Last updated on August 19th, 2023 at 05:44 am
Facts About Frenkie de Jong
|Celebrated Name||Frenkie de Jong|
|Age||26 Years Old|
|Nick Name||de Jong|
|Birth Name||Frenkie de Jong|
|Place Of Birth||Arkel|
|Mother||Marjon Schuchhard-De Bruijn|
|Father||John de Jong|
|Weight||5 feet 11 inches|
|Marital Status||In a relationship|
|Net Worth||€12 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Links||Twitter Instagram Facebook|
Frenkie de Jong is a Dutch professional football player. De Jong plays as a midfielder for the Spanish club Barcelona and the Netherlands national team. He is known for his dribbling, match intelligence, close control of the ball, and passing range and variety. He started his football career from Willem II. The young midfielder was soon scouted by the Dutch club Ajax in 2015. Having led the club to Eredivisie and KNVB Cup, the Dutch midfielder was signed by the Spanish club Barcelona in 2019. He signed with Barcelona for 75 million Euro. He won his first Barcelona trophy, the 2020-21 Copa del Rey.
He has garnered over 10.6 million followers on his Instagram.
Frenkie de Jong Famous For
- Being a Dutch professional football player.
- For playing as a midfielder for the Spanish club Barcelona.
Where was Frenkie de Jong Born?
Frenkie de Jong was born on 12 May 1997. His birthplace is Arkel in the Netherlands. He holds Dutch nationality. He belongs to the European white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. He was born to his father, John de Jong, and his mother, Marjon Schuchhard-De Bruijn. His father played amateur football. He has a brother named Yuri.
- He joined the youth system of Willem II in 2004. He played his entire youth career at Willem II.
- He was promoted to the club's first team in 2015.
- He made his Eredivisie senior debut in May 2015 in a 1-0 home win against ADO Den Haag.
- Ajax purchased him on a four-year contract, for a symbolic 1 Euro fee which included a 10% sell-on bonus.
- He was later signed for a fee of 9.11 million pounds.
- He was loaned back to Willem II in August 2015 until December 2015, where he played one Eredivisie match.
- He returned to Ajax in January 2016.
- He made 15 appearances in the 2015-16 Jupiter League.
- He primarily played as a central midfielder, in a three-man midfield.
- He was named Eerste Divisie Talent of the Season 2016-17.
- He was awarded the 2016-17 Jupiter League's 'talent of the season' award.
- He scored 6 goals, 8 assists, and received 2 yellow cards in 31 matches for Jong Ajax.
- He was promoted to the club's first team in the 2016-17 season.
- He made his senior debut for Ajax against Sparta Rotterdam.
- He was part of Aja that finished runner-up in the 2016-17 UEFA Europa League.
- He led the club to the Eredivisie and KNVB Cup in 2019.
Frenkie de Jong and Ajax are having One of the Best Seasons
They faced Italian league leader, Juventus in the quarterfinals. They drew 1-1 against Juventus in the first leg and defeated 2-1 at Allianz Stadium. The young team of Ajax is set to face English club Tottenham in the semi-final.
Ajax is also at the top of the Dutch league with 77 points.
The young player, Frenkie de Jong has proved himself one of the key players of the team. Though he has already signed a lucrative deal with Spanish club Barcelona, he is on the verge of ending his career at Ajax on a good note. He signed a 75 million Euro deal with Barcelona in January 2019. His transfer will take effect on 1 July 2019, ahead of the 2019-2020 season.
He made his senior debut for Ajax against Sparta Rotterdam.
- Spanish club Barcelona announced the signing of De Jong in January 2019. He signed a five-year contract for an initial fee of 75 million Euro. The transfer would be effective on 1 July 2019.
- He made his competitive debut for Barcelona in a 0-1 defeat against Athletic Bilbao in July 2019.
- He scored his first Barcelona goal against Valencia in September 2019. He also assisted Fati's goal in the same game. In his first season, he made 42 appearances for the club, scoring 2 goals and providing 4 assists in all the competitions.
