Last updated on August 13th, 2023 at 12:11 am
Facts About Gareth Bale
|Celebrated Name||Gareth Bale|
|Age||33 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Gareth Bale|
|Birth Name||Gareth Frank Bale|
|Place Of Birth||Cardiff|
|Height||6 ft. 1 inches|
|Girl Friend||Emma Rhys-JOnes|
|Current Club||Los Angeles FC|
|Birth Nation||United Kingdom|
|Net Worth||$150 million|
|Best Known For||his pace, shooting from distance and freekicks|
|Career Best Win||4 UCL in 5 years and 3 in a row.|
|Children||Alba Violet, Nava Valentina, Alex Charles, and Xander Frank Bale|
|School||Eglwys Newydd Primary School, Whitchurch|
|High School||Whitchurch High School, Cardiff|
|Current Club Country||America|
|Endorsment||Adidas, EA Sports, Lucozade and BT Sport|
|Source of Wealth||salary, contracts, sponsorships, endorsements|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Chest Size||45 in|
|Waist Size||32 in|
Gareth Frank Bale professionally known as Gareth Bale is a Welsh professional footballer who plays as a winger for the Major League Soccer club Los Angeles FC and the Wales national team. Bale is a left-footed player and has been praised for his tremendous pace, strike from distance, and crossing ability. At present, Bale is considered one of the fastest footballers in the world. Gareth Bale wears shirt number 11 for Los Angeles FC and Wales National Team. Bale started his professional career at Southampton in 2006. He moved to Tottenham in 2007. Real Madrid signed Bale in September 2013 for 100.8 million Euro, ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo, signed by Real Madrid for a world-record transfer fee of 94 million Euro in 2009. In July 2022, he subsequently joined MLS club Los Angeles FC on a free transfer.
On the international level, Bale made his international debut for Wales senior team in 2006 as the youngest player of that time. At present, Bale is the highest scorer of all time for Wales scoring 31 international goals in 70 caps. Bale has been named Welsh Footballer of the year a record six times. During UEFA Euro 2020, he played against Turkey on 16th June 2021, against Switzerland on 12th June 2021 and he will be playing against Italy on 20th June 2021. Since his debut, he has obtained 106 caps and scored 60 goals for Wales.
Garth Bale Famous For
- Being a Welsh professional football player.
- For playing as a winger for the Major League Soccer club Los Angeles FC.
Gareth Bale to Tottenham
Wales captain Gareth Bale's future will be much talked about this summer, with a return to parent club Real Madrid imminent after his loan stint with Tottenham. Gareth Bale informed Tottenham "weeks ago" that he would not be returning to the club for a second loan spell. Wales star Bale won't be spending next term with Spurs, whom he joined last September with his future at parent club Real Madrid appearing all but over.
Gareth Bale Is Set To Leave Real Madrid To Join a Chinese Club
Real Madrid and Welsh star Gareth Bale is set to leave the Spanish club to join Chinese club Jiangsu Suning, where he will be reportedly paid 1 million pounds per week. As Real Madrid signed new players ahead of the new season, Gareth will certainly spend the new campaign on the bench if he doesn't leave Real Madrid. Last season, Bale faced one of the worst seasons in his career when Real Madrid finished the season with 12 defeats and 68 points in La Liga. Though he scored 14 goals in 42 appearances in all competitions last season, it was not enough for him to help the club to win any major championships. Frequent injuries also affected Bale's performances in later seasons. Injuries kept Bale away from football for months. Real Madrid faced criticism when they faced 3rd in La Liga and they were knocked out of Champions League by Ajax.
Bale who started his career at Southampton at the age of 16 never had to turn back in his career. His impressive performance earned him a deal at Tottenham Hotspur. He joined Real Madrid in a then world-record $100 million deal. With Real Madrid, he won 4 Champions League, one La Liga title, one Copa del Rey, 3 UEFA Super Cups, and 3 Club World Cups.
When was Gareth Bale born?
