Fran Drescher - Bio, Net Worth, Nationality, Books, Awards, Married, Husband, Age, Facts, Wiki, Family, Parents, Show, Salary, Cancer, Height, Career
Francine Drescher is an award-winning American actress, producer, and activist. She rose to fame with her role as Fran Fine in the TV series The Nanny, 1993 to 1999. Her performance gained her nomination for Golden Globe Awards for Best Actress in a Comedy Television Series and two Emmy Awards.
Making a film debut in the blockbuster film Saturday Night fever in 1977, She cemented a credential of being a talented actress, and that came with several other opportunities. Let's know more about her through this article.
What is Fran Drescher famous for?
- An American actress, writer, comedian, and activist.
- Her roles as Fran Fine in the hit TV series The Nanny (1993-99), and for her nasal voice and thick New York accent.
Where is Fran Drescher born?
Recalling her early life, Fran was born in New York City, the U.S. She was born to Morty Drescher and Sylvia Drescher. Similarly, her mother was a bridal consultant and her father was a naval systems analyst. Also. she has an older sister named Nadine. Likewise, she belongs to American nationality and Ashkenazi Jewish ethnicity.
Which institution does Fran Drescher go to study?
Concerning her education, Fran attended Flushing’s Parsons Junior High School, which later dissolved. After that, she attended Hillcrest High School in Jamaica, Queens. Similarly, she graduated from there in the year 1975 and she attended Queens College, City University of New York, but dropped out in the first year.
When did Fran Drescher begin her acting career?
- Moving towards her career, Fran made her screen debut with a small role in the 1977 film Saturday Night Fever. Later, she appeared in American Hot Wax (1978) and Wes Craven’s horror tale Stranger in Our House (1978).
- Similarly, in the 1980s, she gained recognition as a comedic actress in the films Gorp (1980), The Hollywood Knights (1980), Doctor Detroit (1983), This Is Spinal Tap (1984), and UHF (1989).
- In the 2000s, she marked her return to TV, with both guest and lead roles. After appearing as Roberta Diaz in the short-lived Good Morning, Miami in 2003, she returned 2 years later, with the sitcom Living with Fran, which featured her as Fran Reeves, a middle-aged mother of two living with a man half her age.
- Later, in 2006, she lent her voice to Pearl in Shark Bait, guest-starred in an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and voiced a female golem in ‘The Simpsons episode Treehouse of Horror XVII.
- The following year, she appeared in the US version of an Australian improvisational comedy series named Thank God You’re Here.
- After some failed projects, namely, The New Thirty, The Fran Drescher Tawk Show, and Happily Divorced, Drescher made her Broadway debut in 2014, with the revival of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella. She replaced Harriet Harris as the stepmother. The 10-week engagement lasted until April 2015.
- She has written the books Enter Whining (1996), Cancer Schmancer (2002), and Being Wendy (2011).
- She has written several episodes of Happily Divorced, Dadi, and The Nanny.
- On January 08th, 2020, it was announced that she and Jacobson were writing the book for a musical adaptation of The Nanny. Rachel Bloom and Adam Schlesinger of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend fame will write the songs, while Marc Bruni (Beautiful: The Carole King Musical) will direct.
Is Fran Drescher married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Fran was a married woman. She married her high school boyfriend Peter Marc Jacobson. They dated for years before getting married. They married on 4th November 1978. Later her husband knew that she was gay and they divorced on 15th December 1999.
After that on 07th September 2014, she participated in a ceremony at Drescher’s beach house with Shiva Ayyadural. Later, both of them tweeted that they married there. But later they claimed it was not a formal wedding but a spiritual celebration of their friendship. After two years they separated.
How much is Fran Drescher's worth?
Being an actress, comedian, producer, and activist, Fran earns an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online reports, her estimated net worth said to be $25 million at present. However, her salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Fran Drescher?
Observing her body physics, Fran stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs around 69 Kg. Similarly, She has a pair of brown eyes and dark brown hair color. She used 34B bra size and 4 (US) dress sizes. Further, her body measures 37-26-35 inches with a slim body.
Trivias About Fran Drescher You Need To Know.
- Abides by a dairy-free diet.
- She was the first runner up for Miss New York Teenager in 1973. In order to get an agent, she lied when calling up talent agencies and said she was the winner. It worked and an agent was found.
- She is a rape survivor. She along with her then-husband, Peter Marc Jacobson, and a friend were attacked in her home during a home invasion in January 1985.