Fidel Castro - Bio, Net Worth, Death, Cause of Death, Known for, Age, Facts, Wiki, Wife, Children, Books, Biography, Cuba, Who is Fidel Castro, Facts
Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz famed as Fidel Castro was a Cuban communist revolutionary and politician who governed the Republic of Cuba as Prime Minister from 1959 to 1976 and then as President from 1976 to 2008. He served as the First Secretary of the Communist Party of Cuba from 1961 until 2011. Under his administration, Cuba became a one-party communist state, while industry and business were nationalized and state socialist reforms were implemented throughout society. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau described Castro as a "remarkable leader" and a "larger than life leader who served his people."
Early Life of Fidel Castro
On 13th August 1926, Fidel Castro was born in Biran, Cuba as Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz. His nationality is Cuban. He is the son of a wealthy Spanish farmer, Castro adopted leftist anti-imperialist politics while studying law at the University of Havana. His father, Angel Castro y Argiz, a veteran of the Spanish-American War, was a migrant to Cuba from Galicia, in the north-west of Spain. His mother name was Angela Maria Castro Ruz. He also has a brother named Raul Castro and Che Guevara. His ethnicity was White and his religion was Christian.
Fidel Castro Cause of Death
Fidel Casto died on 26th November 2016 at the age of 90. The cause of his death is Natural causes.
Body Measurements of Fidel Castro
Fidel Castro was a very handsome person and he has a very charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of 191 cm or 9 ft 3 in. His other body measurements such as weight, bice size and more will be added soon.
Career of Fidel Castro
- Fidel enrolled himself at the law school in the University of Havana in 1945 where he found himself immersed in the political climate of Cuban nationalism, anti-imperialism, and socialism.
- Later, he joined the University Committee. There he opposed corruption and openly associated it with US interference.
- He then gained prominence so much so that his speech on the corruption and violence of Grau’s regime earned him a place on the front page of every newspaper.
- He joined the Party of the Cuban People, a socialist group headed by presidential candidate Chibas in 1947.
- He then rose to prominence among the public and openly protested against the government wrongdoings.
- While Jose Miro Cardona was voted as the Prime Minister for Cuba, Castro became the commander-in-chief of the military.
- As a result of Miro’s sudden resignation, Castro became the Prime Minister of Cuba on February 16, 1959.
- He accepted the position of the Prime Minister of Cuba with a condition that the powers of the Prime Minister should be increased.
- His political tactics made him a favorite with lower classes, including workers, peasants, labors and so on, but he received opposition from the middle class comprising of doctors, engineers, and professionals, which ultimately resulted into their mass-migration to the US, causing an economic brain drain in Cuba.
- US-Cuba ties worsened with the passage of time and came to an all-time low in 1961.
- He formed the Cuba Communist party in 1965.
- He became the leading spokesperson of the Third World countries.
- He was proffered with the position of the Presidency of both Council of State and Council of Ministers, which made him the head of state and head of government.
- Along with Cuban Presidency, Castro also remained the President of the Non-Aligned Movement until 1982.
- The economy of Cuba hit an all-time low in 1999 as favorable trade from the Soviet Union crashed.
- He allowed people to choose their own religious faith and even organized a visit by Pope John Paul II to Cuba in 1998.
- He then transferred all his powers to Raul, his brother, on account of his failing health on 31st July 2006.
- He then gave up his position as the head of the Communist Party and the Commander-in-chief of the military as well.
- His retirement was announced on 24th February 2008.
- Cuban state television announced that Castro had died on the night of 25 November 2016. The cause of death was not disclosed.
- He was cremated on 26 November 2016.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Child
Fidel was a married person. In 1948, he married Mirta Diaz Balart despite the opposition of their families. The couple was blessed with a son, Fidelito in 1949. The unison, however, did not last long as Castro broke ties with Balart (1955) on account of her working for Batista. Following his divorce with Balart, Castro had sexual affairs with two female supporters - Naty Revuelta and Maria Laborde, each of whom conceived him a child. Since the 1990s, Castro suffered from various health issues, which worsened in 2006 when he was reported to be suffering from gastrointestinal bleeding. His children's name is Alex Castro-Soto, Alexis Castro-Soto, Alina Fernandez, Angel Castro-Soto, Antonio Castro-Soto, Fidel Angel Castro Díaz-Balart Alejandro Castro-Soto, Francisca Pupo, Jorge Angel Castro.
Net Worth of Castro
The net worth of this famous politician is estimated to have $900 Million a decades ago according to Forbes. He was very satisfied with his earnings.