Last updated on May 11th, 2021 at 01:11 am
Facts About Fred Kotto
|Place Of Birth
|University of Washington and William H. Taft School of Law
|Rita Ingrid Dittman
|Natascha Kotto, Sarada Kotto, Mirabai Kotto, and Salina Kotto
|Abraham Kotto and Gladys Marie
Fred Kotto is a television writer, former football player, and a retired San Jose Police Department sergeant. He is best known as the eldest son of American actor Yaphet Kotto. Also, he was a boxer in the 2000 US Olympic trials. He was a running back for the University of Washington Huskies, who were then ranked #1 in the country. He is one of the writers of the TV series, "The Rookie".
What is Fred Kotto famous for?
- Famous as the son of American actor Yaphet Kotto.
Where is Fred Kotto from?
Fred Kotto was born in the year 1968 in the United States. His birth name is Fredrick Kotto. Heis the elder son of a famous American actor, Yaphet Kotto, and his first wife, Rita Ingrid Dittman. His parents divorced in the year 1976. Then, his father secondly married Toni Pettyjohn and also with her divorced in 1989. For the third time, he married his third wife, Tessie Sinahon in 1998 who is from the Philippines. His father Yaphet Kotto died on March 15, 2021, in the Philippines at age of 81. He has an elder sister, Natascha Kotto, and a younger brother Robert Kotto. He also has three half-sisters named Sarada Kotto, Mirabai Kotto, and Salina Kotto. His grandfather, Njoki Manga Bell was a businessman from Cameroon who emigrated to the United States in the 1920s and changed his name to Abraham Kotto, and his grandmother, Gladys Marie was an American nurse and U.S. Army officer of Panamanian and West Indian descent.
He holds an American nationality and his ethnic background is African-American. His race was Black. He is of German descent from his mother's side and Cameroonian, Panamanian, and West Indian descent from his father's side.
About his education, he attended the University of Washington and William H. Taft School of Law. He was a football player for the NCAA Champion Huskies and Olympic contender in the 400-meter dash. But months before the 1998 U.S. Olympic Trials, a motorcycle accident destroyed his left knee.
Fred Kotto's Career
- Fred Kotto worked in finance in New York and Los Angeles for several years before entering law enforcement in 1996.
- Fred began his career with the San Jose Police Department in 1996.
- During more than 17‐year police career, he’s worked undercover for six years, three of which spent deep undercover with no contact with the police department. Three of those years were spent in METRO Special Ops conducting high-priority manhunts and covert operations. Deep undercover, Sergeant Kotto also worked in cooperation with DEA and FBI against several major crime organizations. He is a decorated member of the Crisis Intervention Team, conducting both Hostage Negotiations and high-risk Hostage Rescue.
- Kotto began writing screenplays while in active duty law enforcement. He first broke into the entertainment business when his first feature spec, AT Rist, was picked up by Lawrence Gordon productions followed by another spec pilot sale of an hour cable drama, Sting Ops, to FTVS.
- In April 2014, Detective Sergent Kotto retired as the Supervising Sergeant of the San Jose Police Department's Internal Affairs Unit and began writing screenplays full time.
- He is one of the writers and co-producer of the TV series, "The Rookie".
- He has also written on NBC’s "Chicago PD", Freeform’s "Guilt" and "Ice".
Who is Fred Kotto married to?
Fred Kotto is a married man. He married Stanka Vuckovic in March 2013 but there is no information regarding their children. His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
How tall is Fred Kotto?
Fred Kotto is a handsome man in his early 50s. His eye color is dark brown and his hair color is black but he keeps his head clean-shaved. He has a towering height. However, he has not revealed any information regarding his height, weight, and other body measurements.
What is the Net Worth of Fred Kotto?
Fred Kotto might have good earnings from his professional career as a screenwriter. He also has earned a good fortune from his career with the San Jose Police Department. But, there is no information about his net worth and earnings.
However, his father, Yaphet Kotto's net worth was estimated to have $5 Million.
Trivias About Fred Kotto You Need To Know.
- He is inductor into the Police Amateur Athletic Foundation Hall of Fame.
- His grandfather, Abraham Kotto was the great-grandson of King Alexander Bell, who ruled the Douala region of Cameroon in the late 19th century.