Gina Carano - Bio, Net Worth, Dating, Boyfriend, Married, Family, MMA, UFC, Record, Retired, Photo, Age, Facts, Wiki, Height, Weight, Career, Movies
Gina Carano is an American actress, television personality, fitness model, and former mixed martial artist who is well remembered for a 12-1 record. Having started her career as a Muay Thai fighter, she gained much popularity with her competitiveness and also has been crowned as "The Face of Women’s MMA".
She is also the first American woman to win a title in Thailand in Muay Thai. In 2008, she was ranked 5th on a list of the "Top 10 Influential Women". Aside from her MMA career, Carano made her film debut in the 2009 direct-to-DVD martial arts film, "Blood and Bone" and also has appeared in some action films including "Haywire"(2011), "Fast & Furious 6"(2013), "Deadpool"(2016). Currently, Carano stars as Cara Dune in the TV series, "The Mandalorian".
Besides, she is quite active in social media sites with over 341k followers on her Twitter: @ginacarano and with over 1.1 million followers on her Instagram: @ginajcarano.
What is Gina Carano Famous for?
- Famous as a former mixed martial artist remembered for her 12-1 record.
- Known for her portrayal as Riley Hicks in "Fast & Furious 6".
Gina Carano: 10 Things You Need to Know About Former MMA Fighter
Where was Gina Carano born?
Gina Carano was born on April 16, 1982, in Dallas, Texas, United States. Her birth name is Gina Joy Carano. Carano belongs to mixed ethnicity and is of English, Scottish, and German heritage while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Gina was born to an Italian-American family as the second daughter of her parents: Glenn Thomas Carano(father) and Dana Joy(mother). Her father, Glenn is a former American professional football player who played as a quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys for 7 seasons.
Her parents divorced soon and then she was primarily raised by her mother, however, her father played an integral part in her upbringing. She grew up along with her 2 sibling sisters: an older sister, Casey, and a younger one, Christie.
Carano attended and graduated from Trinity Christian High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, where she helped the girls' basketball team to secure the state title. She then attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas to study psychology for three years after attending a year at the University of Nevada, Reno. However, during her last year, she dropped out to support her older sister through a crisis.
Belonging to family to an athletic background, Carano always had an interest in sports eventually, at age of 21, she started Muay Thai training with a 4-time kickboxing champion, Master Toddy on the advice of her then-boyfriend Kevin Ross.
With her determination, powerful punches, deadly elbows, hard kicks, natural strength, and agility, she excelled in the sport with his encouragement and landed in ‘Fight-Club’ scenarios in San Francisco, triumphing over female fighters.
What Does Gina Carano Do For Living?
- Gina Carano got her first-ever professional success after she made a total Muay Thai record of 12-1-1. After then she went to the World Pro Fighting show in Las Vegas to fight Rosi Sexton which she won by knocking her out.
- On December 6, 2006, she faced won a fight against Elaina Maxwell at Strikeforce: Triple Threat which was the first female fight in Strikeforce.
- Carano played the role of an ice breaker for female boxers in a cult movie, "Ring Girls" in 2005.
- On February 10, 2007, in the first televised female fight on Showtime, she knocked Julie Kedzie flat in the second round.
- In September 2007, she won the fight against wrestling champion, Tonya Evinger for the first time, through a rear-naked choke.
- Carano served as a mentor to aspiring fighters in the 2007 Oxygen reality series, "Fight Girls".
- Carano defeated former HOOKnSHOOT Champion Kaitlin Young at EliteXC: Primetime on May 31, 2008.
- In October 2008, she stripped off at the weigh-in perfectly to fight against Kelly Kobold, which she won with her unleashing powerful kicks and blows. She dedicated the victory to her grandfather.
- In 2009, she starred as Crush in the NBC TV show, "American Gladiators" and also appeared as a Soviet commando and sniper, Natasha Volkova in a video game, "Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3".
- The same year, she made a cameo in a film, "Blood and Bone". She also was the cover face of ESPN The Magazine - The Body Issue.
- On August 15, 2009, the biggest fight occurred in the history of Women’s MMA, which was Strikeforce’s first Women’s Championship between Brazilian fighter Cristiane ‘Cyborg’ Santos and Carano that brought about the end of her MMA career. However, Carano got defeated by Santos in the first round ever.
- Carano landed with her first-ever lead role as Mallory Kane in the spy thriller movie, "Haywire" in 2011.
- In 2012, she got her second lead role as Ava in an action thriller, "In the Blood" which was released in 2014. The same year, in September Carano, signed on as the lead in an all-female ensemble action film described as the female version of "The Expendables".
- In 2013, she co-starred as Riley Hicks in a popular action film, "Fast & Furious 6". She also appeared in the 2013–2014 Fox series, "Almost Human" in episode Unbound.
- She co-starred as Victoria in the action thriller film, "Extraction"(2015), and she played Angel Dust in the superhero film, "Deadpool"(2006).
- In 2019, she began to star as Cara Dune in Lucasfilm's first live-action Star Wars series, "The Mandalorian".
- Carano also portrayed the role of Carrie in a crime comedy film, "Madness in the Method" and got her third lead role as Clair Hamilton in action thriller film, "Daughter of the Wolf".
Gina Carano Boyfriend Kevin Ross
Gina Carano is currently in a relationship with Kevin Ross. Ross is a popular American pro-Muay Thai fighter who got her involved in the sport of Muay Thai in the first place. Reportedly they have been dating since June 2015 and have been in good relations since then. Also, they were in a relationship previously for four long years and separated for almost a decade before getting back again.
Previously, in August 2012, she dated a British actor, Henry Cavill however, their relation didn't last long as they got separated in December 2015. She also dated Kit Cope, a Martial Artist.
Besides, Carano blasted Instagram on Monday, June 30, 2020, alleging the social media platform deleted a nude photo she had posted to empower people. However, Carano's post violated Instagram’s community guidelines and the photo was deleted.
Gina Carano Net Worth
Gina Carano has quite good earnings from her professional career as a former MMA fighter and actress. Having been in the field of fights, fame, and recognition for over a decade, Carano has undoubtedly managed to amass a million worth fortune from her several wins, matches, and movies.
Her net worth is estimated to be around $8 million.
Gina Carano Height
Gina Carano is a beautiful physically fit lady in her 30s. With her passionate way of taking things down in MMA and her powerful thoughts, Carano has managed to win million hearts all around the world. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch.(1.73 m) while her body weighs around 65kg(143 lbs).
She has a well-maintained fit athletic body physique of measurement 32-26-32 inches with 32 B as her bra size, 10(US) as her dress size. She has a fair complexion with brown hair and brown eyes.
Trivias About Gina Carano You Need To Know.
- Through the fight that happened between Carano and Cyborg on August 15, 2009, Carano became the first female fighter who earned $100,000 for a single fight.
- On 10 February 2007, in the first televised female fight on Showtime, she knocked Julie Kedzie flat in the second round.
- On June 30, 2020, Carano took her frustrations out in a tweet after her nude photo was deleted by Instagram that she uploaded with a purpose to empower people.