Facts About Enock Mwepu
|Celebrated Name||Enock Mwepu|
|Age||25 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Enock Mwepu|
|Birth Name||Enock Mwepu|
|Place Of Birth||Lusaka|
|Net Worth||$2.5 Million|
|Salary||Thousand of Dollar|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
Enock Mwepu is a Zambian former professional footballer who played as a midfielder. He started his football career in his native Zambia. He signed for Austrian club Red Bull Salzburg in 2017 before moving to join Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion in 2021. He has won 24 caps for the senior Zambia national team until now scoring six goals. He was the captain of the team and talisman in midfield and will be a huge miss to a nation that doesn’t produce star footballers that often. In October 2022, he was forced to retire following the discovery of a hereditary heart condition.
What is Enock Mwepu Known For?
- Enock Mwepu is a former professional footballer from Zambia.
- He is known for playing with the team NAPSA Stars, Kafue Celtic, Red Bull Salzburg, Liefering, and Brighton & Hove Albion.
What is Enock Mwepu Nationality?
Enock Mwepu was born on 1st January 1998 which makes him the present age of 24 as of 2022. He is from Lusaka, Zambia. He holds Zambian nationality and his ethnicity is Mixed. He was born to Robby Mwepu and Emmalle Mwepu as one of 6 kids. His younger brother Francisco Mwepu is also a professional footballer. Being stuck in poverty, the family found it so difficult to even have a meal of good food. His parents were farmers who failed to make enough income before moving to Lusaka. Because of their poor financial status, Enock couldn’t attend a good University, he attended a local school.
Enock Mwepu Football Career
- His career began with Kafue Celtic in Lusaka before being identified with the 2013 Airtel Rising Stars.
- During the 2015–16 season, he had little game time with the Power Dynamos football club of Copperbelt; this precipitated a move to NAPSA Stars at the end of the 2016 season.
Salzburg and loan to Liefering
- In June 2017, Mwepu joined Red Bull Salzburg and was loaned out to Salzburg's feeder club Liefering who plays in the Austrian Football First League.
- In his 2019-2020 season, he established himself amongst Salzburg's starting eleven.
- He next made his debut in the UEFA Champions League during a 4–3 loss to Liverpool at Anfield.
- He extended his contract with Salzburg until summer 2024 on 18th December 2019.
Brighton & Hove Albion
- He joined Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion on a four-year contract, for an undisclosed fee on 6th July 2021.
- He made his team debut on 14 August in the opening game of the 2021–22 season away at Burnley.
- He scored his first goal for The Seagulls on 27 October and he scored his first league goal for the Sussex side on 30th October.
- He had a slow start to 2022 and in general to his time in Sussex due to injury and illness.
- On his first start since his return from injury, he scored and made an assist for Trossard's opener in the 2–1 away win at Arsenal on 9 April, to help Brighton end their seven-match run without a victory.
- His debut season with The Seagulls was marred by injuries though he had made a positive impact and at the club's end-of-season awards, he won Goal of the Season for his strike at Liverpool in October.
- He managed to recover in time to appear as a substitute in the last game of the season, a 3–1 home victory over West Ham, with Brighton achieving their highest top-flight finish in ninth place.
- On 10 October 2022, he retired from professional football at the age of 24 after being diagnosed with a rare hereditary heart condition.
- In 2014, he was part of the Zambia national under-17 team that represented the country at the 2015 African U-17 Championship, where Zambia played Niger, Nigeria, and Guinea from group A.
- He is known for his versatility in the field of play as demonstrated at the 2017 Under-20 Africa Cup of Nations in Zambia, where he scored a goal and was among the best substitutes of the tournament.
- He scored his first international goal for Zambia in an AFCON Qualifier against Algeria on 2 September 2017 at the National Heroes Stadium in Lusaka, a match which Zambia won 3–1.
Enock Mwepu Transfer News
- Retired on 9 Oct 2022
- Brighton & Hove Albion on for the fee of 23M € on 5 Jul 2021
- Red Bull Salzburg on 30 Jun 2018
- FC Liefering on 30 Jun 2017
- Kafue Celtic FC on 31 Dec 2016 From Napsa Stars
Awards, Honours, and Achievements
Red Bull Salzburg
- Austrian Bundesliga: 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21
- Austrian Cup: 2018–19, 2019–20, 2020–21
- Africa U-20 Cup of Nations: 2017
- COSAFA U-20 Cup: 2016
- Brighton & Hove Albion Goal of the Season: 2021–22
Who is Enock Mwepu Wife?
Enock Mwepu is a married man. He tied the knot to his beautiful wife, Matilda Mwepu in January 2021. They are enjoying their present life happily. Their love bond is going strong with the passage of time. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How much is Enock Mwepu Net Worth?
Enock Mwepu is a former football player whose net worth is estimated to have around $2.5 million as of 2022. He earns £32,000 per week, £1,664,000 per year playing for Brighton. He made £223,600 in 2020, £223,600 in 2019, £223,600 in 2018 playing for RB Salzburg. Mwepu joined the Seagulls from Salzburg on a permanent transfer in 2021 for a rumored fee of 19.2 million pounds. His main source of wealth comes from his football career. He is living a modest lifestyle from his earnings. He is crazy about automobiles and already has a G-Wagon, and BMW, and has also gifted a fancy car to his wife.
How tall is Enock Mwepu?
Enock Mwepu is a handsome man who stands tall at the height of 6 feet tall. His body weight consists of 78 Kg. His body type is athletic. He is a fitness freak and he loves to maintain his body a lot. Overall, he has got a healthy body. His hair color is black and he has curly hair. He has a pair of black eyes. He doesn’t seem to fancy tattoos on his body and maybe in the future if his mind changes he might ink himself. In October 2022, Mwepu was forced to retire from football following the diagnosis of a hereditary heart condition.
Trivias About Enock Mwepu You Need To Know.
- Capricorn is his zodiac sign.
- He was born as one of six children to his parents.
- His playing position was Midfielder.
- He has played with five clubs at the senior level – NAPSA Stars, Kafue Celtic, Red Bull Salzburg, Liefering, Brighton & Hove Albion.
- He is from Lusaka, Zambia.