Last updated on August 24th, 2023 at 05:53 am
Facts About Eric Swalwell
|Celebrated Name||Eric Swalwell|
|Age||42 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Eric Swalwell|
|Birth Name||Eric Michael Swalwell Jr|
|Place Of Birth||Sac City, lowa,U.S|
|Father||Eric Nelson Swalwell|
|Mother||Vicky Joe Swalwell|
|Married Date||October, 2016|
|Salary||$174K per year|
|Net Worth||$ 2 million|
|Height||6 feet 3 inches|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
Eric Michael Swalwell Jr. famed as Eric Swalwell is an American politician who serves as the U.S. Representative from California's 15 congressional districts since 2013. His district covers most of eastern Alameda County and part of central Contra Costa County. He was elected in November of the year 2012, by winning against incumbent Pete Stark, who had held the office since 1973. He took office on 3rd January 2013. He is also the member of the Democratic Party. For more information, read the biography below.
Eric Swalwell is the first Democrat to drop out of 2020 race
Eric Swalwell becomes the first candidate to drop out of the 2020 presidential primary race after failing to gain traction in the crowded Democratic primary. He canceled a 4th of July event last week, prompting questions over his candidacy. He is the second Democrat to drop out of the race, following former West Virginia State Sen. Richard Ojeda's brief entry into the presidential contest earlier this year, leaving the field at 23 candidates. During the first Democratic primary debate last week, the California Democrat took aim at former Vice President Joe Biden and other older Democratic candidates, as he said they need to "pass the torch" to a new generation of leadership. "We have to be honest about our own candidacy's viability," Swalwell told reporters at a press conference Monday. "Today ends our presidential campaign, but it is the beginning of an opportunity in Congress with a new perspective shaped by the lives that have touched me and my campaign over the past few months."
- Serving as a local appointee on Dublin commissions and served one term elected to the Dublin City Council.
- For his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination on April 8, 2019.
Early Life of Eric Swalwell
Eric Swalwell was born on 16th November 1980, in Sac City, Iowa. As of 2018, his age is 38. He was born to a father named Eric Nelson Swalwell and a mother named Vicky Joe Swalwell. His father was serving as police chief in Algona, Iowa. He holds American nationality and belongs to Caucasian ethnicity. His birth sign is Sagittarius. He was graduated from Wells Middle School, and then from Dublin High School in 1999. He attended Campbell University in North Carolina on a soccer scholarship from 1999 to 2001. He transferred to the University of Maryland, College Park, as a junior. He completed his bachelor's degree in government and politics at Maryland in 2003. He enrolled at the University of Maryland School of Law and earned his Juris Doctor in 2006.
Body Measurements of Eric Swalwell
Being at the age of 28, Eric Swalwell still looks very young with a charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. Talking about his height and weight, he is 6 feet 3 inches tall with a balanced body weight of 194 lbs. His hair color is Light Brown and his eyes are Hazel color. Unfortunately, his other body measurements such as shoe size, bicep size and more have not been disclosed yet but it will be added soon.
Career of Eric Swalwell
- Eric interned for Ellen Tauscher in the United States House of Representatives in 2001 and 2002.
- He focused on legislative research and constituent outreach and services.
- He filed to run for Congress in the 15th district of California on September 2011.
- He was endorsed by the San Francisco Chronicle in November 2012 general election.
- He was sworn into his first term in the House on January 3, 2013.
- He introduced the Philippines Charitable Giving Assistance Act into the House on 12th December 2013.
- He was challenged in 2014 by Republican Hugh Bussell.
- He was sworn into his second term on January 3, 2015.
- He joined with Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) to launch the bipartisan Sharing Economy Caucus in 2015.
- He was challenged in 2016 by Republican Danny Reid Turner of Livermore.
- He was named the co-chair of Democratic Steering and Policy Committee, serving with Rosa DeLauro.
- He was sworn into his third term on January 3, 2017.
- He was challenged in 2018 by Republican Rudy Peters of Livermore.
- He was sworn into his fourth term on 3rd January 2019.
- Eric announced his candidacy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on 8th April 2019.
- Also, he released a campaign ad announcing his campaign on his social media pages.
- He made a formal announcement at Dublin High School on 14th April 2019.
- He withdrew from the race for the Democratic nomination on 8th July 2019.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children
Eric Swalwell is a married person and he has married twice till now. He and his first wife are divorced. He married his second wife named Brittany Ann Watts. His wife Brittany is a sales director at the Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay in October 2016. The couple has a son named Eric Nelson Swalwell and a daughter named Kathryn Watts Swalwell. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any sign of divorce and disturbances. The couple seems to be very romantic to each other and supports well for each other. The couple is often spotted in the public places holding hands. They are enjoying their life a lot.
Net Worth of Eric Swalwell
Eric Swalwell is a very famous politician and he has gained a lot of fame and money from this career. Many people want to know the net worth of Eric Swalwell. Here, the estimated net worth of Eric is $2 million as of 2019 and his salary is $174 K per year. He is earning a huge amount of money from his career and there is no doubt that he is satisfied with his earnings. Moreover, he also earns a lot of money from other sources as well.