Last updated on January 7th, 2021 at 12:31 pm
Facts About Elizabeth Hurley
|58 Years Old
|Elizabeth Jane Hurley
|Place Of Birth
|Actress, Model, Businesswoman
|Married But Divorced - Single
|Arun Nayar (M. 2007; Div. 2011)
|5 feet 9 inches
|Bra Cup Size
|Source of Wealth
|Harriet Costello School
|College / University
|Queen Mary's College
|Roy Leonard Hurley
|Michael James Hurley
|Wikipedia, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
Elizabeth Hurley, also known as Liz Hurley, is a British model and actress who has always been in the limelight, for both the right and wrong reasons. She can lay claim to the title of one of the most desirable women in the world, as well as one of the most photographed. Hurley had quite a colorful childhood as she dabbed in Ballet and punk fashion and was even involved with the New Age Travelers, a hippie group in Britain. She gained worldwide recognition as she walked the red carpet with partner Hugh Grant at the premiere of his film. To know more about her, you can read below.
What is Elizabeth Hurley Famous For?
- An English businesswoman, actress, and model.
Where was Elizabeth Hurley Born?
Going back to her early life, Elizabeth Hurley was born in Basingstoke, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom. Her nationality is American and belongs to mixed ethnicity. Her birth name is Elizabeth Jane Hurley. She was born to Roy Leonard Hurley, an army major and Angela Mary Hurley, a school teacher at Kempshott Infant School. She has a sister, Kate Hurley and a brother, Michael James Hurley.
By the age of 12, she realized that she needed to be an artist ad was enlisted in a private all-inclusive school, having some expertise in artful dance. Afterward, she likewise earned a grant to study move and theater at the London Studio Center.
Elizabeth Hurley Career Highlights
- Talking about her career journey, Elizabeth landed her first movie, Aria, a film that consisted of 10 short films, all having different directors. The film featured in the Cannes Film Festival of 1987.
- In 1988, Christabel, a TV show featuring Hurley in the lead was released, with Hurley playing the lead role of an English woman married to a German lawyer.
- Between 1988 and 1995, she acted in a few movies like Rowing With the Wind, Kill Cruise, Passenger 57 and Beyond Bedlam, along with TV shows like Act of Will, Death Has a Bad Reputation.
- She was also featured in a lot of cameos during this period, appearing in shows like Inspector Morse, The Orchid House, The Good Guys, and Sharpe’s Enemy.
- In 1994, her then partner Hugh Grant founded a production company Simian Films, in which Hurley was assigned as development head to scout for projects.
- In 1995, the well-known cosmetics firm Estee Lauder signed her as their spokes-model, a position she held till 2001 when she was replaced by Caroline Murphy.
- In 1997, she starred alongside Mike Myers as Vanessa Kensington in the hit action-comedy Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery and followed it up with a small appearance in the sequel Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, a couple of years later.
- From 1998 to 2000, she appeared in quite a few Hollywood movies such as Permanent Midnight, My Favourite Martian, EdTV, and Bedazzled.
- In 2000, she flouted a 5-month acting-strike by acting in a commercial for Estee Lauder and had to pay a penalty of $100,000, imposed by the Screen Actors Guild. The same year, she acted in the drama The Weight of Water, which also featured Sean Penn.
- In 2001, She was part of The Human Face, a 4-part documentary about the effects of facial expressions and features. It was narrated by the British Actor-Comedian John Cleese.
- In 2002, she acted in the unsuccessful film, Serving Sara, whose failure led Hurley to stop acting in films in the US and focus more on her modeling career.
- In 2005, she did modeling for the firms Saloni, Liverpool Department Stores of Mexico and Lancel. The same year, she also launched her beachwear line, Elizabeth Hurley Beach at Harrods in the UK.
- In 2006, she acted in the advertising campaigns for the brands, Jordache, Shiatzy Chen, Got Milk?, Patrick Cox and MQ Clothiers of Sweden.
- In 2006, she hosted the British reality show Project Catwalk and received a lot of flak for it. She was replaced in the next season because she allegedly had asked the contestants to send her free clothes.
- In 2008, She both designed and modeled a capsule collection of 12 swimsuits for MANGO, a Spanish clothes brand.
- In 2011, she acted in the fifth season of the TV show Gossip Girl, where she portrayed the character of ‘Diana Payne’, a rich businesswoman from Los Angeles.
- In September 2013, she was cast in one of E!'s first two scripted pilots, The Royals, which was picked up in March 2014 and aired in 2015. The drama series, revolving around a fictional British Royal Family and set in modern London, stars Hurley as the matriarch, Queen Helena.
- He played Marvel Comics villain Morgan le Fay in the final season of the Hulu show Runaways, released in 2019.
Who is Elizabeth Hurley Married to?
Elizabeth Hurley was a romantic relationship with Hugh Grant, a British actor from 1987. Later in 2000, they were separated, albeit on good terms and have remained friends ever since. In 2002, a son was born to her, namely Damian Charles Hurley. The boy's father, Steve Bing initially refused to acknowledge Damian as his son and eventually took a DNA test that confirmed him as the father.
In the same year, She started a relationship with Indian business magnate Arun Nayar, and in 2007, they got married in 2 ceremonies, first at Sudeley castle in England, and then at Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur. Her marriage ended in 2011 when she successfully filed for divorce, stating Nayar's unreasonable behavior as the cause. Later that year, she got engaged to Australian cricket legend Shane Warne. In December 2013, They called off their engagement after a turbulent 2 months period.
In 2014, she dated David Yarrow. He is a hedge-fund financier and passionate wildlife photographer. They were having a great time together but due to some differences the couple eventually broke up. Presently, she is single. But she had revealed that she is still in touch with her exes.
How Much is Elizabeth Hurley Worth?
Elizabeth Hurley is an English businesswoman, actress, and model who earns the sum of a good amount of money and salary from his entertainment industry. As per online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $50 million at present. However, her salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How Tall is Elizabeth Hurley?
Talking about her body physics, Elizabeth has a height of 5 feet 9 inches and she has a body-weight of 61 Kg. Her eyes are blue and hair is light brown. She used a 42D bra size and her dress size 8 (US). Further, her body measures 37-25-33 inches and her shoe size is 9.5 (US).
Trivias About Elizabeth Hurley You Need To Know.
- Listed in "People Weekly"s "Most Intriguing People" list. (December 25, 1995/January 1, 1996 issue)
- Said she gets her "hot-date look" by eating vast quantities of watercress soup. (May 2001 interview, London's "The Evening Standard")
- Estée Lauder's "Elizabeth Pink" lipstick is named after her and proceeds from the sales go to breast cancer research.
- Godmother of actress Patsy Kensit's son, Lennon Francis Gallagher.