Ellen Pao Bio, Net Worth, Age, Married, Husband, Daughter, Book, Project Include, Salary, Height, Parents, Nationality, Age, Facts, Wiki, Famous For
Ellen Kangru Pao shortly named as Ellen Pao is an American Investor as well as an activist. Moreover, she has also founded the diversity consulting non-profit organization Project Include. Previously, she was a partner at Kapor Capital and the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at the Kapor Center for Social Impact before leaving in 2018 to focus on her role as Project Include's CEO. She has also held several positions which include interim CEO of social media technology company Reddit, investment partner at Kleiner Perkins, board director at Flipboard, and corporate attorney at Cravath, Swaine & Moore. She came to limelight after she filed an unsuccessful gender discrimination suit against former employer Kleiner Perkins in 2012.
Ellen Pao Says Ghislaine Maxwell Was Invited To Silicon Valley VC Party In 2011
The former CEO of Reddit drew criticism this week after revealing that she and several others at a ritzy 2011 Silicon Valley Christmas party attended by Ghislaine Maxwell "knew" or "suspected" that she was allegedly supplying underage girls to Jeffrey Epstein but did not call her out. Ellen Pao, the former CEO of Reddit, said in the tweet posted Monday that Maxwell was at the party hosted by Kleiner Perkins, a venture capital giant where she worked as a partner. "She was at the Kleiner holiday party in 2011, but I had no desire to meet her much less have a photo taken with her," Pao wrote in a tweet on Monday. "We knew about her supplying underage girls for sex, but I guess that was fine with the 'cool’ people who managed the tightly controlled guest list," she added. In a second tweet, she clarified that media reports had implicated Maxwell in sex trafficking - but the accused madame had not been charged criminally at the time. "To be clear, the press had described her as supplying underage girls for sex, but she had not been charged so I guess it would be more accurate to say we 'suspected’ v 'knew,'" she wrote. Maxwell was arrested last week in New Hampshire and hit with a six-count indictment for allegedly trafficking underage girls for pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and lying about the alleged crimes under oath. At the time of the 2011 party, Epstein had been convicted of sex trafficking in Florida and ordered to register as a sex offender.
- Being an American Investor and Activist.
- For filing a gender discrimination suit against former employer Kleiner Perkins in 2012, Pao has expressed vocal criticism of the hiring and promotion practices in Silicon Valley
What is the birthplace of Ellen Pao?
On 3rd August 1970, the famous investor and activist, Ellen Pao was born in New Jersey, the USA. She was born with the birth name/real name of Ellen Kangru Pao. Her nationality is American and her ethnicity is Asian. Her race is White. She is the middle child of three daughters born to her parents; Tsyh-Wen Pao (mother) and Young-Ping Pao (father), immigrants from Taiwan. Regarding the profession of her parents; her father, Young-Ping Pao, was a professor at New York University's Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and her mother, Tsyh-Wen Pao (nee Lee) worked as an engineer in computer sciences at the University of Pennsylvania. Her father died in 1987 when Ellen was in the 12th grade of high school. Her maternal grandparents are Yu-Wen Lee and Ching-Hsin (nee Liu) Lee, who were from Baoding in the Hebei province near Beijing. Furthermore, she also has two sisters (siblings). Talking about her education, she was graduated with an A.B. from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University in 1991. After that, she attended Harvard Law School, where she earned a Juris Doctor in 1994. After two years of working, Pao returned to attend Harvard Business School, where she received an MBA in the year 1998. She is Christian by religion and her star sign is Leo.
How Ellen Pao pursue her career?
- Ellen Pao began her career from the year 1994 by working as a corporate attorney at Cravath, Swaine & Moore till 1996, and later she began working at WebTV in the year 1998.
- She also worked at several companies in Silicon Valley including BEA Systems as Senior Director of Corporate Business Development from 2001 until 2005.
- After that, she joined Kleiner Perkins, an established venture capital firm in San Francisco, as technical chief of staff for John Doerr, a senior partner, a job that required degrees in engineering, law, and business and experience in enterprise software. It was in the year 2005.
