Gabriel Jesus Brazilian footballer Career, Contract, Transfer, Awards
Gabriel Fernando de Jesus professionally called Gabriel Jesus is a Brazilian football player who plays for the Premier League club Manchester City and the Brazil national team. He made his senior debut for Brazil on 1 September 2016 in a World Cup qualifier. He become a part of the squad that took component withinside the 2018 FIFA World Cup, later additionally taking part withinside the Copa America in 2019 and 2021.
Which football team does Gabriel Jesus play for?
- Gabriel Jesus started playing football for the youth team of Anhanguera in 2010 and played until 2012.
- On 1 July 2013, he signed a youth contract with Palmeiras where he was also the club's top goalscorer during the year, scoring 54 goals in 48 matches.
- He then signed a contract extension with the club in January 2014, signing a three-year contract deal.
- In 2014, he went on to score 37 goals in 22 games U17 championship.
- He made his senior team debut for the club on 7 March 2015 in a 1-0 win over CA Bragantino at Allianz Parque.
- He made his first career start on 29 April 2015 against Sampaio Correa Futebol Clube.
- He made his first appearance in the Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A against Atletico Mineiro on 9 May 2015. He scored his first professional goal for the club on 15 July 2015 in the next round of the cup away to Agremiacao Sportiva Arapiraquense. He scored his first league goals against Joinville Esporte Clube on 30 August 2015. During his 2014-15 season, he finished the campaign with four goals from 20 games as Palmeiras won the Copa do Brasil that season. Additionally, he was elected Best Newcomer in the league.
- On 6 April 2016, he was sent off for the first time in his career for fighting with Damian Musto in a 3-3 away draw against Rosario Central. During his 2015-16 season, he finished the campaign with 12 league goals in 27 games as Palmeiras won the Campeonato Brasileiro Sere A which was the club’s first national championship since 1994. Additionally, he was also named Bola de Ouro for player of the season.
- On 1 January 2017, he joined Premier League club Manchester City for a transfer fee of €32 million. He made his Premier League debut for the club on 21 January 2017 in a 2-2 draw against Tottenham Hotspur at the City of Manchester Stadium. On 1 February 2017, he made his first Premier League start in place of Sergio Aguero, and assisted Kevin De Bruyne’s goal in the 17th minute, then scored his first goal for the club in the 39th in a 4-0 win against West Ham United with which he became the first Manchester City player to have a goal and an assist in their first Premier League start, as well as only the third City player to be involved in two or more goals in their first Premier League start. In his first season, he made 11 appearances for the club, scoring 7 goals and providing 5 assists in all the competitions.
- On 26 August 2017, he scored his first Premier League goal of the 2017-18 season in a 2-1 away win over Bournemouth. During his 2017-18 season, he made 42 appearances for the club, scoring 17 goals and providing 5 assists in all the competitions as Manchester City won the Premier League and EFL Cup that season.
- On 3 August 2018, he signed a contract extension with Manchester City, to take him up until 2023. On 9 January 2019, he Jesus scored four goals for the first time in his career in a 9-0 win against Burton Albion. On 13 March 2019, he scored once after coming on for Sergio Aguero in the 7-0 (10-2 aggregate) UEFA Champions League Round of 16 win over Schalke 04 and in doing so helped the club equal the record for the largest winning margin in the knockout phase of the competition. During his 2018-19 season, he made 47 appearances for the club, scoring 21 goals and providing 6 assists in all the competitions as Manchester City won the Premier League and FA Cup that season.
- On 22 June 2019, he switched his jersey number from the number '33' shirt to the number '9' shirt. During his 2019-20 season, he made 53 appearances for the club, scoring 23 goals and providing 14 assists in all the competitions as Manchester City won the EFL Cup that season.
- During his 2020-21 season, he made 42 appearances for the club, scoring 14 goals and providing 4 assists in all the competitions as Manchester City won the Premier League and EFL Cup that season.
- On 23 April 2022, he scored four goals in a 5-1 home win over Watford, sealing his first Premier League hat-trick. During his 2021-22 season, he made 41 appearances for the club, scoring 13 goals and providing 12 assists in all the competitions as Manchester City won the Premier League that season.
- Gabriel Jesus has represented Brazil at various age levels.
- He has represented Brazil at U20, U23, and the senior level.
- He was part of the Brazil U20 team that finished as runners-up at the 2015 U20 World Cup in New Zealand.
- He was chosen in Dunga’s provisional 40-man squad for the Copa America Centenario in 2016 but he missed out through the lack of a U.S. visa.
- He was part of the Brazil U23 squad that won an Olympic gold medal at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
- On 1 September 2016, he made his senior international team debut and scored his first international goal for Brazil, scoring twice in a 3-0 against Ecuador in a World Cup qualifier.
- He was the highest scorer in the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers, scoring 7 goals in 10 matches.
- He was part of the squad that took part in the 2018 FIFA World Cup, later also participating in the Copa America in 2019 and 2021, winning the 2019 tournament.
- On 1 July 2013, Gabriel Jesus signed a youth contract with Palmeiras
- Gabriel Jesus joined Manchester City in January 2017 for a transfer fee of €32 million
What to know about Brazilian footballer Gabriel Jesus?
Awards and Achivements
- Won the 2015 Copa do Brasil with Palmeiras.
- Won the 2016 Campeonato Brasileiro Sere A with Palmeiras.
- Won 2017-18, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22 Premier League with Manchester City.
- Won the 2018-19 FA Cup with Manchester City.
- Won the 2017-18, 2019-20, 2020-21 EFL Cup with Manchester City.
- Won 2018, 2019 FA Community Shield with Manchester City.
- Won the 2016 Olympic Gold Medal with Brazil.
- Won the 2019 Copa America with Brazil.
- Won the 2018 SuperClasico Championship with Brazil.
- Won the 2015 Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A Best Newcomer.
- Won the 2016 Campeonato Brasileiro Serie A Best Player.
- Won the 2016 Bola de Ouro.
- Won the 2016 Bola de Prata.
Who is Love Island's Danica Taylor? 5 things to know about herGelson | June 21, 2022