Facts About Everson Griffen
|Celebrated Name||Everson Griffen|
|Age||35 Years Old|
|Nick Name||The Freak|
|Birth Name||Everson Griffen|
|Place Of Birth||Avondale, Arizona|
|High School||Agua Fria High School|
|University||USC Trojans football of the University of Southern California|
|Awards||Second-team All-Pro and more|
|Son||Greyson, Ellis and Sebastian|
|Net Worth||$30 Million|
|Source of Wealth||NFL Career|
|Height||6 ft 3 in or 1.91 m|
|Weight||273 lbs or 124 KG|
|Current Team||Minnesota Vikings|
Everson Griffen is an American footballer who is currently playing for the Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL). His playing position is defensive end. He was selected by the Vikings in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft and played for them for 10 seasons before signing with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020. Then, he was traded to the Lions later that year, then re-signed with the Vikings in August 2021. He played football at Agua Fria Hgh School and the USC Trojans football of the University of Southern California. His shirt number for his current team, Minnesota Vikings is 97. He is nicknamed "The Freak".
What is Everson Griffen Famous For?
- Being the player for the National Football League for the Minnesota Vikings.
- Being named four times in the Pro Bowl Team since 2010.
Where is Everson Griffen From? Know About His Family, Nationality, and Ethnicity
Everson Griffen was brought into this world by his parents on 22nd December 1987. He is from Avondale, Arizona, the USA. Thus, he holds American nationality but he belongs to an African-American ethnicity/tribe. His race is black. Back in 2020, he celebrated his 33rd birthday with his close ones. He is the son of Sabrina Scott (mother) and her former husband. He has not shared much about his parents and sibling's detail with the media. Capricorn is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
About his education, Griffen went to Agua Fria High School located in Avondale Arizona. There, he played as a defensive lineman and running back for the Owls high school football team. He rushed for 794 yards on 142 carries for eight touchdowns and had 12 receptions for 168 yards and one 71-yard reception as a junior. He recorded 77 tackles, 16 sacks, and a fumble recovery as a defensive end and ran for 1,251 yards on 159 carries (7.9 avg.) with 20 touchdowns and had 6 receptions with 2 touchdowns as a running back as a senior. He attended the 2005 Arizona summer camp, where he ran a 4.46-second 40-yard dash at 6-foot-4 and about 260 pounds, which earned him the nickname "The Freak" and led to comparisons to All-Pro defensive end Jevon Kearse. Then, he was selected to play in the 2007 U.S. Army All-American Bowl. He then committed to the Trojans on 24th November 2006. In 2007, appearing in all 13 games (2 starts), he totaled 21 tackles, including 5.5 for losses of 30 yards (all were sacks), two forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, and two pass deflections. He became the first USC true freshman to start an opener on the defensive line in 21 seasons. In his sophomore year in 2008, he was USC's pass rush specialist as a backup defensive end. For the Trojans, he compiled 18 tackles, including 6 for losses of 43 yards (with 4.5 sacks for minus 39 yards). He finished the 2009 season with 45 total tackles, eight sacks, one pass defended, and one forced fumble.
Everson Griffen Professional Career Timeline
- Everson Griffen's professional career began after he was selected by the Minnesota Vikings with the second pick in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft, becoming the 100th player selected overall.
- He finished his rookie year playing the final 11 games with 11 tackles, all of them solo.
- In his 2011 season, he played in all of 16 games for the Vikings helping the Vikings special teams unit set a team record with a 26.9 kickoff return average for the season and tied for first in the NFL with four kickoff returns of +50 yards.
- He grabbed his first career sack in the game against Tampa Bay in Week 2.
- In his 2012 season, he posted five sacks, one interception returned for a touchdown, and 16 quarterback hurries in the final seven games.
- He scored his first career touchdown on his first career interception, against the St. Louis Rams taking to the house a Sam Bradford pass 29 yards for the score in a key victory for the Vikings' playoff chances.
- In 2013, he played in all 16 games with no starts.
- He then finished the 2013 season with 5.5 sacks, including 2.5 in the final two games of the regular season. He ended the season with 27 tackles (18 solos), 5.5 sacks, and a forced fumble.
- He re-signed with the Vikings on a five-year contract worth $42.5 million, including $20 million guaranteed on 9th March 2014.
- He started all 16 games after entering the season with one start in his first four seasons with the Vikings.
- He ended his breakout season with 57 combined tackles (41 solo), one forced fumble, one blocked punt for a touchdown, three passes defensed, and a career-best 12 sacks.
- He ended his second year (2015) as a starter tied for fourth in the NFC and twelfth in the league with 10.5 sacks.
- On 14th January, he was picked to take the place of Houston's defensive end J. J. Watt in the 2016 NFL Pro Bowl, marking his first career invitation to the annual showcase game in Hawaii.
- He finished the 2016 season with 48 total tackles, 22 quarterback hits, eight sacks, one pass defensed, and two forced fumbles.
- He was ranked 92nd by his peers on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2017.
- He signed a four-year, $58 million contract extension ($34 million guaranteed) with the Vikings through the 2022 season on 26th July 2017.
- On 19th December 2017, he was named to his third straight Pro Bowl.
- He was ranked #19 by his fellow players on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2018.
- He played in 11 games in the 2018 season and finished his season with 5.5 sacks, 33 total tackles, five quarterback hits, and one pass defensed.
