Erik Durm - Bio, Net Worth, Family, Age, Facts, Awards, Career, Height
Erik Durm is a versatile German professional footballer who plays as a full-back for 2. Bundesliga club Kaiserslautern. He joined Borussia Dortmund in 2013 and became a member of the German national team in 2014. He won a World Cup with Germany shortly after joining the squad. He started his youth career with SG Rieschweiler in 1997. Erik debuted professionally for 1. FSV Mainz 05's B squad in 2010. His popular _erik37durm Instagram page where he has gained more than 334K followers features photos of him not only playing soccer but also training for the sport. Additionally, Durm moved to Kaiserslautern on 22nd June 2022.
Erik Durm Famous For
- Being a German professional footballer.
- For playing as a full-back for 2. Bundesliga club Kaiserslautern.
Where is Erik Durm from?
Erik Durm was born on 12th May 1992 in Pirmasens, Germany. He is German by nationality and German-white by ethnicity. Similarly, his religion is Christian and his race is white. Erik's present age is 30 which he celebrated recently in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Taurus. His father is Thomas Durm and his mother is Christine Durm.
Erik Durm's football career
- Erik Durm jumps off his football career in 1998 at the academy of SG Rieschweiler, before joining the academy of 1. FC Saarbrucken in 2008 where he became youth league top scorer of the 2009-2010 season with 13 goals.
- Then he was enrolled at the academy of 1. FSV Mainz 05 won the 2010-2011 Youth Federation Cup in Germany and Durm debuted and played his only game of the 2010-2011 season for the second team of 1. FSV Mainz 05 on 4th December 2010 against SV Elversberg in the German Regionalliga.
- He succeeded to the second team of 1. FSV Mainz 05 and scored seven goals in 1. FSV Mainz 05 II's and his first 10 games in the 2011-2012 season.
- FSV Mainz 05 and Borussia Dortmund offered Erik a professional contract, but he declined the offer from 1. FSV Mainz 05 to sign with BVB.
- Erik signed a contract with Borussia Dortmund until June 2014 and Durm was inducted into Borussia Dortmund II competing in the German third league in the 2012-2013 season.
- He made his professional football debut in a game for Borussia Dortmund II against VfL Osnabruck in the 2012-2013 3. Liga season, on 21st July 2012.
- On 10th August 2013, he debuted for BVB in the Bundesliga; coming on in the 87th minute for Robert Lewandowski as a substitute in BVB's 4-0 win over FC Augsburg.
- He also debuted in the UEFA Champions League on 1 October 2013 in a 3-0 victory over French club Olympique Marseille.
- He came on as a substitute in the 2014 DFL-Supercup at the start of the 2014-2015 season and scored his first Bundesliga goal in a 2-0 victory over Hertha Berlin on 9th May 2015.
- It was announced on 13th July 2018 that Erik had completed a transfer to Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee. He signed a one-year contract, with the club having the option to extend for a further year.
- Erik Durm joined the Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt on a four-year contract on 3rd July 2019.
- Erik moved to Kaiserslautern on 22nd June 2022.
- Erik Durm played in 2011 for both the German under-19 team and the German under-20 team, and he debuted for the under-19 team on 31st May 2011 in a 3-0 victory against Hungary and scored two goals.
- He debuted for the German under-20 team against Poland on 12th November 2011 as well as he debuted for the German under-21 team on 13th August 2013, in a 0-0 draw against France.
- He debuted for the German senior team in a 2-2 draw against Cameroon at the Borussia Park in Monchengladbach on 1st June 2014.
- As well, he was named in Germany's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup as the team won the tournament with Durm as an unused substitute for all of the games.
Awards and Achievements
- DFB-Pokal: 2016-2017
- DFL-Supercup: 2013, 2014
- UEFA Europa League: 2021-22
- FIFA World Cup: 2014
- Eintracht Frankfurt on 03/07/2019 for free
- Huddersfield Town on 13/07/2018 for free
- Borussia Dortmund on 28/08/2013
- Borussia Dortmund II on 01/07/2012 for free
- 1. FSV Mainz 05 II on 01/07/2011 From FSV Mainz 05 U19
Is Erik Durm in a relationship?
Erik Durm is an unmarried footballer. However, as he likes to keep his private life out of social media, he has not disclosed any details about his relationship. Respecting his decision, it can be said that Erik is currently living a single life. Concerning his sexual orientation, he is straight.
How much is Erik Durm's net worth?
Erik Durm has a net worth of $1.5 million as of 2022 whereas he has also a handsome amount of salary which is around €1,500,000 per year. Erik has accomplished heights in his career that normally take an individual a lifetime to achieve. His major source of income is his football career and he is sincere in his work.
How tall is Erik Durm?
Erik Durm is 6 ft 0 in / 183 cm tall and his body weighs around 159 lb / 72 kg. He has light brown hair and eye color. Moreover, his body build type is athletic.
Trivias About Erik Durm You Need To Know.
- He won a World Cup with Germany shortly after joining the squad.
- He joined Borussia Dortmund in 2013 and became a member of the German national team in 2014.
- He began his youth career with SG Rieschweiler in 1997.
- He debuted professionally for 1. FSV Mainz 05's B squad in 2010.
- He and Julian Draxler became teammates on the German national team.