Facts About Frank Masmeijer
|61 Years Old
|Former TV Presenter
|Place Of Birth
|Sandra Birsak (Ex)
|Charlotte and Michelle Masmeijer
|$1 Million - $5 Million
|Source of Wealth
|Entrepreneur Career and Entertainment Industry
|5 ft 9 in or 1.72 m
Frank Masmeijer is a Dutch former television presenter, former semi-professional footballer, singer, catering entrepreneur, and convicted cocaine smuggler. He started his career as a professional footballer. Then, he settled in Belgium, after his television career, as a manager of the Massmeijer catering establishment. He started his career as a football player on the club’s youth team. He played football as an amateur at FC Hilversum. He made his TV debut as a presenter on NCRV in 1985 after Masmeijer’s screen test.
What is Frank Masmeijer Known For?
- Being a catering entrepreneur and former semi-professional footballer and TV presenter.
- For his work in NCRV, Holiday show, and Dinges.
Where is Frank Masmeijer From?
Born on 25th August 1961, Frank Masmeijer is from Assen and grew up in Hilversum, Netherlands. His nationality is Dutch and his ethnicity is Dutch-White. He celebrated his 60th birthday as of 2021.
After HAVO, he lived for two years in the football boarding school of Go Ahead Eagles in Deventer and obtained his VWO diploma. In his teens, he was a football player on the club's youth team. He also played football as an amateur at FC Hilversum. In 1984, he left for Mallorca and worked there for seven months as a sports entertainer in a hotel.
Frank completed his school education at a local high school in Deventer, Netherlands.
Frank Masmeijer Television Career
- It was in the year 1985, Masmeijer made his TV debut as a presenter at the NCRV after a screen test.
- Next, he started presenting big shows like the "Holiday show".
- In the year 1989, he joined "Dinges".
- Likewise, he has also presented for charity programs.
- He presented "Drempels Weg", a major campaign for the physically handicapped, and a show program about SOS Children's Villages along with Marijke Amado.
- He ended his career with NCRV in the year 1994. The broadcaster indicated in the media that Masmeijer no longer fit into the programming.
- In his last show, he would have let a personal friend win a dream trip. He denied that. In the year 2017, a friend who had participated in the show claimed that he had indeed been helped illegally by Masmeijer. Before the show, Masmeijer would have passed him the answer to a question.
- After his retirement from the NCRV, he made a number of TV programs for the WDR and Sport 7. For the sports quiz, "Attackluh!!", he recorded thirty episodes in one week which was his last show.
- Then, he began his career as an entrepreneur in Belgium.
- In 1997, he opened a Grand Café in the Wijnegem Shopping Center.
- In the year 2003, a Grand Café was added in the Waasland Shopping CenterinSint-Niklaas, and later that year another shop in Ninove.
- On 23rd November 2012, he opened the Bastille catering business in Sint-Niklaas, which was intended to provide entertainment, performances, and numerous events. Later, Bastille went bankrupt after less than a year in October 2013.
Cocaine Smuggling and Arrest
- On 14th October 2014, he was arrested by the Belgian police.
- He was suspected of smuggling 467 kilos of cocaine and participating in a criminal organization (together with, among others, a greengrocer and a relative of his wife, who worked in the port of Antwerp) that would have tried to smuggle the cocaine - street value 23 million euros - into Belgium, hidden in a pallet of bananas from South America.
- He was in custody for ten months, of which eight were in Antwerp prison and two at home with an ankle bracelet. On 30th June 2015, he was released with house arrest and an ankle bracelet.
- Between 2016-2017, he participated in the SBS6 television documentary "The Frank Masmeijer case".
- He also contributed to the book "Frank en Vrij" by Nick Dijkman.
- On 13th October 2017, he was sentenced to an unconditional prison term of eight years and a fine of EUR 48,000 for smuggling 467 kilograms of cocaine.
- According to the press judge, the punishment was so high because, according to the court, he had ordered the forging of delivery notes with which an attempt was made to retrieve the cocaine hidden in the banana batch.
- On 27th June 2019, he was sentenced on appeal to 9 years in prison and a fine of 90,000 euros.
- At the end of 2021, he was transferred from Belgium to the Netherlands to serve the remainder of his sentence.
- On 20th July 2022, it was announced that he had been released at the end of June after being pardoned by King Willem-Alexander which was done at the request of the judge and Minister for Legal Protection Franc Weerwind, but against the wishes of the Public Prosecution Service.
Who is Frank Masmeijer Wife?
Frank Masmeijer was a married man. He tied the knot with his beautiful ex-wife, Sandra Birsak. Professionally, Sandra is a former dancer in the Holiday show ballet, from the year 1990 to 2017. They have two daughters namely Charlotte and Michelle Masmeijer. One of his daughters participated in the seventh TV season of "The Voice of Holland" in 2016. His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Frank Masmeijer Net Worth?
Frank Masmeijer is a talented former TV present whose net worth is in the range of $1 Million-$5 Million as of 2022. He made this fortune appearing in many shows during his career time. His main source of wealth comes from his entrepreneurship career and the entertainment industry.
What is Frank Masmeijer Height and Weight?
Frank Masmeijer is in his early sixties. He stands at a tall height of 5 ft 9 in or 1.72 m. His body weight consists of 85 KG. He has a pair of black eyes and his hair color is black. His shoe size is 7 US.
Trivias About Frank Masmeijer You Need To Know.
- Frank started his career as a professional footballer.
- He played football as an amateur at FC Hilversum.
- He made his TV debut as a presenter on NCRV in 1985 after Masmeijer’s screen test.
- He grew up in Hilversum, Netherlands.