Last updated on August 13th, 2023 at 04:11 am
Facts About Elizabeth Smart
|Celebrated Name||Elizabeth Smart|
|Age||35 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Elizabeth Smart|
|Birth Name||Elizabeth Smart|
|Best Known For||American Child Safety Activist, Contributor to ABC news|
|Famous For||kidnapped on 5th June 2002 at the small age of 14|
|Place Of Birth||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|School||Bryant Intermediate School|
|University||Brigham Young University|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|Bra Cup Size||33 B|
|Children||2: James and Chloe Gilmour|
Elizabeth Ann Smart is an American Child Safety Activist, Contributor to ABC news, Journalist.
- She was kidnapped on 5th June 2002 at the small age of 14. The kidnapper name is Brian David Mitchell and his wife Wanda Barzee. She was kidnapped in her home Federal Heights neighborhood of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Smart had been taken from her home at knifepoint by Mitchell.
- Smart has gone on to become an advocate for missing persons and victims of sexual assault.
- He abducted fourteen-year-old Elizabeth from the bedroom she shared with her nine-year-old sister, Mary Katherine.
- Brian David Mitchell was born on October 18, 1953, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- In order to teach Mitchell about sex, his father reportedly showed his adolescent son explicit photos from a medical journal.
- Brian is a married man with Wanda Barzee.
- After the kidnapping of Smart, she was taken into the woods outside of Salt Lake city by Mitchell. Later, she was met by Wanda Barzee. After that, Mitchell proceeds to rape and was shackled to a tree with a metal cable.
- He often forced her to drink alcohol and take drugs to lower her resistance, and both starved and fed her garbage.
- In September 2002, Mitchell and Barzee left Salt Lake City with Smart, relocating to San Diego County, California.
- On 12th February 2003, Mitchell was arrested in El Cajon for breaking into a church and spent several days in jail over the incident.
- At the end of the year 2002, Smart attended a party with Mitchell and Barzee and was photographed wearing a veil and robe among Mitchell and another party guest.
- On 12th March 2003, Mitchell was spotted with two women named Elizabeth Smart and Wanda Barzee in Sandy, Utah by a couple who had seen Mitchell's photos on the news. The two women were disguised in a gray wig, sunglasses, and veil and later Mitchell and Barzee were arrested.
- Wanda Barzee was taken as guilty and sentenced to concurrent terms of fifteen years in state and federal prison and will be released on 19th September 2018.
- Mitchell's trial began on November 8, 2010, and was struck down on 11th December 2010 due to kidnapping and other sexual activity.
- On December 18, 2006, Mitchell was again declared unfit to stand trial in the Utah state courts after screaming at a judge during a hearing to "forsake those robes and kneel in the dust".
- Elizabeth along with her parents interviewed for a special segment of "Dateline NBC" in the year 2003 which questioned about missing of Elizabeth, legislation on sex-offender registration, personal opinions and many more.
- On 6th June 2002, Ed and Lois went on television and pleaded for the kidnapper to return their daughter.
- Her family published a book named "Bringing Elizabeth Home (ISBN 978-0385512145)".
- The kidnapping was also shown in the 2003 television film "The Elizabeth Smart Story". This film was based on "bringing her back home".
- In the year 2004, this film was nominated for 3 Young Artist Award and after 8 months she Elizabeth was found on the date of 9th November 2003.
- In the year 2017, the movie entitled "I Am Elizabeth Smart" was produced by smart which tells the story of her kidnapping.
Early Life of Elizabeth
Elizabeth was born on 3rd November 1987 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Her father name is Edward Smart and mother name is Lois Smart. Her full name is Elizabeth Ann Smart. The second of six children of a successful real estate developer and a homemaker, Smart was known as a kind, smart, shy and obedient child. Smart was sought out to perform as a harpist at local weddings and funerals when she was in middle school. She attended Bryant Intermediate School, where she was known as an intelligent and diligent student. In 2006, she enrolled at Brigham Young University. Her horoscope is Scorpio. Her nationality is American and her religion is Mormonism.
Gossips and Rumors
- Wanda Barzee is going to be released in the next week.
- Smart was abducted at the age of 14 by Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee
Body Features of Elizabeth
Elizabeth has got a sexy figure with the height of 5 feet 7 inch and balanced weight of 120lbs. Her bra size is 33B. She got eye color of Blue and hair color of Blonde.
Affairs of Elizabeth
In the year 2009, Elizabeth Shifted to Paris for her Mormon missionary trip. It was in Paris that she met fellow missionary Matthew Gilmour, a native of Scotland. The two married in Hawaii in February 2012 and went on to have two children together named James and Chloe Gilmour.
Net Worth of Elizabeth
The net worth of Elizabeth is estimated to have $100,000.
Trivias About Elizabeth Smart You Need To Know.
- Made international news after being kidnapped at age 14. She was rescued nine months later and later became a child safety activist and a contributor for ABC News.
- She was a cheerful, normal girl starting high school.
- Her abductors were Brian David Mitchell and his wife Wanda Ilene Barzee.
- The second of six children of a successful real estate developer and a homemaker, Smart was known as a kind, smart, shy and obedient child.