- On 21st January 2020, he was named to the 2020 Pro Bowl to replace Nick Bosa since the latter's team (San Francisco 49ers) made it to Super Bowl LIV.
- He opted out of his contract on 20th February 2020, making him a free agent at the start of the new league year on March 18.
- Then, he signed a one-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys on 16th August 2020.
- He recorded his first sack with the Cowboys on Matt Ryan late in the fourth quarter to help the team rally from a nine-point deficit and win 40–39 in Week 2 against the Atlanta Falcons.
- He made seven appearances (no starts), 20 tackles (at the time tied for ninth on the team), 2.5 sacks (at the time second on the team), one tackle for loss, and 12 quarterback pressures (at the time third on the team).
- The Cowboys traded Griffen to the Lions on 27th October 2020.
- He was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list by the team on December 12, 2020, and activated on December 23.
- He registered 2 starts in 7 games, 13 tackles (4 for loss), 3.5 sacks, 8 quarterback hits and 3 passes defensed.
- He next signed a deal with the Minnesota Vikings on 23rd August 2021. He re-signed with the team on 2nd September 2021.
- Sadly, Griffen September 18 after crashing his car while swerving to avoid a deer in the road. He was subsequently ruled out for week 2.
Everson Griffen Awards and Achievements
- Second-team All-Pro (2017)
- 4× Pro Bowl (2015–2017, 2019)
- Second-team All-Pac-10 (2009)
- Pac-10 Defensive Freshman of the Year (2007)
- USA Today High School All-American (2006)
Everson Griffen NFL Career Stats as of Week 11 in 2021
- Total tackles: 403
- Sacks: 85.5
- Forced fumbles: 10
- Fumble recoveries: 6
- Interceptions: 2
- Pass deflections: 20
- Defensive touchdowns: 2
Who is Everson Griffen Wife?
Everson Griffen is a married man. He married his beautiful wife, Tiffany Brandt in the year 2014. He is also the proud father to her three children; sons. Their oldest son, Greyson, was born in 2013 and their second son, Ellis, was born in 2015. Their third and youngest son, Sebastian Gregory, was born on November 23, 2017. Today, the duo is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. As per his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Everson Griffen Net Worth: How much is he making annually?
Everson Griffen is a professional American footballer whose net worth is estimated to be above $30 Million as of 2021. He has made this fortune through his successful career in the NFL which is his main source of wealth. He extended his contract with the Vikings in 2014 on a five-year contract worth $42.5 million, including $20 million guaranteed. In 2017, he signed a four-year, $58 million contract extension ($34 million guaranteed) with the Vikings through the 2022 season. Then, he signed a one-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020 at an undisclosed fee. Again, he signed a deal with the Minnesota Vikings in 2021. His present annual salary is $1,075,000 from his current team. He has made $850,000 cap hit till now. He is living a lavish lifestyle from his earnings.
Everson Griffen Height and Weight: How tall is he?
Everson Griffen is a handsome footballer with an athletic body type. As a sportsman, he has a perfect height of 6 ft 3 in or 1.91 m matching with his body weight of 273 lbs or 124 KG. He has a pair of black eyes and he has short black hair. He has also inked a tattoos on his body. Back on 20th September 2018, Griffen and his agent were sent a letter from the Minnesota Vikings, stating that he would not be allowed back with the team until he underwent a mental health evaluation. On 22nd September, he was involved in an incident at Hotel Ivy where he had allegedly threatened to shoot someone because he was not allowed in his room. On 25th September 2018, it was revealed that Griffen was taken to the hospital for a mental health evaluation. On 24th November 2021, he locked himself in his home with a .45 Caliber pistol stating "I'm in my house. N----- trying to pop me." He came out around 2:30 pm without incident.
Everson Griffen exits home without incident following a 911 call
The Minnesota Vikings announced Wednesday afternoon that defensive end Everson Griffen peacefully exited his home without incident and was receiving care after police and team mental health professionals responded to a 911 call made by Griffen on Wednesday morning. Local police had spent a large portion of the day working with Griffen to get him to leave his home after responding to Griffen's call, in which he said there was an intruder inside of his home and that he needed help. Griffen also told police during the call that he had fired a weapon, but that no one was injured. "Law enforcement agencies have notified us Everson Griffen came out of his home without incident and is now getting the care he needs," the Vikings said in a statement. "We are thankful to the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, the Carver County Sheriff's Office, the Minnetrista Police Department and the Orono Police Department for their quick response and dedication to ensuring the situation ended peacefully. Our focus remains on Everson's health and safety and providing the proper resources for him and his family." Griffen recently had posted a series of social media posts in which he could be seen brandishing a firearm and stating that people "were trying to pop me." According to police, authorities were unable to locate an intruder at Griffen's residence. Back in 2018, Griffen took a five-game leave of absence from the Vikings due to a mental health-related issue.
Trivias About Everson Griffen You Need To Know.
- Everson Griffen is playing for the Minnesota Vikings as a defensive end.
- He was selected by the Vikings in the fourth round of the 2010 NFL Draft and played for them for 10 seasons before signing with the Dallas Cowboys in 2020
- He played football at Agua Fria Hgh School and the USC Trojans football of the University of Southern California.
- His shirt number for his current team, Minnesota Vikings is 97.
- Capricorn is his Zodiac sign.