Gemma Atkinson Bio, Net Worth, Age, Boyfriend, Engaged, Partner, Family, Parents, Nationality, Height, Weight, Surgery, Salary, Career, Shows, Wiki
Gemma Atkinson is a British actress, former glamour model, radio presenter, and TV personality who is famous for playing Lisa Hunter on "Hollyoaks" (2001–2005, 2022) and in three spin-off series, "Hollyoaks: After Hours" (2004), "Hollyoaks: Let Loose" (2005) and "Hollyoaks: In the City" (2006), Tamzin Bayle on "Casualty" (2011–2012, 2014) and Carly Hope on "Emmerdale" (2015–2017). Currently, she presents the drive time slot across the Hits Radio Network. She made her debut movie playing the role of Charlotte Bailey in the 2009 comedy film "Boogie Woogie". She was first signed to a modeling agency at the age of 14 by her mom. She has also appeared in the Bollywood film Fever, where she played the role as Ria alongside Rajeev Khandelwal. Released in the year 2008, she has voiced the role of Lieutenant Eva McKenna in the video game "Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3". For breast cancer awareness, she ran for 5 kilometers in September 2007. As an author, she has released a book entitled "Ultimate Body Plan" which is a combination of 75 delicious recipes plus a workout plan that can deliver real results. Further, she is going to release her second book in 2022 entitled "The Ultimate Body Plan for New Mums". She also has a clothing business which goes by the website "merrrch.com. She is nicknamed Gemma, Thunder Thighs (She got this nickname from her school friends).
What is Gemma Atkinson Famous For?
- Being an actress, radio presenter, and former glamour model.
- For portraying Lisa Hunter in the Channel 4 soap opera "Hollyoaks" from 2001 to 2005. She appeared in a total of 631 episodes.
Where is Gemma Atkinson From? Details About Her Birthname, Family, and Education
Gemma Atkinson's birth name is Gemma Louise Atkinson and her born date is 16th November 1984. She is from Bury, Greater Manchester, England. She is the daughter of David Atkinson (father) whereas the details regarding her mother is still to get disclosed yet. She also has a sibling, a sister namely Nina Brollini. She holds British nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed as her father was Scottish and from Dumfries. Her race is White. She celebrated her 37th birthday as of 2021. She follows Christianity religion and her horoscope sign is Scorpio.
Focusing on her education, Atkinson took her GCSEs at Castlebrook High School, Bury. She has also done a course in nutrition and also wanted to study sports therapy at the university.
Gemma Atkinson Career Timeline
- Gemma Atkinson came to prominence after she played the role of Lisa Hunter on the Channel 4 soap opera "Hollyoaks".
- Then, she alongside Marcus Patric appeared in a spin-off series called "Hollyoaks: Let Loose" for E4 which was then followed by "Hollyoaks: In the City".
- Her other television roles included appearing as herself in the pilot for "Plus One", part of the pilot series "Comedy Showcase" in October 2009.
- She appeared as Ria Crossley, the girlfriend of a drug dealer in "The Bill" in 2009.
- Next, she appeared in the British independent film "Boogie Woogie" in 2009.
- She then began filming for her part in the BBC medical drama "Casualty".
- She played the role of Carly Hope in the ITV soap opera "Emmerdale" in 2015.
- She appeared in the 2010 horror film called "13Hrs" and also in the 2009 film "Baseline".
- After that, she was seen in the 2011 romantic comedy film "How to Stop Being a Loser".
- She played the role of Harriett in the 2012 film "Airborne" and after a year, she starred in a remake of "Night of the Living Dead".
- In 2013, she appeared in "Devil's Pass" and played in the 2016 Bollywood film "Fever".
- She starred in the horror film "Cain Hill" in 2017.
- Regarding her stage work, she appeared in "Peter Pan" in December 2008 and appeared in the West End production of Tim Firth's "Calendar Girls" in 2009.
- Next, she played the lead female role, Belinda in Neil LaBute's play "This Is How It Goes" in 2010.
- Moreover, she has also appeared as a contestant on reality TV series such as "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!", "Celebrity MasterChef" and "Soapstar Superstar" where she reached the last four stages.
- She appeared in "Celebrity Weakest Link" in December 2006 and took part in the BBC's "Celebrity MasterChef" competition in 2007.
- She appeared in the seventh series of "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!" in November 2007 finishing in fifth place.
- She appeared on "Celebrity Mastermind" in January 2008.
