Facts About George Conway
|Celebrated Name||George Conway|
|Age||59 Years Old|
|Birth Name||George Thomas Conway III|
|Birth Nation||United States|
|Place Of Birth||Boston, Massachusetts|
|Famous For||Famous as a Trump critic attorney.|
|High School||Marlborough High School|
|College / University||Harvard College|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts degree in Biochemistry|
|Best Known For||Known as the husband of Kellyanne Conway.|
|Son||George Conway IV|
|Daughter||Claudia Conway, Charlotte Conway, and Vanessa Conway|
|Net Worth||$40 million|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
George Conway is an American attorney who was shortlisted by President Donald Trump for U.S. solicitor general prior to the nomination in March 2017 of Noel Francisco. Conway is also known for having argued the 2010 Morrison vs National Australia Bank case before the U.S. Supreme Court which resulted in a unanimous decision authored by Antonin Scalia.
He is also known as the husband of Kellyanne Conway who is an American pollster, political consultant, and pundit serving as counselor to the president in the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump.
Even though his wife, Kellyanne worked for Trump, George emerged as a vocal Trump critic in 2018. On August 23, 2020, the couple made headlines after it was announced that George was stepping back from his role on the Lincoln Project, following his wife, Kellyanne's decision to leave the White House at the end of August both citing to focus on their family.
Besides, Conway is quite active in social media sites with over 1.4 million followers on Twitter: @gtconway3d.
What is George Conway Famous for?
- Famous as a Trump critic attorney.
- Known as the husband of Kellyanne Conway.
Where was George Conway Born?
George Conway was born on September 2, 1963, in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. His birth name is George Thomas Conway III. His nationality is American. Conway belongs to White ethnicity while Virgo is his zodiac sign.
George was born in a well-educated family to an electrical engineer father and an organic chemist mother. His father worked for defense contractor Raytheon. Conway grew up outside of Boston and graduated from Marlborough High School in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
He attended Harvard College where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biochemistry in 1984, where William A. Haseltine served as his faculty advisor. Three years later, he obtained his J.D. from Yale University Law School where he worked as an editor of the Yale Law Journal. He also served as the president of the school's chapter of the Federalist Society.
George Conway's Career Highlights
- George Conway started his legal career in 1987 when he served as a law clerk to Judge Ralph K. Winter, Jr. of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit till 1988.
- In September 1988, Conway joined the law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz, and was named a partner of the firm in the Litigation Department in January 1994.
- Conway was one of the attorneys who represented Paula Jones in her lawsuit against U.S. President Bill Clinton.
- On March 29, 2010, Conway made headlines with his argument about the 2010 Morrison vs National Australia Bank case before the U.S. Supreme Court which resulted in a unanimous decision authored by Antonin Scalia.
- In January 2017, he was considered for the post of Solicitor General. In March, he was nominated to run the United States Department of Justice Civil Division, but he declined to pursue the post.
- On November 9, 2018, Conway and Neal Katyal wrote an op-ed in the New York Times challenging the constitutionality of Trump's appointment of Matthew Whitaker.
- In November 2018, Conway organized a group called "Checks and Balances", composed of more than a dozen members of the conservative-libertarian Federalist Society.
- Conway is a founding member and advisor of the "Lincoln Project", a conservative Super PAC formed in December 2019 and dedicated to "Defeat President Trump and Trumpism" at the ballot box. On August 23, 2020, he announced that he would be taking a leave from the Lincoln Project in order to devote more time to his family.
- Following the Impeachment of Donald Trump, Conway opined in "The Washington Post" that if the relevant witnesses are not allowed to testify during the Senate Trump impeachment trial.
Who is George Conway's Wife: Kellyanne Conway?
George Conway is married to his only wife, Kellyanne Fitzpatrick. Kellyanne is an American pollster, political consultant, and pundit who serves as counselor to the president in the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump. George came to know about Kellyanne when he saw her on the cover of a society magazine. He had also known of her from her television appearances and called Ann Coulter for an introduction.
Shortly after, they began dating and got married in 2001, and she took his last name. The couple together is blessed with 4 children: Claudia Conway, George Conway IV, Charlotte Conway, and Vanessa Conway and currently lives in Washington, D.C.
Conway's daughter Claudia Conway came to fame in 2020 for her anti-Trump comments on TikTok, which made headlines all over the country. Her social media accounts were also made private briefly at the time. On August 23, 2020, the couple made headlines after it was announced that George was stepping back from his role on the Lincoln Project, an outside group of Republicans devoted to defeating Trump in November following his wife,
Kellyanne's decision to leave the White House at the end of August to focus on their family. He also mentioned taking a hiatus from Twitter, the venue he has often used to attack the president. Previously, in March 2019, Trump responded to Conway's attacks by calling him a "stone-cold LOSER & husband from hell" on Twitter.
What is the Net Worth of George Conway?
George Conway has quite good earnings from his professional career as an attorney. Having started his career since 1987, Conway has come up a long way leading as one of the personalities in the world of media with his clear thoughts about Trump. With all of his works, Conway has undoubtedly a net worth in million worth which is estimated to be around $40 million.
How Tall is George Conway?
George Conway is a good looking man in his 50s. With his bold personality, Conway has managed to win several hearts all around the US. He stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch while his body weighs around 90kg(200 lbs). He has a fair complexion with an average body build, black hair and light brown eyes.