Last updated on June 25th, 2023 at 04:16 am
Facts About Freddie Highmore
|31 Years Old
|Alfred Thomas Highmore
|Best Known For
|His role as Norman Bates in the drama-thriller series, Bates Motel and as Dr. Shaun Murphy in the ABC drama series, The Good Doctor
|Place Of Birth
|Camden Town, London
|Total Number of Awards
|Empire Award for Best Newcomer
|Number Of TV Appearences
|College / University
|Started his acting career at the age of 7
|Women Talking Dirty
|Two consecutive Critics' Choice Movie Awards for Best Young Performer
|1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)
|154 lbs (70 kg)
|Source of Wealth
Alfred Thomas Highmore, popularly known as Freddie Highmore is an English actor. Highmore is best known for his role as Norman Bates in the drama-thriller series, Bates Motel and as Dr. Shaun Murphy in the ABC drama series, The Good Doctor. He won a People's Choice Award for his work in Bates Motel and was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his work in The Good Doctor. He has also starred in numerous movies. He is famous for his starring roles in the films Finding Neverland (2004), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), August Rush (2007), and The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008). He won two consecutive Critics' Choice Awards for Best Young Performer.
What is Freddie Highmore Famous For?
- His role as Norman Bates in the drama-thriller series Bates Motel.
- His role as Dr. Shaun Murphy in the ABC drama series, The Good Doctor.
Where is Freddie Highmore From?
Freddie Highmore was born on 14 February 1992. His birth name is Alfred Thomas Highmore. His birth place is in London in England. He holds an English nationality. He was born to his father, Edward Highmore, and his mother, Sue Latimer. Fans often ask whether Freddie has a twin brother or not. The question rises as he played twin roles in the film, The Spiderwick Chronicle. In reality, he has a brother named Bertie Highmore but they are not twins. He belongs to white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His zodiac sign is Aquarius. His hometown is Highgate, North London.
Regarding his educational background, he attended primary school in Hampstead Garden Suburb near Golders Green in the London Borough of Barnet. He later earned a scholarship to attend Highgate School. He then attended Emmanuel College, where he earned a double first in Spanish and Arabic.
Freddie Highmore Career
- Freddie Highmore started his acting career in small roles in television. He was only 7 when his acting career started.
- He made his film debut with the 1999 British comedy film, Women Talking Dirty.
- He appeared alongside his father in the 2001 Hallmark Entertainment's television film, Jack and the Beanstalk: The Real Story.
- After starring in several movies and tv shows, he made his breakthrough with a critically acclaimed role in the 2004 biographical drama film, Finding Neverland.
- He won Critics' Choice Movie Awards for Best Young Performer and Empire Award for Best Newcomer for the role. He also won several other critics award for the role.
- He earned several nominations including nominations for the Saturn Award for Best Performance by a Younger Actor and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role for his work in the film.
- Some of Highmore-starring major films are Finding Neverland (2004), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005), August Rush (2007), and The Spiderwick Chronicles (2008).
- He won the second Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Young Performer for his work in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- He starred in the dual role of American twins Simon Grace and Jared Grace in the 2008 fantasy adventure film, The Spiderwick Chronicles.
- He had voice roles in films, The Golden Compass, A Fox's Tale, Astro Boy, Justin and the Knights of Valour, and Dragon Rider.
- In television, Highmore is best known for his work in Bates Motel and The Good Doctor.
- He landed the role of Norman Bates in the psychological horror drama series, Bates Motel in 2013.
- He won the People's Choice Award for Favorite Cable TV Actor for his role.
- He was nominated three times for the Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his work in Bates Motel.
- He wrote an episode and directed another episode in Bates Motel.
- He landed the lead role of Dr. Shaun Murphy in the medical drama series, The Good Doctor in 2017. His role is a young autistic savant surgical resident at the fictional San Jose St. Bonaventure Hospital.
- He is also the executive producer of the show.
- He wrote an episode and directed three episodes of the series.
- He was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Drama Series for his role in 2017.
- The fifth season of The Good Doctor premiered in September 2021.
- He plays the main role of Stefano Giraldi in the historical drama series, Leonardo.
Is Freddie Highmore married?
Freddie Highmore is a married man. He got married in 2021. However, information about his wife is not available. He avoids social media thus, it is difficult to gather detailed information about his personal life. Once he decides to go public, information about his wife and family will be updated here.
He lives in London.
How tall is Freddie Highmore?
Freddie Highmore stands at height of 1.78 m i.e. 5 feet and 10 inches tall. He has a body weight of 154 lbs i.e. 70 kg. He has a slim body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is dark brown. He wears a shoe of size 10 (US). His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Freddie Highmore 2021 worth?
Freddie Highmore earns from his career in the entertainment industry. The majority of his income comes from his acting career. He has starred in numerous movies and television series. Besides acting, he has provided a voice in several movies and television shows. He has also written and directed several episodes of Bates Motel and The Good Doctor. He is paid a good salary for his works. Summing up, he makes his fortune from his career in the entertainment industry. At present, his net worth is estimated at around $8 million.
Trivias About Freddie Highmore You Need To Know.
- His father is a former actor and his mother is a talent agent.
- Johnny Depp reportedly recommended Highmore for the role of Charlie Bucket in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- He provided his voice to the adventure fantasy film The Golden Compass (2007) and its video game of the same name.
- He voiced the lead character in the animated film Astro Boy and provided his voice to its accompanying video game, Astro Boy: The Video Game.
- He was a contestant in the comedy panel game show, Taskmaster.
- He avoids social media.
- He is fluent in Spanish and French, and semi-fluent in Arabic.