Garth Brooks - Bio, Net Worth, Songs, Albums, Tour, Married, Wife, Family, Age, Facts, Wiki, Retire, Height, Nationality, Parents, Daughter, News
Garth Brooks is an American singer and songwriter who gained popularity for his integration of rock and pop elements into the country genre. Brooks has given several multi-platinum recordings and record-breaking live performances for which he has won two Grammy Awards, 17 American Music Awards and the RIAA Award for best-selling solo albums artist of the century in the U.S. Besides, Brooks is the only artist in music history who have released seven albums that achieved diamond status in the United States ever in 2019.
What is Garth Brooks Famous for?
- Famous as the artist who brought rock and pop elements into the country genre.
When and Where was Garth Brooks Born?
Garth Brooks was born on February 7, 1962, in Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States. His birth name is Troyal Garth Brooks. His nationality is American. Brooks belongs to mixed ethnicity(English, Irish, German, and French) while Aquarius is his zodiac sign.
Garth Brooks is the youngest son of Troyal Raymond Brooks, Jr.(father) and Colleen McElroy Carroll(mother). His father was a draftsman for an oil company while his mother was an Irish singer who recorded on the Capitol Records label and appeared on Ozark Jubilee. Brooks was raised in Yukon, Oklahoma, along with his five elder siblings: Kelly(biological sister) and 4 other half-siblings: Jim, Jerry, Mike, and Betsy.
Belonging to a family having a musical background, Brooks learned to play both the guitar and banjo to perform in their house's weekly talent nights where all of his siblings used to perform. He even sang in casual family settings however, he was always interested in athletics.
Brooks played football, baseball and ran track and field during his high school. He even got a track scholarship to study at Oklahoma State University. Later in 1984, he graduated from Oklahoma State University with a degree in advertising where he also starred on the track and field team. He completed his MBA from "Oklahoma State" and also participated in the commencement ceremony on May 6, 2011.
When did Garth Brooks Start His Professional Career?
- Garth Brooks kicked off his professional music career in 1985, singing and playing guitar in Wild Willie's Saloon, Stillwater and other Oklahoma clubs and bars.
- In the same year 1985, after entertainment attorney, Rod Phelps heard the song of Brooks, Phelps offered to produce Brooks' first demo.
- Brooks moved to Nashville from where he started making contacts in the music industry.
- His eponymous first album was released in 1989 that peaked No. 2 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart and No. 13 on the Billboard 200 chart.
- His singles, "Much Too Young(To Feel This Damn Old)", "If Tomorrow Never Comes", "Not Counting You" and "The Dance" reached a higher ranking.
- Brooks' second album "No Fences", was released in 1990 which peaked at No. 1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
- The album with singles, "The Thunder Rolls" and "Unanswered Prayers" became the highest-selling album, with domestic shipments of 17 million.
- His third album, "Ropin' the Wind" with the singles "The River", "What She's Doing Now", and "Shameless" were released in September 1991. The album entered the Billboard 200 No. 1, a first for a country artist.
- The success party went on happening as his fourth hit album, "The Chase" with the hit singles, "Somewhere Other Than the Night, "Learning to Live Again", and "That Summer" was released in 1993.
- Brooks released his first Christmas album, "Beyond the Season" on August 25, 1992, which was the best selling Christmas album of the year.
- Brooks released his fifth album, "In Pisces" and began his first world tour in 1993.
- In November 1995, Brooks released his sixth studio album, "Fresh Horses" with singles "She's Every Woman", "The Fever" and "The Beaches of Cheyenne". His seventh studio album, "Sevens" was released in 1997 and his first live album, "Double Live" was released in 1998.
- Brooks retired in 2004 but took a brief break from retirement early in 2005.
- In 2009, he performed at the "We Are One: The Obama Inaugural Celebration at the Lincoln Memorial" concert in Washington, D.C.
- During the 2000s, Brooks went on for several tours and performances al over the country.
- On September 3, 2014, Brooks released his comeback single, "People Loving People".
- Brooks released the first single, "Baby, Let's Lay Down and Dance" from the album, "Gunslinger" on October 13, 2016.
- Brooks released a new single, "All Day Long", from his upcoming 2019 album, "Fun" on June 19, 2018.
- Later in August 2018, Brooks announced his Stadium Tour and performed his first concert at the University of Notre Dame's football stadium in 2018.
Who is Garth Brooks Married to?
Garth Brooks has married twice throughout his entire life to date. Brooks previously got married to his college sweetheart, Sandy Mahl. Mahl is also a popular songwriter. The couple got married on May 24, 1986. They share three daughters: Taylor Mayne Pearl, August Anna, and Allie Colleen Brooks.
After living together for almost 13 long years, the couple separated in March 1999 and later on December 17, 2001, they got officially divorced. The divorce led to his early retirement and a settlement of $124 million.
Brooks later met the beautiful lady, Trisha Yearwood who previously had married for thrice. Brooks and Yearwood got engaged on May 25, 2005, and on December 10, 2005, they officially got united.
Brooks is living a happy life with his wife, also he is now the grandfather of his grandchild named Karalynn from his daughter, August.
Is Garth Brooks A Millionaire? How Much Does He Earn?
Garth Brooks has a great earning through his career as a country singer. Considering all the hard works and time that Brooks has put on his career, he has managed to amass a great fortune of the amount in million dollars through his music albums and tours. Brooks enjoys his fortune which is estimated to be around $330 million. While his annual earning is $90 million.
Country music icon Brooks is also named as the bestselling solo musician in the U.S., with over 148 million units sold domestically. With his albums and tours, he has amassed a million dollars in his account.
Also, Brooks’ tours are among the highest-grossing tours. Their World Tour in the (2014-17)grossed over $364.0 million, his (1996-98) solo tour earned over $105.0 million which clearly stated that he earned approximately $1.0 million at every show. It was also reported that he was paid $100,000 for a show in Chicago in 2015. Brooks also had signed a lucrative Las Vegas residency deal in 2009.
With all the fortune in a million dollars, he has managed to live a lavish and luxurious lifestyle. Brooks previously used to live in a mansion in Oklahoma worth $3.5 million with his wife, Yearwood. The couple sold another home in Malibu for $7.0 million in 2016. Besides, they have another home in Nashville, which is rent on Airbnb for just $131.00 per night.
How Tall is Garth Brooks?
The popular singer of 57, Garth Brooks has an average body build. Brooks has a great height as he stands tall with a height of 6ft. 1inch.(1.85m) while his body weighs around 83kg(183 lbs). Brooks has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.
Trivias About Garth Brooks You Need To Know.
- Brooks previously often sang in casual family settings, but his primary focus was always to be an athlete.
- Brooks was most fond of rock music and cited James Taylor, Dan Fogelberg, and Townes Van Zandt as major influences.
- In 1989, Brooks embarked on his first major concert tour, as an opening act for Kenny Rogers.
- It was also reported that he was paid $100,000 for a show in Chicago in 2015.