Fred McLeod - Bio, Net Worth, Sportscaster, Broadcaster, Announcer, Cavaliers, Death, Dies at 67, Death Cause, Obituary, Wife, Kids, Salary, Age, Wiki
Fred McLeod was a sportscaster who served as the executive producer of multimedia, and television play-by-play announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers and Fox Sports Ohio of the National Basketball Association (NBA). A longtime sportscaster and television play-by-play announcer died suddenly on Monday night. To know more about him, scroll down the page!
Where was Fred McLeod born?
Recalling his early life, Fred McLeod was born in Strongsville, Ohio. He is American by nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. The details of his family background are not available. Fred’s parents moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania where he completed his education. He graduated from the Point Park College where he reached the NAIA College World Series as a pitcher.
Learn More About Fred McLeod's Wife, Beth McLeod?
What was the profession of Fred McLeod?
- As a sportscaster for KQTV in St. Joseph, Missouri, he started his broadcasting career in 1974 and later moved to WSTV in Steubenville, Ohio.
- In the early 1970s, when he was recruited as a weekend sports presenter by WJKW-TV 8, he returned to Cleveland and also provided play-by-play commentary on WJKW’s coverage of the 1979 season matches by Cleveland Indians.
- McLeod later relocated to San Francisco’s KPIX-TV, where he was an Oakland Athletics sports presenter and play-by-play commentator. In 1982, McLeod moved to Detroit, Michigan, where he became a sportscaster for WJBK and later with WDIV, and in 1984 he became a play-by-play television announcer for the Detroit Pistons of the NBA.
- Since the 2006-2007 season, McLeod has been the television play-by-play announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers, alongside former Cavalier Austin Carr.
- presently serving as the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) executive entertainment producer and play-by-play television announcer for the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Fred, from his profession, has received three-time Lower Great Lakes Emmy Award recipient as a member of Fox Sports Ohio’s Cavaliers broadcast team – 2014, 2017, 2018.
Who was Fred McLeod married to?
While working as the sportscaster, Fred met his love life Beth McLeod, who is a meteorologist by profession. The couple’s love transferred into marital relation. Together they have three children Sean, Jenna and Molly Mcleod. Many people appreciated the bond between Fred and his wife.
What is the reason behind Fred McLeod Death?
Fred McLeod died suddenly on Monday evening, 9th Sept. 2019 aged 67 after suffering from a heart attack.
The Cavaliers wrote in Statement:
“The entire Cavaliers organization mourns the loss of their great friend and teammate. Fred’s deep love for Cleveland and the Cavaliers was evident in everything he did in and around the community and on-air during his more than 1,000 Cavalier game broadcasts. He was a true, heart-felt ambassador for the team, fans, and entire greater Cleveland community.”
Beth McLeod twitter account is filled with expressions of love for her husband, photos of them together, and pictures of the couple’s dogs. Her about on Twitter read: “I LOVE: my Husband, Rescuing Dogs, the CAVS, Red Wine … I’m a Spartan, Family person & a Foodie. That’s my life. Plus: Emmy Winner. So Blessed.”
How much net worth did Fred McLeod own?
Fred worked as the sportscaster for more than 40 years. He was among the experienced announcer in the field. Though the income of Fred is unknown, he had accumulated an enormous net worth of $5 million from his profession the time of his death. He lived a lavish lifestyle thanks to his glamours profession.
How tall was Fred McLeod?
Before his death, Fred had an average height and body weight with slim body type. Being a sportscaster, he was fit and healthy. The hair color of Fred was light gray and shining brown eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of an update, we will let you know.