Gavin Rossdale - Bio, Net Worth, Wife, Personal Life, Girlfriend, Nationality, Age, Parents, Family, Siblings, Height, Wiki, Facts, Band, Career, Kids
Gavin Rossdale is an English singer, songwriter, actor, and musician from Marylebone, London. He is best known as the lead singer and rhythm guitarist of the rock band "Bush". He helped form Bush in 1992 upon the band's separation in 2002 and resumed his role in Bush when the band reunited in 2010. He was also the lead singer and guitarist of the American rock band "Institute". He has also starred in several films such as "Zoolander" (2001), "Mayor of the Sunset Strip" (2004), "Little Black Book" (2004), "the Game of Their Lives" (2005), "Constantine" (2005), "How to Rob a Bank" (2008), and "The Bling Ring" (2013). He won the Ivor Novello award for International Achievement in 2013. He is also active on social media platforms. He has more than 266k followers on Instagram, more than 434k followers on Twitter, and more than 253k followers on Facebook.
What is Gavin Rossdale famous for?
- Famous as an English singer, songwriter, actor, and musician.
- Being the founder as well as the lead Vocalist of the British rock band, "Bush".
Where is Gavin Rossdale from?
Gavin Rossdale was born on 30 October 1965, in Marylebone, London, England, UK. His birth name is Gavin McGregor Rossdale and his nickname is Mac Rock. his father, Douglas Rossdale is a doctor, and his mother, Barbara Stephan Bowie, a former model. He has Three Siblings, Soraya Rossdale (younger sister), Lorraine Rossdale (older sister), and Georgina Rossdale-Smith(Stepsister). His parents divorced when he was 11, and he was raised by his father and aunt. George Harold Rossdale and Katie Alberta Woolf were his paternal grandparents. Gavin attended Westminster School but he left his school at age of 17and formed a band called Midnight.
He is British by nationality and belongs to a Mixed (Ashkenazi Jewish, Scottish) ethnicity. He is of Scottish descent from his mother's side and Russian Jewish descent from his father's side. His zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Gavin Rossdale's Career Highlights
- Gavin Rossdale formed a pop band called Midnight alongside Sacha Puttnam During the 1980s.
- Later on, he became a member of the group "The Little Dukes". According to Alex Tate, the Little Dukes' music was oppugnant to Rossdale's musical preferences at the time.
- In 1991, Rossdale moved to Los Angeles to explore bigger opportunities, where he took a number of odd jobs like a house painter and a video art illustrator.
- On his return to England, he met guitarist Nigel Pulsford, bassist David Parsons, screenwriter Sacha Gervasi and drummer Robin Goodridge with whom he formed a band called Future Primitive in 1992.
- In 1994, the band changed its name to Bush and released its first album "Sixteen Stone". The album was a huge commercial success becoming a best seller.
- In 1996, the band's second album "Razorblade Suitcase" was released but it received mostly negative reviews from critics. However, it reached the number-one spot on the billboard 200.
- They released a remix album, "Deconstructed" in 1997 which consisted of complete remixes of the band's previous songs. It did not include any new material.
- The band's new album titled "The Science of Things" released in 1999. Although the album sold well, it was not successful as the previous ones.
- In 2001, On October 23, 2001, they released their fourth studio album, "Golden State" through Atlantic Recorded. The album did not fare well and registered very low sales as compared to the group's previous albums.
- Although the band reached superstar status in the United States, they failed to have much impact in the United Kingdom.
- Thereafter, the band's sales and opportunities began declined which led to the disbanded band in 2002 and each of the members going their separate way.
- The same year, Rossdale performed a song entitled 'Adrenaline' for the soundtrack of the film "XXX". The song was also the official theme song for WWE's Unforgiven pay-per-view event in September 2002 and also was the Undertaker's Desire/Tribute theme of that same year.
- He was also featured in Blue Man Group's song "The Current" in 2003. The song was also used in the film, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.
- In 2004, Rossdale formed a new alternative rock band, "Institute" along with Chris Traynor, Cache Tolman, and Charlie Walker.