- Additionally, she was appointed a Crown Fellow of the Aspen Institute on the recommendation of Doerr, a trustee in the year 2007.
- She became a junior investing partner with Ted Schlein as her boss in the year 2007.
- She filed a gender discrimination lawsuit against her employer, Kleiner Perkins on 10th May 2012, and the lawsuit alleged workplace retaliation by a male junior partner, resulting from his and Pao's romantic affair. It went to trial in late February 2015. The trial, lasting 24 days, resulted in a favorable verdict for Kleiner Perkins.
- While the trial was taking place, a gender discrimination suit was filed against Twitter by Tina Huang, and a suit alleging sexual and racial discrimination was filed against Facebook by Chia Hong.
- Following the trial, Kleiner Perkins sought $972,814 in legal costs and offered to withdraw the fee if Pao declined to appeal the verdict.
- On 5th June, Kleiner Perkins claimed that Pao wanted $2.7 million to not appeal, an amount which they called "improper and excessive".
- She later claimed that she was terminated abruptly while Kleiner Perkins claimed that she was given a month to accept a paid five-month transition to an operating role.
- Her lawyer said she was fired in retaliation for her lawsuit and amended the complaint to add that cause of action. Whereas the firm said he was terminated for performance reasons unrelated to the lawsuit.
- Later, the jury decided the case in favor of the defendant on all counts on 27th March 2015.
- After the case, she worked as the head of business development and strategic partnerships by joining Reddit in the year 2013.
- Moreover, she became interim CEO in November 2014 after Yishan Wong resigned.
- One of the largest changes to the website made under Pao was the banning of revenge porn in March 2015.
- She was the subject of criticism and harassment by Reddit users after five Reddit communities (subreddits) were banned for harassment and Reddit's director of talent was fired in June and July 2015.
- She also founded the non-profit organization Project Include with Erica Baker, Tracy Chou, Freada Kapor Klein, and four other women in the technology industry.
- In a May 2016 interview, she stated that she planned to finish the book before seeking a full-time job.
- After a month, the book was acquired by Spiegel and Grau and given the title "Reset: My Fight for Inclusion and Lasting Change".
- The book has been shortlisted for the 2017 Financial Times and McKinsey Business Book of the Year Award.
Affiliation with Jeffrey Epstein Affair
- She claimed in a tweet on 6th July 2020 that she had known about Ghislaine Maxwell's involvement in the solicitation of underage girls for sex since at least 2011; Maxwell was criminally charged with six felonies, including sex trafficking and enticement of minors, on 2nd July 2020.
- She stated "We knew about her supplying underage girls for sex, but I guess that was fine with the "cool" people who managed the tightly controlled guest list". Her tweet quickly disappeared from the site.
Who is Ellen Pao's husband?
Ellen Pao was a married woman. She was married to her husband; Roger Kuo. They later divorced. After that, she married Buddy Fletcher. The duo met through Aspen Institute functions during the summer of 2007, after they were both appointed Crown Fellows. They are also the proud parents of one daughter. She is a vegetarian. At present, the couple is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
What is the Net Worth (2020) of Ellen Pao?
Ellen Pao is an American investor and activist who co-founded the diversity consulting non-profit organization Project Include. With her career, she has accumulated a huge amount of money until now. The net worth of Ellen Pao is estimated to have $150 Million as of 2020 as per sources. Additionally, she was also the partner at Kapor Capital and the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer at the Kapor Center for Social Impact before leaving in 2018 to focus on her role as Project Include's CEO. She is living a luxurious lifestyle from her earning and she is satisfied with her earnings.
How tall is Ellen Pao?
Ellen Pao is a very beautiful lady with slim body build. She has got a tall height of 5 ft 4 in with the balanced bodyweight of 52 KG. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is black. With her charismatic personality and nice attitude, she has attracted a lot of people towards her. Overall, she has got a healthy body with sweet smile.