Facts About Eric Perkins
|56 Years Old
|Journalist , Reporter
|China, Hong Kong
|Place Of Birth
|Mary Jo Perkins
|2; Julie and Mark
|2; Maeve Julia Perkins
|Source of Wealth
|6 ft 4 in
Eric Perkins is an American Journalist as well as a Reporter. who is famous for being the broadcaster of KARE 11. He firstly joined KARE 11 team in November 1966. He is also well-recognized for being the son of Jack Perkins who was a News correspondent, anchorman, and commentator. As a sports reporter, Eric gained much attention with Perk at Play created in the winter of 1997. The hands-on segment gave Perk a chance to try everything. From ski-jumping to bullfighting, from driving a car in a demolition derby to playing baseball for the St. Paul Saints, just to name a few. The series even won several awards, including an Emmy. In addition, he was even awarded National Community Empowerment Award during his career time. After 25 years of time interval, he made the decision to leave KARE 11. After 25 years at Twin Cities NBC affiliate KARE 11, Eric Perkins said goodbye Sunday night (8th July 2021).
Why is Eric Perkins Leaving KARE 11?
The longtime broadcaster, KARE-11 sports anchor Eric Perkins has announced that he is leaving the station after 25 years. Eric Perkins reports from Hazeltine National Golf Club in Chaska in 2016. Erik announced that his final day at the station was on August 8; the final day of the Olympics. It rounded off 25 years in the job having started working at KARE in 1996 as a sports reporter. In a video posted to social media, Perkins explained his decision, calling the job a phenomenal opportunity: "I'm glad to have had it. But, I've had it and now I want something else. It's really that simple, there's no scandal here, there's no drama involved in this exit. "I just need a change. I want to grow and that hasn't been happening here for me lately. I want to extend myself again, I want to push myself again." Perkins also suggested that working from home for more than a year made him realize how much of his family's lives he has missed. He cited his schedule that has consistently involved working from 2 to 11:30 p.m. every weeknight and traveling on weekends during football season. "It's a lot," he said. "It's a lot on them, it's a lot on me and I don't want to continue with a schedule like that." "As for his future? "I honestly don't know," Perkins said.
What makes Eric Perkins so famous?
- Being an American media personality.
- Being a sports anchor for KARE 11.
- For his popular "Perk at Play" segments.
Who are the Parents of Eric Perkins?
Eric Perkins was born on October 14, 1966. His place of birth is in Hong Kong. However, he is a Los Angeles native. He is American by nationality and his ethnic background is American-White. His race is White. His Zodiac sign is Libra and he follows the Christianity religion. About his parents, he was born to his father, Jack Perkins, and his mother, Mary Jo Perkins. Additionally, he has two siblings namely Julie and Mark. By profession, his father was an NBC Nightly News correspondent, anchorman, commentator, as well as a one-time host of A&E's.
Moving towards his education, Eric Perkins attended and graduated from Pepperdine University majoring in broadcasting.
Eric Perkins Career Timeline
- Eric Perkins first joined KARE 11 team in November 1966.
- He gained a lot of attention with Perk at Play created in the winter of 1997.
- In 2012, he was named a weeknight sports anchor and sports director at KARE.
- Back then, he has also served as a sports anchor and reporter for WHBQ-TV for around three years.
- Furthermore, he was also a morning radio host for 96.3 K-TWIN.
- Surprisingly, he was a content contributor to AirVuz LLC and was also the host at 94.1 The Loon KKLN-FM.
- After 25 years of time interval, he made the decision to leave KARE 11.
- His last day on-air with KARE 11 was on 8th August 2021, the final night of the Tokyo Olympics.
Who is Eric Perkins Wife?
Eric Perkins is a married man. He tied a knot to his beautiful wife whose name goes by Shelly Perkins. The happily married couple is also blessed with three children; two daughters and a son. Their daughter Maeve Julia Perkins was born in June 2010. As of today, they are enjoying their life a lot fully with their kids. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Salary of Eric Perkins?
As of 2021, the net worth of Eric Perkins is estimated to have $1 Million whereas his basic salary is around $55K as per KARE 11 sports reporters. His major source of wealth comes from his journalism career along with his other investments. He is living a luxurious lifestyle as of today.
How tall is Eric Perkins?
Eric Perkins is a very handsome man. He has a tall height of 6 ft 4 in. His body weight consists of 83 Kg or 185 lbs with an average body type. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality attracting a lot of people towards him. His other body measurements are unavailable at a moment. He has a pair of brown eyes and his hair color is also brown.
Trivias About Eric Perkins You Need To Know.
- Eric Perkins firstly joined KARE 11 team in November 1966.
- He is the son of Jack Perkins who was a News correspondent, anchorman, and commentator.
- He gained much attention with Perk at Play created in the winter of 1997.
- He attended and graduated from Pepperdine University majoring in broadasting.
- Libra is his Zodiac Sign.