- On September 13, 2005, the band released its first album, "Distort Yourself" which achieved moderate success, and its single 'Bulletproof' Skin was used in the motion picture "Stealth". However, the band could not do well and broke up in 2006.
- Rossdale covered John Lennon's Mind Games for the album, "Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur" in 2007.
- On June 3, 2008, Rossdale released his debut solo album, "Wanderlust". However, his attempt to go solo did not work much in his favor as the album did not do well.
- On 21 June 2010, it was announced that Bush would return and planned to release a new album, and "The Sea of Memories" was released on 13 September 2011. The album met with mixed reviews.
- Since then Bush has released three more albums; "Man on the Run" (2014), "Black and White Rainbows" (2017), and "The Kingdom" (2020).
- He has provided the vocals for the Apocalyptica song "End of Me" which is the lead single from their album, '7th Symphony'. He was also a judge for the 10th annual Independent Music Awards to support Independent artists' careers.
- On 27 October 2017, Rossdale performed the song "Leave Out All the Rest" along with Linkin Park at their special memorial concert in memory of vocalist Chester Bennington.
- Apart from his singing career, he has also starred in several films such as "Zoolander" (2001), "Mayor of the Sunset Strip" (2004), "Little Black Book" (2004), "the Game of Their Lives" (2005), "Constantine" (2005), "How to Rob a Bank" (2008), and "The Bling Ring" (2013).
- Furthermore, he portrayed the character of a rock star named Paul Davies in the crime drama television series "Criminal Minds" in the episode "The performer" in 2009.
- He has also appeared in the eighth episode of season 5 of "Burn Notice" and appeared as villain Johnny Moreau in the 100th episode of "Hawaii Five-0" in November 2014.
Gavin Rossdale's personal life
Currently, Gavin Rossdale seems to be single because there is no information about his dating or relationships.
But, Gavin was previously married to the famous American singer and songwriter Gwen Stefani. The couple began dating each other in 1995 and finally, they got married on 14 September 2002. They had three children named Kingston James McGregor Rossdale(2006), Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale(2008), and Apollo Bowie Flynn Rossdale(2014). But after13 years of their marriage, Stefani filed for divorce from Rossdale, citing irreconcilable differences on 3 August 2015 and their divorce was finalized on 8 April 2016.
Rossdale dated Suze DeMarchi in the late 1980s. DeMarchi was the lead singer for the band Baby Animals and the song Comedown is about their relationship.
He had been in a relationship with an English actress Perl Lowe in 1988. In 2004, after a paternity test, it was discovered that he is the biological father of her daughter, Daisy Lowe who was born in 1989.
He was also romantically linked with Emily Lloyd (1990), Nicole Appleton (1999), Elin Nordegren (2016), Sophia Thomalla (2017-2018), and Natalie Golba (2019).
Gavin Rossdale's Height
Gavin Rossdale is a handsome man with a charming personality and an athletic body build. He stands with a tall height of 1.85m(6 feet and 1 inch) which perfectly matches his body weight of 86kg(189.6 lbs.). His body measurements included his chest, waist, and bicep sizes are 43 inches, 35 inches, and 15.5 inches respectively. He has pair of Dark Brown eyes and his hair color is also Dark Brown. He is bisexual by sexuality.
Gavin Rossdale's Networth
As an accomplished singer-songwriter, Gavin Rossdale has accumulated an estimated net worth of around $40 million as of 2021. His most of income comes from his singing career. He is also paid for his appearances in several films and television series. As of now, he is living a lavish lifestyle. However, the information's regarding his salary, and other assets like cars, the mansion has not been disclosed yet.
Trivias About Gavin Rossdale You Need To Know.
- The family surname was originally Rosentar.
- He loves reading and his favourite writers are Ian McEwan, Kate Hughes and Paul Auster.
- He is good friends with tennis player Roger Federer and his wife.
- The popular music magazine Hit Parader has ranked him in the last spot in the list of Top 100 Heavy Metal Vocalists.
- He has worked as a voice coach in the reality TV show, The Voice UK in 2017.