Elle Fanning - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Dating, Boyfriend, Parents, Siblings, Family, Nationality, Birthday, Age, Height, Wiki, Size, Career, Awards
Elle Fanning is an American actress who is well known for portraying the starring role of Alice Dainard in J. J. Abrams' science-fiction film "Super 8(2011)". She is also known for being the younger sister of a famous actress, Dakota Fanning who is mostly recognized for her role of Lucy Dawson in the drama film "I Am Sam".
She also portrayed the role of Princess Aurora in the fantasy films Maleficent (2014) and Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019). She has been playing the role of Empress Catherine II in the Hulu series "The Great" since 2020.
For her role in the series, she received a nomination for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress-Television Series Musical or Comedy and won the Satellite Award for Best Actress-Television Series Musical or Comedy.
At the age of 21, she became the youngest person to serve as a jury member at the Cannes Film Festival in 2019. With her growing popularity, the young actress has gained around 5.3 million followers on her verified Instagram account: @ellefanning.
What is Elle Fanning famous for?
- Famous as an American actress
- Known for her role of Alice Dainard in J. J. Abrams' science-fiction film "Super 8"
Where is Elle Fanning from?
Elle Fanning was born on April 9, 1998, in Conyers, Georgia, United States. Her birth name is Mary Elle Fanning. She holds an American nationality. Her ethnicity is White while Aries is her zodiac sign.
She was born as the youngest daughter of Heather Joy Arrington (mother) and Steven J. Fanning(father). Her mother was a professional tennis player while her father was a minor league baseball player who now is an electronics salesman in Los Angeles, California.
Her elder sister, Dakota Fanning is also an actress who is mostly recognized for her role of Lucy Dawson in the drama film "I Am Sam". Elle and her sister were brought up in the Southern Baptist denomination in their hometown.
Rick Arrington, a former American football star, is her maternal grandfather, and Jill Arrington, a former ESPN reporter, is her aunt. Also, William Farrar, a gentleman farmer, is one of the Arrington family's noteworthy ancestors.
Elle Fanning's Career: Highlights
- Elle Fanning kicked off her career as a child actress before being three years old by appearing as the younger version of her sister, Dakota's characters in the film "I Am Sam(2001)" and the miniseries "Taken(2002)".
- She then played the role of Jamie in the 2003 American family comedy film "Daddy Day Care" in 2003 for which she was nominated for Young Artist Award.
- She made her guest appearances in several TV series including "Judging Army", "CSI: Miami", "CSI: NY", "House", and "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit".
- In the year 2004, she gave her voice for the role of Mej in the English-dubbed version of Miyazaki's animated film "My Neighbor Totoro", opposite her sister.
- She continued her acting career by appearing in several TV shows and movies including "Déjà Vu", "Babel", "I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With", "The Nines", and "Reservation Road".
- She portrayed the role of Anna Miller in the 2006 science fiction television miniseries "The Lost Room" for which she received a Young Artist Award nomination.
- Elle appeared in the role of Tracy Belle in the American police procedural crime drama television series "Criminal Minds" for 2 episodes.
- In 2008, she starred as Phoebe in the American drama film "Pheobe in Wonderland".
- She appeared as Cleo in the 2010 drama film "Somewhere". For her performance in the film, she earned her first award; Young Hollywood Award. The film was a commercial success.
- Elle got her career breakthrough in 2011 by playing the starring role of Alice Dainard in J. J. Abrams' science-fiction drama film "Super 8".
- The film became a commercial success. Her performance in the film was appreciated a lot and earned her Spotlight Award at Hollywood Film Festival and the Pheonix Film Critics Society Award.
- She then appeared in various TV films and shows including "Trumbo", "Live by Night", "Mary Shelley", "I Think We're Alone Now", "Teen Spirit", "Dirty Sexy Money", and "HitRecord on TV".
- She also portrayed the role of Princess Aurora in the fantasy films "Maleficent(2014)" and "Maleficent: Mistress of Evil (2019)".
- In the year 2020, she appeared as Molly in the film "The Roads Not Taken", and as Violet Markey in the film "All the Bright Places".
- In the same year, she made her appearance in the American television special "The Disney Family Singalong".
- She has been playing the role of Empress Catherine II in the Hulu series "The Great" since 2020. Her role in the series has been appreciated a lot and has earned her a Satellite Award.
- She also made her guest appearance in an episode of the American animated show "Robot Chicken" in 2021.
- Elle will be appearing in the upcoming film "The Nightingale" and the Hulu miniseries "The Girl From Plainville".
Elle Fanning Awards
- 1 Young Hollywood Award
- 1 Spotlight Award at Hollywood Film Festival
- 1 Phoenix Film Critics Society Award
- 1 Satellite Award
Elle Fanning Boyfriend
Elle Fanning is not married yet but she is currently in a relationship with Max Minghella. Max is an English actor and film director who is recognized for his roles in the films like "Syriana", "Art School Confidential", and "The Social Network".
The couple met each other for the first time on the sets of the film "Teen Spirit" back in 2018. The couple officially confirmed their relationship in 2019 by attending the Met Gala Together. She previously dated Zalman Band and Dylan Beck.
She currently resides in Los Angeles, California. Also recently, Elle and Dakota started Lewellen Pictures with a first-look deal at MRC.
Elle Fanning Net Worth
Elle Fanning has quite good earnings from her professional career as an actress. Having her career started in the year 2001 with her first role in "I Am Sam", Elle has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the best upcoming actresses in her 19 years of a long career. Her source of income is surely her appearance in movies, TV shows, and series. She also makes additional income from her endorsement deals with renowned brands. Including all her earnings, her net worth is estimated to be around $6 million as of 2021.
Elle Fanning Height and Weight
Elle Fanning is a gorgeous lady with a well-maintained slim body physique in her early 20s. With her well-maintained slim body physique and sparkling blue eyes with blonde hair, Elle has surely won several hearts all over the world.
She stands tall with a height of 5ft 9 inches(1.75m) while her body weighs around 58kg(127 lbs). Her maintained body physique has a measurement of 33-26-35 inches with 33B as her bra size, 8(US) as her shoe size, and 6(US) as her dress size.
Trivias About Elle Fanning You Need To Know.
- Elle and Dakota started Lewellen Pictures with a first look deal at MRC.
- Rick Arrington, a former American football star, is her maternal grandfather
- Her aunt, Jill Arrington is a former ESPN reporter.
- William Farrar, a gentleman farmer, is one of the Arrington family's noteworthy ancestors.