Gareth Bale was born to a father Frank and a mother Debbie Bale on July 16, 1989, in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom. He is the nephew of Chris Pike, a former Cardiff City player. Bale attended Eglwys Newydd Primary School at Whitchurch. Bale used to play for Cardiff Civil Service Football Club during his early childhood. Bale was a die heart fan of fellow Welshman and Manchester United player Ryan Giggs. Bale attended Whitchurch High School in Cardiff. Bale trained at Southampton's satellite academy in Bath. At the age of 16, Bale helped his school's under-18 team to win the Cardiff & Vale Senior Cup. Cancer is his Zodiac sign and his religion is Atheist. He holds Welsh nationality and his ethnic background is Welsh-White. Thus, his race is White. He also has a sibling; a sister named Vicky Bale.
Gareth Bale Club Career
- At the age of 16 years and 275 days, Bale became the second-youngest player after Theo Walcott to play for Southampton in 2006.
- Bale established himself as a freekick specialist and won the Carwyn James Award for the BBC Wales Young Sports Personality of the Year in December 2006.
- Bale was also named Football League Young Player of the Year in 2007. Bale made 45 appearances for Southampton and scored five goals.
- Tottenham Hotspur signed Gareth Bale on a four-year deal on May 25, 2007, for a transfer fee of 7 million pounds.
- Bale made his competitive debut for Tottenham against Manchester United on August 26 and scored his debut goal in his second appearance for the club against Fulham.
- Bale got injured against Birmingham City on December 2, 2007, and missed the rest of the entire season. Bale returned to active duty towards the end of the 2008-09 season.
- Bale was again ruled out for two months due to injury in June 2009 and returned on September 26.
- Bale started flourishing in his performances for Tottenham and was named Barclays Player of the Month for April 2010.
- Bale helped Spurs to reach the UCL qualification place and was rewarded a new four-year contract with Spurs on May 7, 2010.
- Bale scored a head-high volley against Stoke City, which was awarded Goal of the Month for August 2010 by the BBC.
- Bale scored his first Champions League goal against Dutch champions FC Twente on September 29.
- Bale scored his first senior career hat trick against Inter Milan in UCL on October 20.
- Bale scored his first Premier League hat-trick against Aston Villa.
- Bale was named Premier League Player of the Month of February and BBC's Goal of the Month in both January and February 2013
- After Cristiano Ronaldo's departure from Real Madrid in mid-2018, Gareth Bale has been given the main duty to win games for the team.
- Bale was signed by Real Madrid on September 1, 2013, for an undisclosed fee.
- Documents related to the transfer were leaked by Football Leaks in January 2016, which confirmed a world record transfer fee of 100.8 million euros.
- Bale made his Real Madrid debut against Villarreal and scored his first goal for the club in his debut game.
- Bale scored his first hat-trick for Real Madrid against Real Valladolid on November 30, 2013.
- Bale scored his first El Classico goal and a winning goal for Real Madrid against rivals Barcelona in the 2014 Copa del Rey Final on 16 April. Bale outsprinted Barca defender Marc Bartra almost from the halfway line and converted it into the best goal of his career.
- Bale scored a vital goal for Real Madrid, which gave Real Madrid a 2-1 lead against city rivals Atletico Madrid in the 110th minute in the 2014 Champions League Final. Real Madrid lifted their 10th UCL Title.
- The same season the BBC trio, Bale, Benzema, and Cristiano Ronaldo finished the season with combined 97 goals.
- Bale scored four goals in a single game against Rayo Vallecano on December 20, 2015.
- Bale became the highest-scoring British player (43 goals) in La Liga history surpassing Gary Lineker on March 20, 2016.
- Bale proved himself vital when Real Madrid won their 11th UCL title 2015-16 after a win over city rival Atletico Madrid in a penalty shootout.
- Bale became injury-prone at Real Madrid which kept him out of the play for many months. Bale damaged his ankle tendons and ruled him out for four months in November 2016.
- Bale won his third and Real Madrid's 12th UCL Title after defeating Seria A champion Juventus in the Final.