- She co-presented the Play.com Live gaming expo at Wembley Stadium on 15/16 March 2008.
- She alongside her family appeared on All Star Family Fortunes on 20th September 2008.
- She then appeared in Jack Osbourne's ITV2 show "Adrenaline Junkie" on 12th November 2008 as well as in an episode of "I Love My Country", on BBC One in 2013.
- Later, in December 2015, she took part in a celebrity edition of "The Chase".
- She competed in the fifteenth series of BBC's Strictly Come Dancing in Autumn of 2017 partnering with Aljaž Škorjanec reaching the final of the competition on 16 December, where they finished either second, third, or fourth (results not disclosed via the BBC), losing out to Joe McFadden.
- Besides this, she played Goldie Lookin Chain's love interest in the music video for the single "R'n'B" and featured on the cover of the CD single release.
- In 2008, she made her debut video game appearance in "Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3" which she reprised in "Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising" (2009).
- She took part in EA's "Be the One" event in Trafalgar Square on 29th October 2008, which forms part of the London Games Festival.
- She appeared in the video to Rizzle Kicks's song "Skip to the Good Bit" in 2013.
- She then co-hosted the Key 103 breakfast show with Mike Toolan from 1st February 2017 to May 2018.
- She presented the Hits Radio breakfast show for the first year of Hits Radio's broadcasting, and now, she presents the drive time slot across the Hits Radio Network with Wes Butters.
Gemma Atkinson Personal Life: Who is she engaged to?
Gemma Atkinson is not a married lady but she is currently engaged. After being in a happy relationship with her boyfriend/partner, Gorka Marquez, they engaged on 14th February 2021. Professionally, Gorka Marquez is a Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer. On 1st February 2019, she announced on Instagram that they were expecting a baby. She then gave birth to a baby girl, Mia, on 4 July 2019. Today, the couple is enjoying their present life happily without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight. The duo is planning to be husband and wife soon.
Previously, she has dated Cleveland Campbell, Darren Bent, Mark Furze, Alan Smith, Cristiano Ronaldo, Marcus Bent, Liam Richards, Ollie Foster.
Gemma Atkinson is very active in charity work. Back in September 2007, she did a 5 kilometre (3 miles, 190 yards) charity run for breast cancer awareness. In April 2008, she embarked upon a 228 kilometres (142 mi) walk along the Great Wall of China as part of a charity event organized by Olivia Newton-John's breast cancer awareness charity. She ran to raise funds for the New Children's Hospital appeal. On 17th May 2009, she finished the 10 km run with a time of 1 hour 6 minutes. She ran the Great Manchester Run for the charity in May 2016.
How much is Gemma Atkinson Net Worth?
Gemma Atkinson is an actress, former model, radio presenter as well as a television personality whose net worth is estimated to have $4 million as of 2021. She made this fortune from her television work. She had served as the female face of the 2007 British Grand Prix. She is also the face of USA Pro. She is famously a lingerie model and has modeled for several brands like La Senza, Ultimo’s D-G range, and many others. She has appeared in a Striptease commercial and numerous others. She has not disclosed anything about her career earnings, annual salary income to the media. But there is no doubt in the mind of her followers that she is making a cool amount of money from her work. She is living a lavish lifestyle from her work and she is satisfied with her earnings.
Gemma Atkinson Height, Weight and Body Measurements
Gemma Atkinson is an elegant and beautiful actress who stands at a perfect height of 5 feet 9 inches matching her body weight of 69 kg or 152 pounds. She said in an interview with Maxim magazine that she lost weight due to a fitness regimen and her breasts had declined in size and that the surgery had restored their original size and shape. She has dark brown hair color and her eye color is green. Her body measurement is 39-24-36 in or 99-61-91.5 cm and her dress size is 6 (US) or 38 (EU). In 2006, she underwent breast enlargement surgery, which took her bra size to 34E. She wears a shoe size of 8 (US) or 38.5 (EU). She maintains her body a lot as she is also a fitness lover and she does exercise daily as well as she goes to the gym. Her single workout session lasts for one hour. She has an athletic body type.
Did You Know?
- In late 2016, Atkinson supported the #gotyourback message, a campaign to help military veterans seek help if they need it.
- Since 2006 she has appeared in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women list, debuting at number 32.
- She ranked number 46 in AskMen.com's 99 Sexiest Women of 2008.
- She worked for the Orange promotion "On Yer Bike London" prior to the Tour de France.
- She underwent a breast enlargement surgery in early 2006.