Felipe Caicedo - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Salary, Current Team, Position, Contact, Family Life, Married, Wife, Height, Parents, Nationality, Facts, Wiki
Felipe Salvador Caicedo Corozo famed as Felipe Caicedo is an Ecuadorian professional footballer who is playing for the current team, Italian club Lazio. His playing position is Striker. His initial career began with the team Basel after spending his youth career with Barcelona SC and Rocafuerte. After that, his career began with Manchester City and then loan to Sporting CP, Loan to Malaga, Loan to Levante, Lokomotiv Moscow, Al-Jazira, Espanyol. Felipe has represented Ecuador at the Copa America in 2007 and 2011 as per his international career. Additionally, he has also represented at the 2014 World Cup for his birth country, Ecuador. He is also Ecuador's fifth highest goalscorer of all-time with 23 goals to his name.
Lazio Striker Felipe Caicedo Not on the Transfer List
Lazio striker Felipe Caicedo has not been placed on the transfer list and is not expected to leave the club in this month's transfer window, according to a report from Italian journalist Nicolo Schira on Twitter yesterday. The report details how the 32-year-old Ecuadorian striker, who is contracted to the Biancocelesti until 2022, has been heavily linked with a move to Fiorentina over the last few weeks, in part due to his low amount of playing time and the signing of Kosovan forward Vedat Muriqi.
- Being a footballer for Italian club Lazio.
- Being recognized for his striking capability and accuracy.
- He was described by his manager as "one of the great South American talents" and was also compared to the Brazilian Adriano.
What is Felipe Caicedo Nationality?
Felipe Caicedo was born on 5th September 1988 with the birth name/full name/real name of Felipe Salvador Caicedo Corozo in Guayaquil, Ecuador. As of 2020, he celebrated his 32nd birthday (age). He holds Ecuadorian nationality and his ethnic background is Ecuadorian-Black. His race is Black. Virgo is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Christian. Concerning his education, he attended Cambridge International College. Details about his parents & siblings information have not been publicized yet.
For which team, Felipe Caicedo is playing for?
- Felipe's career began with the football team Basel during the Swiss 2005-2006 season for an undisclosed fee. At that time, he was only seventeen years old.
- During the season 2006-2007 season, he played 20 games for the team.
- He then left the team, Basel to join the team Manchester City as the team had secured Caicedo's services on a four-and-a-half-year deal through a £5.2 million transfer fee (€7 million), which would make his sale one of the highest transfers in the history of the Swiss Super League. It was announced on 31st January 2008.
- For the team, Manchester City, he made his debut match on 10th February 2008 against Manchester United.
- He scored his very first goal for the team in a UEFA Cup game against Racing de Santander and scored the second goal against West Bromwich Albion.
- During the 2009-2010 season, he was tipped to leave City. Thus, Manchester City reached an agreement over an initial one-year loan with an option of a permanent deal on 23rd July 2009.
- For the team, he made his debut match against Braga on 22nd August 2009.
- He missed games for 3 weeks as he suffered a stretched ligament injury.
- Málaga CF and Hull City amongst them. On 8th January 2010, he decided to join Malaga on loan, rejecting an offer from Hull City. He scored his very first La Liga goal against Racing de Santander on 14th February 2010.
- After that, he completed a loan move to freshly promoted Levante UD for the 2010-2011 season.
- He scored his 13th league goal of a successful campaign against FC Barcelona on 11th May.
- Later, the team, Levante signed Caicedo for £880,000 on 29th June 2011.
- In his move, it was revealed that Levante would cash in by selling Caicedo for a large profit in the summer because the club was in debt, owing €12 million ($17 million) a year in repayments. This led to Caicedo quoting: "At €1 million, I am cheap, very cheap. Very, very, very cheap. He is a bargain, but only for Levante."
- He then signed a four-year contract with Lokomotiv Moscow on 25th July 2011 for a fee of €7.5 Million. He then made his team debut on 14th August 2011 against the Volga.
- He scored his first goal against Kuban Krasnodar on 28th August 2011.
- During the Europa League, he made his debut in the Play-off round against Spartak Trnava on 25th August 2011.
- He then joined Al-Jazira in the year 2014 and later terminate the contract.
- He next signed for La Liga club, Espanyol on 15th July 2014.
- After then, he was signed by Lazio for €2.5 Million on 2nd August 2017 and made his league debut on 20th August against SPAL.
- With the team, he won two Italian Supercup titles (2017, 2019) and one Coppa Italia (2018-2019).
- During the 2019-2020 season, Lazio became the club for which he played the most in his carrier.
- Moving towards his international career, he scored his winning goal against England's U-21 team on 10th February 2009.
- On 21st March 2013, following the words of Agustín Castillo, the coach of El Salvador, that the current Ecuador team is the "best Ecuador of the history", Caicedo scored twice against El Salvador.
- In September 2017, he announced his retirement from the national team after manager Gustavo Quinteros was sacked.
Felipe Caicedo Awards, Achievements & Honours
- Coppa Italia: 2018-2019
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2017, 2019
Who is Felipe Caicedo Wife?
Moving towards the personal life of Felipe Caicedo, he is a married man. He married his beautiful wife, Maria Garcia in the year 2015. By profession, Maria is an Instagram star. The duo is also blessed with a kid, a daughter named Noa Caicedo Garcia. As of now, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Felipe Caicedo?
Felipe Caicedo is a professional footballer who has made a huge amount of money until now. He started his football journey in the 2005-2006 season and he is still active in the field. As of 2020, the net worth Felipe is estimated to have $3 Million. His major source of wealth comes from his football career. His exact salary is still to get unfold yet as he has not mentioned anything about his career earnings neither any sources have revealed about it. On 31st January 2008, it was announced that Manchester City had secured Caicedo's services on a four-and-a-half-year deal through a £5.2 million transfer fee (€7 million), which would make his sale one of the highest transfers in the history of the Swiss Super League. On 25th July 2011, he signed a four-year contract with Lokomotiv Moscow for a fee of €7.5 million and was handed the number 25 jersey. On 2nd August 2017, Caicedo was signed by Lazio for €2.5million. As of today, he is living a cool lifestyle from his football career.
How tall is Felipe Caicedo?
Handsome Ecuadorian footballer's body build is athletic. He stands tall at the height of 6 ft. He has a pair of black eye color and his hair color is also black. His face color is dark brown. His hair type is curly. His balanced weight consists of 81 KG. His other body details such as biceps size, waist size, & more have not been revealed yet. He maintains his body a lot by doing frequent exercises.
Trivias About Felipe Caicedo You Need To Know.
- His initial career began with the team Basel after spending his youth career with Barcelona SC and Rocafuerte.
- He is Ecuador's fifth highest goalscorer of all-time with 23 goals to his name.
- He holds Ecuadorian nationality.
- He married his beautiful wife, Maria Garcia.
- His face color is dark brown.