Last updated on August 12th, 2023 at 03:44 am
Facts About Eric Reid
|31 Years Old
|Eric Todd Reid
|Place Of Birth
|Baton Rouge, Louisiana
|Dutchtown High School
|Louisiana State University
|6 ft 1 in
|1: Leilani Reid
An American football safety who is currently playing for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL) is famed as Eric Todd Reid. He was selected by the San Francisco 49ers in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft, with whom he made a Pro Bowl. He also played college football for Louisiana State University (LSU) and has also received consensus All-American recognition. He plays in the Caroline Panthers by wearing the shirt number of 36 and in the position of Safety.
Gossips and Rumors
The Carolina Panthers hired free agent safety Eric Reid on Thursday. So there’s no need to praise the Panthers for making some kind of courageous decision by signing Reid. Starting safety Da’Norris Searcy, who’s suffered two concussions over a 30-day period, was placed on injured reserve. Carolina needed help in the secondary. The Panthers made a highly sensible football move. Reid should have been signed by someone months ago.
Early Life of Eric
On 10th December 1991, Eric was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He was born to Eric and Sharon Reid. his nationality is American.
Moving towards his education, he attended Dutchtown High School in Geismar, Louisiana, where he played football, basketball, and ran track. He was enrolled in Louisiana State University, where he played for coach Les Miles's LSU Tigers football team from 2010 to 2012.
Body features of Eric
Eric has got a very attractive body and with his charming smile, many followers got attracted toward him. He has got a tall height of 6 ft 1 in and has a balanced weight of 215 lb. He has got a balanced and healthy body. He maintained his body a lot.
Career of Eric
- Eric began the journey of his career by playing football from his high school. In football, he recorded 78 tackles, nine sacks, four interceptions, and three fumble recoveries as a junior.
- As a freshman in the year 2010, he played in 13 games with three starts in his college career where he finished the season with 32 tackles and two interceptions.
- He started his sophomore in the year 2011 where he recorded 76 tackles, two interceptions, and two forced fumbles and was named a second-team All-American by Rivals.com and was a second-team All-SEC selection by the Associated Press.
- In the year 2012, he was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American, having received first-team honors from the American Football Coaches Association, Football Writers Association of America, ESPN, and Scout.com, and second-team honors from the Associated Press, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Athlon Sports, CBSsports.com, and Sports Illustrated.
- After his college career, he came out for his professional career and later he received an invitation to the NFL combine and completed all of the required combine and positional drills.
- Then, the San Francisco 49ers selected him in the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He was signed on 5th July 2013 with a fee of $8.84 Million for a 4-year contract by this club.
- He made his professional debut for this club by playing against the Green Bay Packers where he recorded seven solo tackles, a pass deflection, and intercepted a pass attempt by Aaron Rodgers during the 34-28 victory.
- He was named the starting free safety to begin the 2014 season and started 2014 season by playing against the Dallas Cowboys where he recorded four combined tackles, deflected a pass, and intercepted a pass attempt by Tony Romo in the 28-17 victory.
- In the 2015 season, he was coached by Jim Tomsula and made his season debut against Seattle Seahawks with a losing score of 13-29.
- The San Francisco 49ers fired Jim Tomula after the 49ers finished with a 5-11 record.
- Later, the San Francisco 49ers made a fifth-year contract with Eric on 2nd May 2016 till 2017 season and made his season debut against Seattle Seahawks.
- On 5th November 2017, he recorded four combined tackles, deflected a pass, and intercepted a pass attempt by Arizona Cardinals quarterback Drew Stanton, as the 49ers lost 10-20 under the new coach of Kyle Shanahan.
- On 27th September 2018, after placing starting safety Da'Norris Searcy on injured reserve, the Carolina Panthers signed Reid to a one-year deal.
- Currently, he is playing for this team.
Net Worth of Eric
The net worth of this famous footballer who played Carolina Panthers is still to get unfold. He is earning a good amount of money from his work. He is satisfied with his earning. His exact salary is still to figure out yet and will be updated soon.
Affairs of Eric
Eric is a married man. He married with Jaid Reid, his wife in the year 2014. Presently, the couple is living a happy and peaceful life. There is no any sign of separation between them. The couple is also blessed with a single daughter named Leilani Reid.
Trivias About Eric Reid You Need To Know.
- He was a standout player at LSU, where he was an All-American in 2012 before being selected 18th overall in the 2013 NFL draft.
- He recorded interceptions in his first two NFL games, against Green Bay and Seattle.