Gabriel Slonina - Bio, Net Worth, Salary, Parents, Age, Height, Career
Gabriel Slonina is an American professional soccer player. He plays as a goalkeeper for the MLS club Chicago Fire. A youth product of the club, he made his MLS debut in 2021. He has made a significant appearance in the 2022 season. On the international level, he has represented the US national team at various age levels. The young goalkeeper has yet to make his senior international debut.
What is Gabriel Slonina Famous For?
- Goalkeeper for the MLS team, Chicago Fire.
Where is Gabriel Slonina From?
Gabriel Slonina was born on 15 May 2004. His full name is Gabriel Pawel Slonina. He was born in Addison, Illinois in the United States. He holds American nationality. He is of Polish descent. He belongs to the white ethnicity and his religion is Christianity. His star sign is Taurus. His Polish parents immigrated to the United States where Gaga was born. Detailed information about his parents is not available at present. He has a brother named Nick.
Gabriel Slonina Career
- Gabriel Slonina started playing soccer at an early age. He joined the youth academy of Major League Soccer club, Chicago Fire in 2016. Progressing through the youth ranks of the club, he signed a professional homegrown player contract with the club in March 2019.
- He made his professional debut against New York City on 4 August 2021. On his debut, he became the youngest starting goalkeeper in MLS history at age 17 years and 81 days. He made four saves in a 0-0 draw, becoming the youngest goalkeeper to record a clean sheet in MLS history.
- During the 2022 transfer window, he received interest from several top European clubs. He is likely to sign with the English club, Chelsea. It was reported in July 2022 that he had agreed to sign with Chelsea for $15 million including add-ons. He will return to Fire to complete the 2022 season and join Chelsea in January next year.
- On the international level, he has represented the United States national team at various age levels. He has represented U15, U16, U17, and U20 levels. He received his first call-up for the US senior team in December 2021. But, he did not get a chance to feature. He was once again called up for the World Cup qualifiers match in January 2022 but did not feature in the match. He was called up by the Polish senior team by coach Czeslaw Michniewicz for their upcoming Nations League fixtures against Wales, Belgium, and the Netherlands. However, he rejected the offer and pledged his allegiance to the United States on the international level.
Who is Gabriel Slonina Girlfriend?
Gabriel Slonina is not married. The young goalkeeper is reportedly single at present. The teenager has not shared about his personal life on his social media handles.
What is Gabriel Slonina Height?
Gabriel Slonina stands at the height of 1.93 m i.e. 6 feet and 4 inches tall. He has a body weight of 88 kg. He has an athletic body build. His eye color is hazel and his hair color is dark brown.
His sexual orientation is straight.
What is Gabriel Slonina Salary and Net Worth?
Gabriel Slonina earns from his professional career as a goalkeeper. His income comes from contracts, salaries, and sponsorships. He signed his first professional contract with Chicago Fire in 2019. He was earning less than $200k there. He has reportedly agreed to sign with the English club Chelsea for a transfer fee in the region of $15 million. He will earn around $2-$3 million in salary in Chelsea. At present, his net worth is estimated below $1 million. It is likely to grow in the future.
Trivias About Gabriel Slonina You Need To Know.
- His jersey number is 1.
- He is the second youngest signing in MLS history.
- He is the youngest signing ever for the Chicago Fire.
- He is eligible to represent the United States or Poland on the international level.