- He assisted two goals and then scored one against Athletic Bilbao to win the Copa del Rey in 2021, his first title with Barcelona. During his 2020-21 season, he made 51 appearances for the club, scoring 7 goals and providing 8 assists in all the competitions as Barcelona won the Copa del Rey that season.
- During his 2021-22 season, he made 47 appearances for the club, scoring 4 goals and providing 5 assists in all the competitions.
- He has represented the Netherlands national team at different age levels.
- He has played for Netherlands U15, U18, U19, and U21 teams.
- He made his senior international debut for Netherland in a friendly win against Peru in September 2018.
- He assisted and scored his debut international goal in the same match.
- He has represented the Netherlands team at the 2018-19 UEFA Nations League, the UEFA Euro 2020 qualifiers, and the UEFA Euro 2020.
Who is Frenkie de Jong Dating?
Looking at his personal life, Frenkie de Jong is unmarried but not single. He is in a relationship. He is currently dating Mikki Kiemeney. The two first met in high school. The two started dating in 2014. He had shared a couple of pictures with Mikki Kiemeney on his social media accounts. At present, the couple is having a healthy relationship and we believe that a wedding is definitely on the way. Any updates on his love life will be updated here soon.
Frenkie de JongNet Worth 2022
Frenkie de Jong earns from his professional career as a football career. He is a Dutch professional footballer who currently plays for the Spanish club Barcelona. His major income comes from playing professional football, bonuses, and endorsements. He was signed by Ajax for a fee of 9.11 million in 2015. Barcelona signed him in January 2019 for 75 million Euro. In Barcelona, he has an annual salary of £8.5 million. As of 2022, his net worth is estimated to be €12 million. Besides this, he also earns a decent amount of money from sponsorship, salary from the national team, endorsement deals with various brands including Nike, and more. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings. In addition, his market value is around €60 million.
What are Frenkie de Jong's Body Measurements?
Frenkie de Jong stands at a height of 1.81 m i.e. 5 feet and 11 inches tall. He has a body weight of around 163 lbs. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is blue and his hair color is blonde. His sexual orientation is straight. His other body measurement such as chest size, biceps size, and waist size is still got to get revealed yet. Overall, he has got a healthy body.
Frenkie de Jong’s Transfer History
- He played for the youth team of ASV Arkel and RKC.
- In 2005, he joined the youth team of Willem II and began his career at the club.
- In August 2015, he signed for Ajax on a four-year contract for a symbolic €1 fee which included a 10% sell-on bonus.
- In August 2015, he was loaned back to Willem II until 31 December 2015.
- In January 2019, La Liga club Barcelona announced the signing of him on a five-year contract, effective from 1 July 2019, for an initial fee worth €75 million.
Awards and Achievements
- Won the 2018-19 Eredivisie with Ajax.
- Won the 2018-19 KNVB Cup with Ajax.
- Won the 2020-21 Copa del Rey with Barcelona.
- Won the 2016-17 Eerste Divisie Talent of the Season.
- Won the 2018-19 Eredivisie Player of the Season.
- Won the 2018-19 UEFA Champions League Midfielder of the Season.
- Won the 2018-19 Johan Cruyff Trophy.
- Won the 2019 UEFA Nations League Finals Young Player of the Tournament.
- Won the 2020-21 Premi Barça Jugadors (Barça Players Award).
Trivias About Frenkie de Jong You Need To Know.
- He started playing football at the age of 6.
- He is known for his vision, passing, dribbling, and technique, along with strong defensive abilities and attacking prowess.
- He has frequently been ranked among the best midfielders in world football.
- He was an instrumental part of Ajax's first UEFA Champions League semi-final appearance in 22 years, in a breakthrough 2018-19 season.
- He was selected for the 2019 FIFA FIFPro World11 and was one of three Dutch players to feature in it for the first time in five years.