Gavan O'Herlihy - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Death, Death Cause, Wife, Children, Family, Parents, Nationality, Ethnicity, Height, Facts, Career, Shows. Wiki
Gavan O'Herlihy was an Irish-born American actor. He was famous for playing Chuck Cunningham in the first episodes of "Happy Days", as well as his appearances in films such as "Never Say Never Again", "Death Wish 3", "Willow", and "Superman III". He has over thirty screen credits to his name, most of them in villainous or antagonistic roles. He has also appeared in "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman" television series. As an avid tennis player, he also became Irish National Tennis Champion.
Gavan O'Herlihy Dies At 70
Gavan O'Herlihy, who played the role of Chuck Cunningham in the early episodes of "Happy Days" has died in Bath, England, his agent said. "He was a wonderful actor with a long and distinguished career in film, television, and theatre and was respected as a man of directness, sincerity, and honesty," Michael Emptage told. "Gavan was larger than life and is greatly missed by all who knew him, most particularly by his adoring wife and family," Emptage said. He was 70 years old at the time of his death. No cause of death was given. Before he appeared on ABC's 1970s sitcom "Happy Days," he made a cameo on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." O'Herlihy's Cunningham appeared on "Happy Days" for nine episodes during the first season in 1974, according to IMDb. He was replaced by Randolph Roberts for two more episodes that aired the same year. He made appearances in multiple TV series, including "Rich Man, Poor Man," "The Bionic Woman" and "The Amazing Spider-Man," throughout the 1970s. He also had a recurring role on "We'll Meet Again" on London's ITV network. "Happy Days" actor Ron Howard wrote: "RIP Gavan. I knew him as the 1st of 2 Chucks on #HappyDays & then as Airk in #Willow where I had the pleasure of directing him. A talented actor with a big free spirit."
Gavan O'Herlihy Cause of Death
Gavan O'Herlihy died on 15th September 2021 in Bath, Somerset. He dies at 70 and his exact cause of death has not been undisclosed yet. He was survived by his wife, Juliette; and his children, Rogan, Lonan, David, and Daniel. His death was not COVID-related.
What was Gavan O'Herlihy Famous For?
- Being an Irish-American actor.
- For his role as Chuck Cunningham in "Happy Days".
What Nationality is Gavan O'Herlihy? Details About His Family, Parents, and Education
Gavan O'Herlihy was born on 29th July 1951 with the birth name of Gavan John O'Herlihy in Dublin, Ireland. He was the son of Irish parents, actor Dan O'Herlihy (father), and Sandymount native Elsie Bennett (mother). He was an Irish-American by nationality and he came from Irish-White ethnic background. He lastly celebrated his 70th birthday as of 2021. As per his birthdate, his Zodiac sign falls under Leo and his religion was Christianity. He grew up with his three siblings namely Lorcan, Cormac, and Patricia.
Focusing on his education, Gavan graduated from Phillips Academy in Massachusetts, and then he attended Trinity College, Dublin. Being a tennis player, he became Irish National Tennis Champion.
Gavan O'Herlihy Career Timeline
- Gavan O'Herlihy, a well-recognized actor has over thirty screen credits to his name, most of them in villainous or antagonistic roles such as "Never Say Never Again", "Superman III", "Death Wish 3" and "The Last Outlaw".
- His heroic role includes Airk Thaughbaer in the 1988 fantasy "Willow" and later in "Sharpe's Eagle".
- After then, he appeared in "Rich Man, Poor Man" and "Tales From The Crypt".
- In addition, he starred as John Garrideb in "The Mazarin Stone" from Granada TV's Sherlock Holmes series in 1994. Later, the events of the story were rewritten and merged with "The Adventure of the Three Garridebs".
- He was cast as the eldest sibling, Chuck Cunningham, on "Happy Days". Then, he was replaced by Randolph Roberts until the episode "Guess Who's Coming to Christmas".
- He played a warrior in the George Lucas production "Willow", directed by his Happy Days brother, Ron Howard.
- Next, he appeared in the pilot episode of "Star Trek: Voyager, 'Caretaker'", as the Kazon First Mate, Jabin, and then, he appeared in "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman" television series.
- In 1989, he was cast as sadistic killer Dan Suggs in the miniseries "Lonesome Dove".
- He then relocated to the UK and performed on British television, including "Coded Hostile", "Sharpe", "Jonathan Creek", and "Midsomer Murders".
- In the year 2009, he returned to the big screen as Sheriff Vaines in the follow up to Neil Marshall's cult horror film, "The Descent 2", and over a decade later returned to the screen again to play the leading role of writer John Anderson for director Nic Saunders in "Queen of the Redwood Mountains", a film inspired by the authors of the Beat Generation, due for release in the year 2021.
Gavan O'Herlihy Wife and Children: Who was he married to?
Gavan O'Herlihy was a married man to his beautiful wife, Juliette. The duo was also blessed with four children namely Rogan, Lonan, David, and Daniel. Prior to his death, the family was living a happy life and they were residing in Bath, Somerset. His sexual orientation was straight and he was not gay. There was no extramarital news about him with anyone except with his wife. He was very loyal and supportive to his wife.
How much was Gavan O'Herlihy Net Worth?
Gavan O'Herlihy was a famed and talented actor whose net worth was estimated to have between in the range of $1 Million - $5 Million at the time of his death. He had appeared in many movies and TV shows during his lifetime. There are no details about his career earnings, annual salary and income revealed to the media. His main source of wealth came from his acting career. Before his demise, he was living a lavish lifestyle.
How tall was Gavan O'Herlihy?
Gavan O'Herlihy was a cool man with an average body type. His hair color and beard color, both were salt and pepper. He had a perfect height of 1.89 m or 6 ft 3 in. More information about his body measurements and weight has not been disclosed yet. However, he maintained his body a lot. He had a pair of attractive light brown eyes.
Trivias About Gavan O'Herlihy You Need To Know.
- Gavan O'Herlihy played Chuck Cunningham in the first episodes of "Happy Days".
- He has also appeared in "The Six Million Dollar Man" and "The Bionic Woman" television series.
- As an avid tennis player, he also became Irish National Tennis Champion.
- He was born to Irish parents.
- His Zodiac sign falls under Leo.