Last updated on April 29th, 2021 at 07:13 pm
Facts About Freddie Flintoff
|Celebrated Name||Freddie Flintoff|
|Age||45 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Freddie, The Gravy Master|
|Birth Name||Andrew Flintoff|
|Place Of Birth||Preston, Lancashire|
|Famous For||Retired English international cricketer.|
|Best Known For||Presenter of BBC Two show, "Top Gear".|
|School||Greenlands Community Primary School|
|High School||Ribbleton Hall High School|
|Married Date||March 5, 2005|
|Son||Cody, Rocky and Preston|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Body Measurement||41-37-35 inches|
Freddie Flintoff is a retired English international cricketer and a television and radio presenter who is well known to be one of the best players of England who even served as both the captain and vice-captain of the national team. He was even named ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2004 and ICC Player of the Year in 2005.
For his contributions to England cricket, he was awarded the BBC Sports Personality of the Year honor in 2005. Apart from his sports life, he has managed to establish himself to be a fashion influencer as he has designed his own fashion range even becoming the face of the brand "Jacamo".
Flintoff is also known to be the winner of the first series of Australian reality shows, "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!". He also served as a presenter of the BBC Two show, "Top Gear" in 2019. Besides, he is active on social media sites with over 962k followers on Instagram: @aflintoff11 and over 1.9 million followers on Twitter: @flintoff11.
What is Freddie Flintoff Famous for?
- Famous as a former English international cricketer.
- Known to be a presenter of BBC Two show, "Top Gear
Where is Freddie Flintoff From?
Freddie Flintoff was born on December 6, 1977, in Preston, Lancashire, England. His birth name is Andrew Flintoff. His nationality is British. Flintoff belongs to the White ethnicity while Sagittarius is his zodiac sign.
Freddie Flintoff was born as one of the two sons to his parents; Susan Flintoff(mother) and Colin Flintoff(father). His father Colin was a plumber and factory maintenance worker and also was the captain of Dutton Forshaw's second XI cricket team. His parents were always supportive of him as they led their son to pursue his dream to become a cricketer. He was raised along with his brother, Chris, both of who played cricket.
Andrew attended Greenlands Community Primary School and then Ribbleton Hall High School where he was academically perfect even passing nine GCSEs but he left the school at age of 16.
During his school days, he played cricket for the Lancashire Schools under-11s and under-15s teams later even got a chance to play for two and a half years in the England under-19 cricket team.
Freddie Flintoff's Career Highlights
- Freddie Flintoff started his professional career as the captain of the England Under-19 team making his Test match debut against South Africa in 1998.
- He continued playing as an integral part of the team eventually he was named as a Wisden Cricketer of the Year in 2004.
- At the end of the 2004 season, he was named as the inaugural winner of the ICC Award for one-day player of the year, and the Professional Cricketers' Association player of the year.
- In August 2005, he broke Ian Botham's 1981 record of six sixes in an Ashes Test Match with five in the first innings, scoring 141 runs in total. He was named "Man of the Match" and the match was dubbed "Fred's Test" in his honor.
- Following his achievement in the 2005 Ashes series, he was named as "Man of the Series", and was awarded the Freedom of the City of Preston and Compton-Miller Medal.
- In 2006, due to the unavailability of Michael Vaughan(captain), Flintoff was named captain of the England team for the Test matches against India.
- He again served as captain of the England team for the 2006-07 Ashes series and also 2006–07 Commonwealth Bank Series One Day International matches.
- He retired from Test cricket at the end of the 2009 Ashes series.
- On September 16, 2010, Flintoff retired from all forms of professional cricket following his injuries.
- On November 30, 2012, he had one professional boxing fight in Manchester where he beat American Richard Dawson.
- He came out of retirement in May 2014, returning to Lancashire to play Twenty20 only before he got signed by Brisbane Heat to play in the Australian Big Bash League for the 2014–15 season.
- Following his retirement from cricket, he has quite a healthy career in the entertainment field starting as a guest commentator during several matches in the 2011 PDC World Darts Championship event.
- He even became a team captain on the Sky One television sports panel show, "A League of Their Own".
- In 2015, he participated in the first Australian series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!", which he eventually won.
- He worked as a co-host for the Australian Ninja Warrior in 2017.
- The same year, he was the main presenter for Cannonball on ITV.
- He also served as a presenter of the BBC Two show, "Top Gear" in 2019.
- He also currently hosts a radio show on BBC Radio Five Live on Monday nights.
- In 2021, he also appeared in "DNA Journey".
Freddie Flintoff's Wife
Freddie Flintoff is a married man. He has been married just once to date to his only wife, Rachael Wools. Rachael is a model and one of the most stunning wives of a cricket player. She also had her own firm titled "Strawberry Promotions" through which she met Freddie for the first time. Rachael revealed that she wasn't impressed on their first met however Freddie asked her out for a date after writing her a couple of messages.
Soon after they began dating officially eventually got married on March 5, 2005, at the Pavillion Road Hotel in London. They have been married for over 15 years now and have been blessed with four children; a daughter Holly Flintoff and three sons Cody, Rocky, and Preston Flintoff.
He even has got the names of his wife and children tattooed on his left shoulder. Besides, he has some of his autobiographies; "Being Freddie", "Freddie", "Andrew Flintoff, My Life in Pictures", "Ashes to Ashes", and "Good Times, Bad Times".
How Much is Freddie Flintoff's Net Worth?
Freddie Flintoff has quite great earnings from his professional career as a cricketer and also as a television presenter. Having his career started since the year of 1998, Flintoff has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the most valuable England cricket players in his decade-long career.
Making his debut with the England Under-19 team against South Africa, Flintoff went on to play in several national matches even got a chance to play as a substitute for the team's captain in some events.
With his participation in several matches and test matches, he surely had managed to amass a healthy fortune which is estimated to be around $20 million. Also, for his job as a presenter of the BBC Two show, "Top Gear" earns him £500k for every season.
Freddie Flintoff's Height
Freddie Flintoff is a good-looking man with a well-maintained athletic body physique in his 40s. He stands tall with a height of 6ft. 4inch.(1.93 m) while his body weighs around 98kg. His fit body physique is of measurement of 41-37-35 inches. He has a fair complexion with blonde hair and blue eyes.
Trivias About Freddie Flintoff You Need To Know.
- His father was also the captain of Dutton Forshaw's second XI cricket team.
- He is the winner of the first series of an Australian reality shows, "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!".
- He has 4 children with Rachael Wools.