- Bale also became the first substitute to score two goals in a 2017-18 UCL Final, when Real Madrid won their 13th, third in a row UCL Title after defeating English club, Liverpool.
- Gareth Bale has a good start in his new 2018-19 campaign for Real Madrid.
- As of July 2019, he was close to leaving the club but later that month a proposed transfer to Chinese club Jiangsu Suning was called off by Real Madrid.
- Ex-Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon also said that Bale should return to Tottenham.
- for the 2019-2020 season, he made 16 appearances during the league season, as Real Madrid won the 2019-2020 La Liga.
- He returned to Tottenham Hotspur on a season-long loan on 19 September 2020.
- On 3rd December, he scored his 200th career goal in a 3-3 draw against LASK in the Europa League.
- On 2nd May, he scored a hat-trick in a 4-0 win against Sheffield United.
- On 23rd May 2021, he came off the bench to score two goals against Leicester City in a 4-2 away victory which led Tottenham to a 7th place finish, ensuring qualification to the Europa Conference League.
- During his loan spell at Tottenham Hotspur, he made 34 appearances for the club, scoring 16 goals and providing 3 assists in all the competitions.
- During his 2021-22 season, he made 7 appearances for the club, scoring once in all the competitions as Real Madrid won the La Liga and UEFA Champions League that season.
Los Angeles FC:
- On 7 July 2022, he subsequently joined MLS club Los Angeles FC on a free transfer. He made his debut for the club on 18 July 2022 in a 2-1 win against Nashville. On 24 July 2022, he scored his first goal for the club in a 2-0 win against Kansas City.
How was Gareth Bale's International Career?
- Bale was eligible to play for England as well through his grandmother. But Bale chose Wales.
- On May 27, 2006, Gareth Bale made his senior debut for Welsh International against Trinidad and Tobago at the age of 16 years and 314 days becoming the youngest player for Wales.
- Previously Lewin Nyatanga held the record.
- Later, Harry Wilson claimed the record in November 2012. Bale became the youngest player on October 7, 2006, to score a goal for the Wales senior team.
- Bale scored a wonderful freekick against Slovakia in the Euro 2008 qualification.
- Bale led Wales to UEFA Euro 2016, a major competition since 1958, and became the first Welsh player to score in a major international tournament since Terry Medwin's goal in 1958.
- Bale led their first 2016 Euro campaign up to the semi-final.
- They lost 2-0 to the eventual champions, Portugal. Bale became Wales' all-time top-scorer after scoring his first career hat trick for Wales against China in the 2018 China Cup.
- Bale surpassed Ian Rush, who previously held the record with 28 goals for Wales. Bale has already scored 31 international goals as of June 2019.
- Gareth was selected as captain of the Wales squad for the delayed UEFA Euro 2020 tournament in May 2021.
- He played against Turkey on 16th June 2021 with a winning score of 2-0. He next played against Switzerland on 12th June 2021 with the equalizer score of 1-1. Wales will play against Italy on 20th June 2021.
- Since his debut, he has obtained 106 caps and scored 60 goals for Wales.
Who is Gareth Bale's Wife?
Looking at his personal life, Garth Bale is a married man. He got married to his long-term girlfriend, Emma Rhys Jones who have been together for a long time. They met in the early 2000s. The couple likes to keep their private life away from the public eye. That’s why they don’t share much information about their relationship in the media. They both went to the same high school, and that’s where they met each other. After some time, they got attracted to each other and fell in love. They started dating in 2000. Their love was unconditional and without any bound. The couple helped each other to overcome difficulties. After almost ten years of dating, they tied the knot in 2019. They kept their wedding ceremony low-key, and only 60 guests were invited to the ceremony. They got married in a five-star hotel on a Majorcan island. The couple is blessed with four children: their first child, Alba Violet was born in Cardiff on 21 October 2012, their second child, Nava Valentina was born on 22 March 2016, their third child, Alex Charles was born on 8 May 2018, and their fourth child, Xander Frank Bale on 7 July 2021. At present, they are enjoying their life happily together without any disturbances.
