Felipe Lopez - Bio, Felipe, Caballero, Net Worth, Wife, NBA, Basketball, Baseball, Stats, 30 for 30, The Dominican Dream, Documentary, Age, Height
Felipe Lopez is a Dominican retired professional basketball player from Santiago, Dominican Republic. At the 'Celebs Trend Now', He is ranked among the most popular celebrities. Lopez started his basketball career in the United States. He also played his game with the National Basketball Association (NBA) along with the Continental Basketball Association (CBA) in the U.S. Read on to learn intriguing facts about the player.
What is Felipe Lopez famous for?
- The NBA retired professional basketball player from Santiago, Dominican Republic.
Felipe Shares His Story Through New Documentary
Everyone wants to know about the continuation of Felipe Lopez’s life success story. The documentary will detail Lopez's journey from a young boy in the Dominican Republic, to prep school standout whose games drew capacity crowds, to his career at St. John's to his tenure in the NBA and beyond.
In fact, it’s still being written, as he promotes The Dominican Dream, a documentary of his heartbreak and triumph directed by Jonathan Hock, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on April 27.
“I’m so grateful,” said a smiling Lopez (now an NBA Cares Ambassador) seated in room 214 of the Roxy Hotel in Tribeca 24 hours before the premiere. “This film tells a story about my career, but I felt like telling the story because of how it was gonna be able to impact and educate people in so many different angles.”
For Lopez, and for Hock, that’s the point: Nuance and grey area when it comes to what we determine successfully. Open-Mindedness is required for the film, which will debut nationally on ESPN Tuesday (April 30) at 9 pm ET.
Where is Felipe Lopez born?
Back to his early life, Felipe was born in Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic. His nationality is Dominican and belongs to the black ethnic group. His birth name is Luis Felipe Lopez. He is Christian by religion and his birth sign is Capricorn.
His father played amateur baseball in the Dominican Republic. His family settled in the US at the age of 14 years. There is no other information about his parents and siblings on the internet.
Concerning his education, he attended Rice High School in New York City and later attended St. John's college (1994-1998).
When did Felipe Lopez pursue his basketball career?
- Felipe began his basketball career since his high school and college.
- Later, he followed New York high school players Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Lew Alcindor) and Dean Meminger in becoming one of the most highly touted recruits in U.S. high school history.
- He made many All-American lists in 1994, earning Player of the Year honours from Gatorade, USA Today, Parade, and many others.
- Later, he began with an appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated before he played one college game.
- He appeared with Jim Brown and Jackie Joyner-Kersee at a conference along with then-President Bill Clinton.
- He then finished his freshman season for the newly named St. John's Red Storm by averaging 17.8 points per game, earning a spot on the All-Big East Rookie Team and All-Big East Third Team in the process.
- He finished his career with 1,927 points, placing him fourth all-time in St. John's history and sixth in Big East history with 1,222 conference points, while also ranking seventh all-time in steals, 14th in assists, and 20th in rebounds.
- He also holds the St. John's record for most three-pointers made in a single season (60) and in a career (148).
- He was then selected by the San Antonio Spurs with the 24th pick in the 1998 NBA draft and later traded to the Vancouver Grizzlies.
- He played 112 games for the Grizzlies before being traded to the Washington Wizards.
- He went on to sign as a free agent with both the Minnesota Timberwolves and Dallas Mavericks but he never played a regular season game for the Mavs.
- He then trained with the Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Clippers in the first months of the 2005-2006 NBA season before signing a contract with Lleida.
- He also holds career NBA averages of 5.8 points, 2.4 rebounds and one assist per game. He was known as the "Spanish Michael Jordan". As of now, he has been a broadcaster with Spanish-language networks.
What is the marital status of Felipe Lopez?
According to some online websites, they elaborate Felipe Lopez was a married man but he has not revealed anything about his wife and children. This is not exact information regarding his personal life, it is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
How much is Felipe Lopez net worth?
The retired basketball player must assume the sum of a good amount of money from his basketball career. There is not enough information about his salary, income, cars, lifestyles, but according to some online sources, his estimated net worth is somewhere around $9 million USD, as of 2019.
How tall is Felipe Lopez?
Observing his body statistics, He has an athletic body build with a height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs around 98 kg. Similarly, His eyes and hair colour is black and biceps size is 24 inches. His other body information was not disclosed yet. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.