an Independent Spirit Award nomination. She also appeared in Heart of America and a few other films in the early-2000s.
- She then went on to appear in some television series. From 2005 to 2006, she played a supporting role in the horror series Invasion. In 2007, she appeared in an episode titled My Favorite Mistake in Grey's Anatomy. She then appeared in the series Medium.
- In 2007, she also appeared in Mary Lambert's horror film The Attic and the independent drama Day Zero.
- The same year, she started appearing in a distinguished role in AMC’s period drama television series Mad Men (2007-2015). In the series, she played the role of Peggy Olson, a secretary-turned-copywriter in an advertising agency in Madison Avenue, New York City. Her performance as Peggy earned her several awards and nominations.
- Meanwhile, in October 2008, she made her Broadway debut in the 20th-anniversary revival of Speed-the-Plow by David Mamet.
- In 2009, she appeared in the comedy Did You Hear About the Morgans? playing the role of Sarah Jessica Parker's on-screen associate. The following year, she appeared in the comedy film Get Him to the Greek.
- In 2011, she made her West End debut as Martha Dobie in Lillian Hellman's play The Children's Hour. The following year, she starred as Galatea Dunkel in the independent drama film On the Road, which was based on Jack Kerouac’s novel of the same name.
- In 2013, she played the role of detective Robin Griffin in the Sundance Channel miniseries Top of the Lake. For her performance, she received the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress. The following year, she starred in Listen up Philip.
- In March 2015, she appeared as Heidi Holland in a Broadway titled The Heidi Chronicles. Although she received a Tony Award nomination for her performance, the play closed earlier than expected due to low ticket sales.
- In 2015, she played a madwoman in the psychological thriller Queen of Earth which was co-produced and directed by Alex Ross Perry. The same year, she also appeared in a supporting role in the British dystopian thriller drama High-Rise.
- In 2016, she appeared in the biographical sports drama film, Chuck. The following year, she played Angie Wood in a biopic of Scottish psychiatrist R. D. Laing titled Mad to be Normal.
- In 2017, She started playing June Osborne in the dystopian drama series The Handmaid’s Tale. For her role in the series, she received widespread acclaim and many prestigious awards and nominations.
- In 2018, she appeared in critically acclaimed movies, such as Her Smell and The Old Man & the Gun. The same year, she also played Masha in The Seagull, an adaptation of Anton Chekhov's play.
- In 2019, she played prominent roles in films like Light of My Life, Us, and The Kitchen. The same year, she was cast to play important roles in films, such as The French Dispatch and The Invisible Man.
- In 2020, She starred in Shirley, opposite Michael Stuhlbarg and directed by Josephine Decker, portraying the role of author Shirley Jackson, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival.
- She also had the starring role in the horror-thriller film The Invisible Man, alongside Oliver Jackson-Cohen and Storm Reid, which was released on February 28th, 2020, to critical acclaim.
Who is Elisabeth Moss married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Elisabeth married Fred Armisen, an American actor-comedian, on October 25th, 2009, after having met him in October 2008. The marriage was solemnized in Long Island, New York.
They subsequently filed for divorce in September 2010 after being separated in June 2010. They received the divorce decree on May 13th, 2011. Presently, she is in a romantic relationship with Adam Arkapaw, a talented cinematographer. The lovebirds began dating since 2012. of now, they are living happily sharing an incredible bond between them.
How much is Elisabeth Moss's worth?
Being an actress by nationality, Elisabeth earns a decent amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, his estimated net worth said to be $20 million and her salary is somewhere around $1 million per episode at present. However, her asset details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Elisabeth Moss?
Observing her body physics, Elisabeth stands a height of 5 feet 3 inches and weighs around 53 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and dark brown hair color. Further, his other body measures around 35-28-36 inches and she used 7 (US) shoe size. She also used 10 (US) dress sizes with an average body build.
Trivias About Elisabeth Moss You Need To Know.
- She was starred in the horror film Us in 2019.
- With the NBC miniseries Lucky/Chances, she made her television debut in 1990.
- Her father was from England. Her mother, who is American, is of half Swedish and half German and Austrian descent.
- Her favorite character that she has played has been Robin Griffin in Top of the Lake (2013).