How much is Gareth Bale's Net Worth?
Real Madrid signed Bale on a world record transfer fee at that time for 100.8 million euros. Bale surpassed Cristiano Ronaldo (94 million Euro, the highest transfer fee at that time). Today Bale endorsed several companies like Adidas, EA Sports, Lucozade, and BT Sport. Bale has an annual salary of £27 million from his current team. He is making more than $9 million from endorsement deals. As of 2022, the net worth of Bale is estimated to be around $150 million. He is one of the richest athletes in the entire world. In addition, his market value is around €3 million. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings and is living a luxurious lifestyle.
How tall is Gareth Bale?
Gareth Bale is a handsome hunk. stands at the height of 1.85m i.e. 6 feet and 1 inches tall. He has a bodyweight of 178 lbs. Moreover, he has an athletic body build. His hair color is dark brown and his eye color is blue. He has a shaggy and simian-style haircut. He makes a heart-shaped sign with his hands after scoring a goal. His chest size is 45 in, his arms size is 15 in and his waist size is 32 in or 81 cm. In addition, his sexual orientation is straight. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
Garth Bale’s Transfer History
- He played football for the youth team of Cardiff Civil Service.
- In 1999, he joined the youth team of Southampton and began his professional career at the club.
- In May 2007, he signed a four-year deal with Tottenham Hotspur with the club paying an initial £5 million for the player, potentially rising to £10 million based on appearances and success.
- In September 2013, he was transferred to Real Madrid for an undisclosed fee, which was confirmed to be a world record transfer fee of £85.1 million (€100.8 million).
- In September 2020, he returned to Tottenham Hotspur on a season-long loan.
- In July 2022, he subsequently joined MLS club Los Angeles FC on a free transfer.
Honors and Achievements
- La Liga 2016-17, 2019-20, 2021-22
- Copa del Rey 2013-14
- Supercopa de Espana 2017
- UEFA Champions League 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18, 2021-22
- UEFA Super Cup 2014, 2016, 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup 2014, 2017, 2018
- BBC Wales Carwyn James Junior Sportsman of the Year 2006
- FAW Young Player of the Year 2007
- BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year 2010
- Tottenham Hotspur Young Player of the Year 2009–10, 2010–11
- Tottenham Hotspur Player of the Year 2012–13
- UEFA Team of the Year 2011, 2013
- ESM Team of the Year 2012–13
- PFA Team of the Year 2006–07 Championship, 2010–11 Premier League, 2011–12 Premier League, 2012–13 Premier League.
- PFA Players' Player of the Year 2010–11, 2012–13
- PFA Young Player of the Year 2012–13
- FWA Footballer of the Year 2012–13
- Premier League Player of the Season 2012–13
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 2nd team 2013
- Premier League Player of the Month April 2010, January 2012, February 2013
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season 2015–16
- Welsh Footballer of the Year 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- FIFA Club World Cup Top goalscorer 2014
- The Football Manager Team of the Decade 2015
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 3rd team 2014, 2016
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 4th team 2015
- FIFA FIFPro World XI 5th team 2017
- FIFA Club World Cup Golden Ball: 2018
Trivias About Gareth Bale You Need To Know.
- 2010-11 UEFA Champions League became Gareth Bale 's career turning point
- Football leaks leaked the transfer documents related to Gareth Bale, which confirmed Real Madrid bought Gareth Bale for a world record transfer fee of 100.8 million Euro.
- Bale became Wale's youngest player at that time to represent the nation.
- Bale is Wales' all-time top scorer for Wales National Team with 30 goals.
- Bale has been named Welsh Footballer of the Year a record six times.
- Bale changed his shirt number from 3 to 11 before the start of the 2012-13 season
- Bale scored a famous goal of his career against Barcelona in 2014 Copa del Rey Final, when he scored a brilliant goal outsprinting Barcelona Defender Marc Bartra from halfway line.
- Bale scored four goals in a single match against Rayo Vallecano.