Facts About Esther Salas
|54 Years Old
|Place Of Birth
|Monterey Park, California
|Best Known For
|United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
|Mark A. Anderl
|Daniel Anderl(killed at age of 20)
|Emerson High School
|College / University
|Rutgers University School of Law
|Juris Doctor Degree
Esther Salas is an American District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey sitting in Newark, New Jersey. Previously, Salas served as a United States Magistrate Judge of the same court from 2006 until her confirmation as a district judge in 2011. Salas is even the first Hispanic woman to serve as a United States Magistrate Judge and as a United States District Judge in the District of New Jersey.
On July 19, 2020, an assailant entered Salas' New Jersey home on Sunday afternoon, wearing a FedEx delivery uniform, that killed the jurist’s son, Daniel Anderl, 20, and left her husband, Mark Anderl badly injured while Salas was unharmed. Following day, 72-year-old attorney Roy Den Hollander, who was identified as the "primary subject" in the attack against Salas' family, was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in Liberty, New York, in upstate Sullivan County.
What is Esther Salas Famous for?
- Famous as the United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Where was Esther Salas Born?
Esther Salas was born on December 29, 1968, in Monterey Park, California, United States. Her birth name is Esther Salas. Salas belong to Hispanic ethnicity while Capricorn is her zodiac sign.
Salas was born as the daughter of a Cuban Catholic mother and a Mexican Jewish father. When Salas was just 5, along with her mother, Aurelia Salas, and her siblings, she moved to Union City, New Jersey. After shifting, she lost contact with her father and grew up translating for her mother at the welfare office, and later helping friends with various problems facing their lives.
Her early activities helped her to lead a career focused on human services. Salas attended Emerson High School in Union City, during which she was a cheerleader as well. After graduating from high school in 1987, she attended Rutgers University and got involved in clubs and several activities.
Later, in 1991, she graduated from Rutgers and then joined Rutgers University School of Law in Newark, where she got graduated earning a Juris Doctor Degree in 1994.
Judge Esther Salas
- Esther Salas began her career initially serving as a law clerk to Eugene J. Codey Jr., of the Superior Court of New Jersey following her graduation.
- In 1995, she began working for Garces & Grabler, P.C., or 2 years till 1997, during which she practiced criminal matters in superior and municipal courts.
- Shortly after, she began serving as an Assistant Federal Public Defender for the District of New Jersey, for 9 years till 2006.
- Salas served as president of the Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey from 2001 to 2002 and also as president of the Hispanic Bar Foundation of New Jersey.
- In 2006, Salas got selected as U.S. Magistrate Judge for the District of New Jersey, which she served for 5 years.
- On December 1, 2010, then-president Barack Obama nominated her to a vacant seat of federal district judge (trial judge). On June 14, 2011, she became the first Latina on the District Court of New Jersey confirmed her by voice vote.
- Salas presided over a criminal case against the former chief information technology officer for the office of Dawn Zimmer in 2013.
- She was also the judge responsible for the trial of Real Housewives of New Jersey star Teresa Giudice and her husband, Giuseppe "Joe" Giudice.
Esther Salas Husband
Esther Salas is a married woman. Salas is married to Mark A. Anderl, who is a criminal defense attorney and former Essex County assistant prosecutor. The couple together had a son named Daniel Anderl, who was killed on July 19, 2020, after he got shot on his heart while an assailant entered Salas' New Jersey home on Sunday afternoon, wearing a FedEx delivery uniform.
On the encounter, her husband, Mark was badly injured while Esther was unharmed because she was in the basement at the time of the shooting.
Esther Salas's Net Worth
Esther Salas has quite great earnings from her professional career as a judge. Having been in the field of the law and serving as District Judge of the United States District Court of New Jersey, Salas has managed to amass a healthy fortune from her over 9 years of work. Her net worth is estimated to be around $5 million.
Esther Salas's Height
Esther Salas is a beautiful lady in her 50s. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 6inch.(1.68m) while 60kg(132 lbs) is her body weight.
Trivias About Esther Salas You Need To Know.
- Salas is the first Hispanic woman to serve as a United States Magistrate Judge.
- On July 19, 2020, an assailant entered Salas' New Jersey home on Sunday afternoon, which ended up with the death of his 20 years old son, Daniel.