Last updated on November 11th, 2019 at 03:31 pm
Facts About Gary Anthony Williams
|Celebrated Name||Gary Anthony Williams|
|Age||57 Years Old|
|Nick Name||Gary Anthony Williams|
|Birth Name||Gary Anthony Williams|
|Place Of Birth||Fayetteville, Georgia|
|Wife||Leslie Jean Billingsley|
|Height||5 feet 11 inches|
|Net Worth||$2 Million|
|Source of Wealth||Entertainment Industry|
|Links||Wikipedia, Twitter, Facebook|
Gary Anthony Williams is an American actor and comedian and a voice actor. He is involved with theater, films as well as TV and has contributed a lot to all these three platforms. A look into his bio shows that he has been in the entertainment industry for a long time and had officially set his foot into it in 1990. It was in 1988 that he moved to Los Angeles for greener pastures. To know more about the actor, keep reading below.
Where is Gary Anthony Williams born?
Recalling his early life, Gary was born in Fayetteville, Georgia. He is American by nationality and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. He practices the Jewish religion. There is no information divulged about his parents, siblings or other family members. Information related to his academic qualification is also missing from the record. In the case we update, we will let you know.
How Gary Anthony Williams become an actor?
- Moving towards his career, Gary started with stage roles, working with the Georgia Shakespeare Festival, while he was also involved in “Agatha’s: A Taste of Mystery”, and became a part of the longest-running improv troupe in Atlanta, called Laughing Matters.
- After almost a decade of experience of acting on stage and in an improv comedy troupe, Gary moved to Los Angeles to pursue further his acting career.
- Initially, Gary didn’t have much success, until he was chosen for the part of Abraham ‘Abe’ Kenarban in the TV series “Malcolm in the Middle” (2000-2006), then in 2002 he was chosen for the part of Smart Brother in the action comedy film “Undercover Brother”, starring Eddie Griffin, Denise Richards, and Aunjanue Ellis.
- Gary couldn’t find a place for himself on the screen, which resulted in him focusing more on voice roles. It was in 2005 that he made his breakthrough when he was chosen as the voice of Uncle Ruckus in the animated TV series “The Boondocks”, which lasted until 2015, making Gary quite popular in the world of voice actors.
- He continued with voice roles, firstly in the TV series “The Goode Family” in 2009, then as Mr. Dos in another animated series “Special Agent Oso” (2009-2012), followed by voicing Dr. Falgot in the animated series “China, IL” (2011-2015), while from 2014 to 2016, Gary was the voice behind Dream Wizard, Wizard, and Reneger in the animated series “TripTank”.
- Nothing has stopped Gary from continuing his voice acting career in recent years, and in 2014 he started giving his voice to Dirty Dan in the animated series “Sheriff Callie’s Wild West” (2014-2017), then to Mustafa in “The Lion Guard” (2016-2018), among many other voice roles that have helped him become so successful.
- Following his role of Smart Brother, he played Tarik in the comedy film “Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle”, while his next notable role was as Clarence Bell in the TV series “Boston Legal”, featuring in 36 episodes from the third season until the end of the series. He then became fully focused on voice acting, and until 2012 didn’t have any role worth mentioning, then co-starring with Cedric the Entertainer in the comedy series “The Soul Man”.
- The series lasted until 2016 when he was cast in another notable role, as Bebop in the new take on the popular teenage ninja turtles franchise entitled “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows”. Most recently, Gary started portraying Brian in the TV series “I’m Sorry”, and is working on the horror-comedy film “WRZ: White Racist Zombies”, scheduled for release in 2019.
Who is Gary Anthony Williams?
Reflecting on his personal life, Williams is married to Leslie Jean Billingsley. They both live together presently in Sherman Oaks, California. She is a professional project manager and the couple has two children together whose name is Ethan Williams and Belinda Williams. They are living happily together at present without rumors of extra affairs or divorce.
What is the net worth of Gary Anthony Williams?
As an actor, Gary earns a decent amount of money and fame in the field of the entertainment industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to $2 million and his salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Gary Anthony Williams?
Observing his body statistics, Gary stands a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighs around 88 Kg. His both eyes and skin color are black. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.
Trivias About Gary Anthony Williams You Need To Know.
- Gary landed his first paid acting job as part of the Georgia Shakespeare Company. His first television role was in the series In the Heat of the Night (1988).
- He claims to be "the largest vegetarian in California, next to cows.".
- Gary realized his love for acting when a computer error in high school accidentally signed him up for a drama class and he was too lazy to get out of it.