Emma Raducanu - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Height, Ranking, Parents, Career
Emma Raducanu is a professional British tennis player. She has a career-high WTA singles ranking of world No. 333 which she achieved on 9th March 2020. Whereas her present ranking is No. 338 as of 28th June 2021. She has also won three singles titles on the ITF Circuit. She is currently having a run in the 2021 Wimbledon Championships where she ousted Vitalia Diatchenko 7-64 6-0, Marketa Vondrousova 6-2 6-4, Sorana Cirstea 6-3, 7-5 reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon in the Open era. She was the youngest British woman to reach the Wimbledon third round since Elena Baltacha in 2002, also as an 18-year-old as well as the youngest British woman to reach the last 16 in the Open Era, and guaranteeing herself a place in the top 200 in the WTA rankings when she moved up more the 150 places from her current ranking of World No 338. Her playing style has been respected by so numerous WTA veterans up until now. Her present coach is Andy Murray’s father-in-law Nigel Sears. She is also active on Instagram under the account head @emmaraducanu with more than 113K followers.
Emma Raducanu survives French Open
For the first time in her career at the highest level, even on her French Open debut, she was both the elder and more experienced player on the court. Raducanu dug deep to hold her off, recovering from a set and breaking down to reach the second round in Paris with a 6-7 (4), 7-5, 6-1 win in two hours, 37 minutes. "It was an absolute battle. I have to say Linda is playing some amazing tennis and she really came out there firing," Raducanu said. "As soon as I dropped my ball speed, she was all over me and killing me from the end of the first set."
- Being a British Tennis Player.
- For reaching the fourth round at Wimbledon in the Open era after defeating Sorana Cirstea.
What Ethnicity is Emma Raducanu?
Emma Raducanu was born on 13th November 2002 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada which is her born place. She holds British nationality. She came from a mixed ethnical background as she was born to a Romanian father and a Chinese mother. Her father's name is Ian and her mother's name is Renee. Her family moved to the United Kingdom when she was only two. She experienced her childhood in her hometown, London. She visits her paternal grandmother in Bucharest, Romania several times a year. She is fond of Romanian cuisine. Her present age is 19 as of 2021. Scorpio is her Zodiac sign. She grew up with his sibling, a brother. Her religious details are unknown at a moment.
At the age of five, Emma began playing tennis at the Bromley Tennis Academy. She was a pupil at Newstead Wood School, a state grammar school in the London Borough of Bromley. Her tennis idols are Li Na and Simona Halep. She attended the same school as British sprinter Dina Asher-Smith and she will find out the results of her A-levels next month, having stayed at school because her parents wanted to have something for her to fall back on if tennis did not work out
How was the Tennis Career of Emma Raducanu?
- Emma Raducanu initially made her WTA Tour main draw debut at the 2021 Nottingham Open. There, she achieved entry on a wildcard and made her main draw grand slam debut on a wildcard to the 2021 Wimbledon Championships as of June becoming the youngest British woman to reach the Wimbledon third round since Elena Baltacha in 2002.
- During the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, she competed and won over Vitalia Diatchenko, Markéta Vondroušová, and Sorana Cirstea to reach the fourth round becoming the youngest British woman to reach the last 16 in the Open Era, and guaranteeing herself a place in the top 200 in the WTA rankings when she moved up more the 150 places from her current ranking of World No 338.
- She became the fourth British teenager to make the Round of 16 at Wimbledon in the Open Era and, at 18 years and 239 days old, the youngest.
- She will face Ajla Tomljanovic in the fourth round on Monday (5th July 2021) which will surely be played on Centre Court.
- Her last WTA Tour event of 2021 was the Linz Open. She lost in her round of 16 matches against Wang Xinyu, in three sets.
- After finishing the 2021 WTA Tour at a career-high of world No. 19, she participated in an exhibition match against Elena-Gabriela Ruse at the Champions Tennis event in the Royal Albert Hall.
- She was scheduled to play Bencic in another exhibition at the Mubadala Championship but she withdrew after testing COVID positive. Moreover, she was set to start the season at the Melbourne Summer Set, but withdrew, citing her recent bout of COVID-19.
- She reached her career-high singles ranking of No. 18 on 10 January 2022 and made her Australian Open debut as the 17th seed.
- On 14 February 2022, she climbed to a new career-high singles ranking of 12.
- She entered the Miami Open but lost to Katerina Siniakova.
- In March she was announced on the British team for the Billie Jean King Cup qualifiers but was defeated by Markéta Vondroušová in her second match of the qualifying tournament.
- She entered her first Italian Open as the 10th seed.
- On her debut at the 2022 French Open, she won against first-time Grand Slam qualifier and fellow teenager Linda Nosková in the first round of the tournament.
- Career record: 51-16 (76.1%)
- Career titles: 0
- Highest ranking: No. 333 (9 March 2020)
- Current ranking: No. 338 (28 June 2021)
Grand Slam Singles results
- Wimbledon: 4R (2021)
Who is Emma Raducanu Boyfriend?
Emma Raducanu is an unmarried lady and she is still to get married. She is assumed to be single as of today. There is no news and rumors about her relationship, boyfriend, and dating history with anyone. Whereas she has uploaded photos with her long-time friends and one of her friend, Benjamin Heynold is rumored to be her present boyfriend. But they have not stated anything regarding their relationship. Also, she is a very secretive lady when it comes to her personal life. It seems that she is focusing on her professional career at present. Her sexual orientation is straight. She is currently residing in London, England.
How Rich is Emma Raducanu?
Emma Raducanu is a professional tennis player whose net worth is estimated to have between in the range of $5 Million - $10 Million in 2022. She has pocketed US$ 3,182,389 as prize money. She made her debut on the ITF Women's circuit in 2018 and secured her first title of the year in May at the $15,000 ITF Tiberias. She finished the season with a second $15,000 title in October at the ITF Antalya. She retired in the second round of the $25K Solapur Open. She won a $25K event in Pune, India, in December 2019. During the 2021 Wimbledon Championships, she has romped into the last 16 of Wimbledon. She has earned £181,000 this week more than six times her entire previous career earnings. She banked the biggest win of her young career and a £115,000 cheque to go with it. Her major source of wealth comes from her tennis career and she is satisfied with her earnings.
How tall is Emma Raducanu?
Emma Raducanu is a beautiful lady with an outstanding height of 1.75 m (5 ft 9 in) and her bodyweight measures 61 kg or 134.5 lbs. She has well-maintained her body a lot by doing frequent exercise. Her body type is athletic and her body slim. She has got attractive body measurements. Overall, she has a healthy body as of now. She is very conscious about her food intake. Her eye color is dark brown and her eye color is also dark brown.
Trivias About Emma Raducanu You Need To Know.
- Emma's present ranking is No. 338 as of 28th June 2021.
- She won three singles titles on the ITF Circuit.
- Her present coach is Andy Murray’s father-in-law Nigel Sears.
- She came from mixed ethnical background as she was born to a Romanian father and a Chinese mother.
- Her family moved to the United Kingdom when she was only two.
- She experienced her childhood in her hometown, London.