Gaynor Faye - Bio, Net Worth, Age, Partner, Parents, Career, Childrens
Gaynor Faye is an English actress and writer who is well-recognized for being the youngest daughter of Kay Mellor, an English actress, TV scriptwriter, and director. She was the champion of the first season of the British Dancing reality show "Dancing on Ice" which premiered in 2006 on the ITV network where she was partnered with Daniel Whiston, an English Ice skater, and dancer. She has been awarded an honorary Doctorate of Arts from Leeds Metropolitan University. Beginning her acting career in the early 1990s, she made her Television debut with the hit British Soap opera "Coronation Street" playing the role of Judy Mallett in 1995, and with her appearance in the show, she came into the spotlight. The former Coronation Street star also famously starred as Megan Macey in the other popular British soap opera "Emmerdale" from 2012 until 2019.
When was Gaynor Faye born?
Gaynor Faye was born on 26th August 1971 in Leeds, the largest city in the county of West Yorkshire, England. Her birth name is Gaynor Kay Mellor. She holds an English nationality and belongs to the white caucasian ethnicity. Her star sign is Virgo. She is a follower of Buddhism.
Faye was born to her mother Kay Mellor and her father Anthony Miller. At the time of their marriage, Anthony was 17 and Kay was only 16. Her mother was an English actress, scriptwriter, and director who died on 15 May 2022. She grew up with her older sister Yvonne Francas in her hometown Leeds. Yvonne serves as a television producer.
Everything To Know About Gaynor Faye Mother, Kay Mellor
As for education, Faye attended the Lawnswood School where she completed her high school education in 1990 at the age of 19. Then, she begins to involve in the acting industry.
What does Gaynor Faye do for a living?
- Gaynor Faye began her acting career in the early 1990s.
- She made her debut role in the British soap opera "Coronation Street" in 1995.
- In Coronation Street, she played the role of Judy Mallett for five years until 1999.
- From 1998 to 2002, she starred as Holly Quinn in a BBC television drama series "Playing the Field".
- She portrayed Lauren Harris in an ITV British drama "Fat Friends" from 12 October 2000 to 24 March 2005.
- In 2006, Faye appeared in the inaugural season of ITV's dancing reality show "Dancing on Ice" and eventually become the winner.
- From 2006 to 2007, Faye starred as Anna Williams Bedford in "The Chase".
- Faye appeared as a guest panelist on the British talk show "Loose Women" in September 2010.
- In 2011, Faye played Zarina Wix in the children's program, "Dani's House".
- From 2012 to 2019, she played the role of Megan Macey in the British soap opera "Emmerdale".
- In March 2021, Faye starred as Cheryl Armitage in the BBC One drama "The Syndicate" which was written by her mother Kay Mellor.
Who is Gaynor Faye Sister, Yvonne Francas?
Who is Gaynor Faye Husband?
Gaynor Faye has been in a long-term relationship with her partner Mark Pickering. By profession, Mark is a journalist and sports broadcast commentator especially related to wrestling. He holds British nationality. Faye and Mark are believed to have dated each other since the early 2000s.
It is not revealed whether they are married or not but they share a strong bond of love and affection between them. The loving partners are the responsible parents of their two adorable children, a teenage daughter Lily Mae Pickering and a son named Oliver Mellor Pickering. The family currently lives in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
How much is Gaynor Faye's net worth?
As of May 2022, the net worth of Gaynor Faye is estimated to be US $2 million. She has managed to earn her fortune through her successful career in the entertainment and glamour world spanning more than two decades. For her role in the coronation street, she was paid around £400 per episode. Moreover, she was making around £250,000 annually for her role in "Emmerdale". She also makes additional income as a scriptwriter and from endorsement deals.
How tall is Gaynor Faye?
Gaynor Faye is a beautiful and bold-looking lady with a slim and hourglass-like body physique. She stands 5 ft 6 inches tall and weighs around 58 Kg. Her body measurement is 36-24-36 inches. She has a straight sexual orientation. Her Bra size is 36D(US), dress size is 8(US) and shoe size is 8 (US). Her hair color is Dark brown while her eye color is Grey.
Trivias About Gaynor Faye You Need To Know.
- Gaynor was bullied throughout her teenage years at school.
- Her maternal grandmother was Jewish.
- She is a dog lover and has four pet dogs.
- She is a fan of opera music.