Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Position, Current Team, Transfer, Salary, Stats, Parents, Nationality, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Miss
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is a German-Cameroonian professional football player who plays as a forward or winger. He started his professional football career from Hamburger SV in 2007. He later played for 1.FC Nurnberg, Mainz 05, Schalke 04, and Stoke City before joining Paris Saint-Germain in 2018. He has won 2018-19 and 2019-20 Ligue 1 as well as 2019-20 Coupe de France with PSG.
On the international level, he represented his birth country at various age levels. He later chose Cameroon to represent on the senior international level through his Cameroonian father.
What is Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting Famous For?
- Won Fritz Walter Medal: U18 Silver Medal in 2007.
- Won 2018-19 and 2019-20 Ligue 1 with PSG.
Where is Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting From?
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting was born on 23 March 1989. His birth name is Jean-Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting. His birth place is in Altona, Hamburg in West Germany. He was born to a Cameroonian father and a German mother. His father's name is Just Moting. He belongs to African-European ethnicity. He has Cameroonian ancestry on his father's side and German ancestry on his mother's side. He has German as well as Cameroonian citizenship.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting Football Career
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting played youth football for Teotonia 05, Altona 93, and FC St. Pauli.
- He then joined the youth system of Hamburger SV in 2004.
- He played semi-professional football with Hamburger SV II in the Regional Nord from 2006 to 2011.
- He was called up to the club's first team in August 2007.
- He made his Bundesliga debut on 11 August 2007 against Hannover 96.
- He returned to Hamburger SV II for the 2008-09 season.
- After struggling to get playing chance with the first team, he was loaned to 1. FC Nurnberg in 2009.
- He scored 6 goals in 27 appearances and helped the club to return to Bundesliga.
- He returned to Hamburger for the 2010-11 season.
- He was linked with 1. FC Koln for a loan deal. However, the deal fell through after registration documents were faxed to the German Football Association too late.
- However, he was assigned to the club's reserves after scoring only 2 league goals in 10 appearances.
- He moved to 1. FSV Mainz 05 after he signed a 3-year contract on 18 May 2011. His transfer fee was not disclosed.
- He scored 10 Bundesliga goals in his first season at Mainz 05.
- He missed most of the 2012-13 season due to a knee injury.
- He scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for the club in 2013-14 season and helped the club to secure qualification to the UEFA Europa League.
- At the end of his contract, he decided not to renew his contract at the club.
- He then moved to Schalke 04 and signed a three-year contract with the club on 5 July 2014.
- He scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 win over VfB Stuttgart on 6 December 2014.
- He scored 22 goals in 106 appearances in all competitions during his 3-year contract at Schalke 04.
- He then moved to England, where he signed a 3-year contract with the Premier League club, Stoke City on 7 August 2017.
- He made his club debut on 12 August 2017 against Everton.
- He was named man of the match by BBC Sport after he scored both goals in a 2-2-draw against Manchester United on 9 September 2017.
- He scored goals for the club in his only season at the club. The club relegated to the EFL Championship at the end of the 2017-18 season.
- He then moved to Ligue 1, where he signed with the champion, Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer on 31 August 2018.
- He made his club debut on 18 September in a 3-2 loss against Liverpool in the Champions League.
- He made his Ligue 1 debut on 23 September 2018 against Rennes. He scored his debut PSG goal in the same match.
- His attempt to score a goal against Strasbourg on 7 April 2019 has been described as "one of the worst misses in the history of football". Teammate Christopher Nkunku's shot was about to cross the goal line, Choupo-Moting attempted to touch the ball and diverted the ball onto the near post and prevented a certain goal.
- He has already won the 2019-19 and 2019-20 Ligue 1 with PSG.
- He was also part of PSG that won the 2019-20 Coupe de France.
- He scored a winning goal in the injury time in a 2-1 win over Atalanta in the Champions League quarterfinal on 12 August 2020.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting International Career
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting represented his birth nation, Germany at age levels.
- He represented Germany at the 2008 UEFA European U19 Championship qualifiers as well as the 2011 UEFA European U21 Championship qualifier.
- However, he later chose his father's country Cameroon to represent on the senior level.
- He scored in debut senior international goal in a friendly match against Serbia on 5 June 2010.
- He represented Cameroon at the 2010 FIFA World Cup and the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- He announced in January 2017 that he would not play in the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations.
Who is Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting Married to?
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting is a married man. He is married to Nevin. The couple got married in 2013 and has a son named Liam Choupo-Moting, born on 17 October 2013. Not many details about his personal life are available.
How Tall is Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting?
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting stands at a height of 1.91 m i.e. 6 feet and 3 inches tall. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting Salary
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting earns from his professional career as a football player. His income comes from contracts, salaries, bonuses, and endorsements. Having started his professional career from Hamburger SV, he has played for several clubs in Europe: 1. FC Nurnberg, Mainz 05, Schalke 04, and Stoke City. He currently plays for the French club PSG. Information about his contract details is not available. Thus, it can not be determined how much salary does he have. Never the less, he surely earns a decent salary at PSG. His net worth is estimated at $5 million.
Trivias About Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting You Need To Know.
- He wears shirt number 17 at PSG.
- He attended Gymnasium Altona.
- He wore shirt number 13 at Schalke 04.