Gilbert Gottfried Bio, Death, Wife, Net Worth, Family, Age, Facts
Gilbert Jeremy Gottfried was an American actor and stand-up comedian who was excellently known as Gilbert Gottfried. He provided the voice for Iago in Disney's "Aladdin" and was the spokesperson for Aflac for many years. He started his career at the age of fifteen, doing stand-up comedy routines at various open mic nights in New York, and was later hired to be a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" in 1980, but only stayed around for 12 episodes. Gilbert was widely criticized after joking about masturbation at the 1991 Emmy Awards. However, he was fired as the voice of the Aflac duck in 2011 after making insensitive jokes on Twitter about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan that year. He also began hosting "Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast" in 2014 until the time of his death. Moreover, Gilbert was seen as God in the 2022 TV series "Smiling Friends". Sadly we lost such a versatile icon on 12th April 2022.
- Being an American actor and stand-up comedian.
- For providing the voice for Iago in Disney's "Aladdin".
How did Gilbert Gottfried die?
Gilbert Gottfried leave the world forever in Manhattan from recurrent ventricular tachycardia, complicated by type II myotonic dystrophy, on 12th April 2022, at the age of 67. "We are heartbroken to announce the passing of our beloved Gilbert Gottfried after a long illness. In addition to being the most iconic voice in comedy, Gilbert was a wonderful husband, brother, friend, and father to his two young children. Although today is a sad day for all of us, please keep laughing as loud as possible in Gilbert’s honor," his family wrote on Twitter.
What nationality is Gilbert Gottfried?
Gilbert Gottfried was born on 28th February 1955 with the real name of Gilbert Jeremy Gottfried. His birthplace was Brooklyn, New York, U.S., and his nationality was American. He came from American-white ethnic background. Likewise, his religious belief was in the Jewish religion and his race was white. Gilbert lastly celebrated his 67 birthday in 2022 and as per his birthdate, his star sign was Pisces. His father's name was Max Gottfried whereas his mother's name had not been disclosed yet. Gilbert had two sisters, photographer Arlene Gottfried who died in 2017, and Karen Gottfried.
Gilbert Gottfried Career
- Gilbert Gottfried kicked off his career doing amateur stand-up in New York City at the age of 15 after which he was hired by "Saturday Night Live".
- He then starred in the 1987 film "Beverly Hills Cop II" and appeared in "The Amazing Live Sea-Monkeys".
- He was seen as the adoption agent Igor Peabody in "Problem Child" and "Problem Child 2" and the parrot Iago in "Aladdin" which was his three most prominent roles came in 1990, 1991, and 1992.
- He voiced Berkeley Beetle in 1994's "Thumbelina" and host of the Saturday edition of "USA Up All Night" for its entire run from 1989 to 1998.
- As well, he was a recurring guest star during the Tom Bergeron era of "The Hollywood Squares".
- He provided the voice of Mister Mxyzptlk in "Superman: The Animated Series" and became a part of an online advertising campaign for Microsoft's Office XP software.
- He made an appearance on the Let's Make a Deal portion of "Gameshow Marathon" in 2006 and starred as Peter's horse in an episode of "Family Guy" entitled "Boys Do Cry".
- Subsequently, he became a member of "Team Rachael" on the second season of Food Network's "Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity Cook-Off" in 2013.
- Gilbert was also a commentator on "truTV Presents: World's Dumbest..." as well as Sideshow Network premiered "Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast" on 28th May 2014.
- He starred in a special segment of "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" on 10th June 2018 and starred as a guest in episode 170 of the "Angry Video Game Nerd" on 31st July 2019.
- Gilbert guest-starred as God on the season finale of "Smiling Friends" on 10th January 2022.
- Gottfried made "an endless series of masturbation jokes" in reference to Paul Reubens' arrest for masturbating in an adult movie theater at the 43rd Primetime Emmy Awards.
- During his monologue at a Friars Club roast of Hugh Hefner three weeks after the 11th September attacks, he joked that he had intended to catch a plane, but could not get a direct flight because "they said they have to stop at the Empire State Building first".
- He also made a series of jokes on his Twitter account about the earthquake disaster in Japan in March 2011.
Who is Gilbert Gottfried's Wife?
Gilbert Gottfried was a married man. He tied a knot with his beautiful wife Dara Kravitz whom he met at a Grammy Awards party. The pair were married in 2007 and had two children together: a daughter, Lily, and a son, Max. The couple's relationship was awesome till the time of Gilbert's death. Reflecting on his sexual orientation, he was straight.
How much is Gilbert Gottfried's Net Worth?
Gilbert Gottfried was a versatile man who had a net worth of $8 million at the time of his death (2022). He also earned a fine amount of salary which was around $500 thousand per year. Gilbert had gained a considerable amount of money from his profession as his major source of income was from his actor and stand-up comedian career. He was sincere in his work.
How tall is Gilbert Gottfried?
Gilbert Gottfried stood at an ideal height of 5 ft 5 in (165 cm) with a perfect body weight of 70 kg. He had short dark brown hair and eyes color. Additionally, his body build type was average.
Did You Know?
- In 2014, he began hosting Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast.
- He married Dara Kravitz, a music executive, in 2007.
- He and Lea Salonga were two of the lead voice actors in Aladdin, with Salonga voicing Princess Jasmine.
- He provided the voice for Iago in Disney's Aladdin and was the spokesperson for Aflac for many years.
- He began his career at the age of fifteen, doing stand up comedy routines at various open mic nights in New York.